Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Master and Grand Master

13»

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Noaani wrote: »
    People claim they did, cause Steven said so in a rant. He then realized that was a bad take and apologized for it, and since then you have seen them very careful not to shit in other people's sandboxes.
    6srgr8akoz4i.png

I'd not seen that before - I assume (hope) Steven was drunk when he wrote it.

Steven don't drink the devil's brew.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    People claim they did, cause Steven said so in a rant. He then realized that was a bad take and apologized for it, and since then you have seen them very careful not to shit in other people's sandboxes.
    6srgr8akoz4i.png

I'd not seen that before - I assume (hope) Steven was drunk when he wrote it.

Steven don't drink the devil's brew.
    Yeah, I know - but I would rather believe he was drunk than posted that while sober.

That said, as someone with a side hustle of making spirits and liqueurs, I consider this to be a character flaw.
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Fantmx wrote: »
    Abarat wrote: »
    ok. monkey in the room. new world straight up stole stevens ideas. they implemented them fast and dirty. That is when he pulled back. so, dont cry open development. He is saving us, not hiding.

disclaimer: this is my opinion and only my opinion.

What ideas did they steal?

And how does that have to do with the fact that in order to give accurate feedback, as they have requested, we need an accurate understanding of what they are doing?

You are waaaaay off the datum point to give any feedback.
    If people were asking feedback on how to sent scientists to space, you would say "ok.. we need to make sure that the rocket is suitable to carry babies", at which point is a waste of time to further engage you.

The understanding that IS has given is accurate.
    In AoC you are not protected from other players that try to outplay you.
    There are no safety nets to make sure that "you too can accomplish it without fail".

Nobody is buying your narrative of Steven not being clear about where AoC is going.

My man. You do realize I'm not Dygz right? Your hate and anger for him seems to be blinding you to anyone you associate with him. Half of what you said above doesn't apply to me and the other half makes no sense.

I've never asked for handouts, never asked to have everything for nothing and always said I'd put in the work. I have also never said anything negative about Steven's ability. I have no idea what his ability is. I imagine after 6 plus years he has learned quite a lot of valuable knowledge that he uses everyday to move Ashes forward.

I hope you are able to lose some of that anger and we can have meaningful conversations. Until then I wish you peace, happiness and good health.

I think Dygz has a positive influence onto the game.

I agree.
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Depraved wrote: »

eh what ideas did they steal? 90% of aoc is l2, so new stole l2?

success is about reading the room and timing, at least that is what my grandfather used to say.

Was he successful?

i was gonna ask that T_T
  • Options
    DrDefault wrote: »
    Could be something like this:

Novice
    • Tier 1

Journeyman
    • Tier 2
    • Tier 3

Master
    • Tier 4

Grandmaster
    • Tier 5

Grandmaster could also only be a title given when a profession skill reaches the maximum. So master would deal with T4 and T5 once their skill is higher.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    CROW3 wrote: »

eh what ideas did they steal? 90% of aoc is l2, so new stole l2?

success is about reading the room and timing, at least that is what my grandfather used to say.

Was he successful?

Not, I am going to start my own game studio successful, but above average, I think. He is deceased now.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I hope you are able to lose some of that anger and we can have meaningful conversations. Until then I wish you peace, happiness and good health.

Thank you.

I guess I feel that Dygz is inherently not honest about his position. He is fairly consistent, but not honest. It feels to me he has an objective that he is unwilling to openly admit. I certainly could be wrong, but all I have to go on is how I see it.

I could see how you would think my continued irritation about this makes it seem like I am angry. I am really not, but i do appreciate your 'concern'. I watch all of your shows (i dont follow or subscribe)... I think you and dygz both have some agenda's you dont want made public. Neuro is solid. He calls it like he sees it, not how he 'wants' it. I respect that.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I am reluctant to engage you, since i feel you are a wackadoodle, but ...

specifically, how is Dygz a positive influence [onto] the game?

Not the community, the game. @Fantmx is pretty biased and too close on this topic, his agreement to this is fairly predictable.

Despite my personal objections to some things, I agree Dygz is a positive influence on the community. But, I very much disagree he has had a positive influence on the game.

You typically struggle with the "specifically" part so I would like to admonish you to actually answer the question asked, not what you made up in your head was the question.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2023
    mcnasty wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    I’m about to leave for dance class and don’t have time to research that.

Hold up. Wait a minute. Not sure how everyone is ok just letting this slip by.

Very cool. What kind of dance? I'm going to guess Contemporary.
    Interesting! In college, I mostly danced Modern and Jazz. I'm old enough that Contemporary was not really a thing yet. We did do a tiny bit of Cunningham technique, though.
    My favorite technique is Horton, but my college instructor loved Graham.

Shortly after I started working at Activision, I began taking West Coast Swing classes.
    So, West Coast Swing and East Coast Swing through 2004.
    By 2004, I was mostly taking Salsa and Bachata.
    Right now, I have 1 WCS class, 1 Jazz class, 1 or 2 Cardio Salsa classes, 1 Merengue, 1 Freestyle Nightclub class, 3 Bachata classes and 4 Salsa classes. They just started an East Coast Swing class a couple weeks ago that I will probably jump into tonight.

:D
  • Options

Interesting! In college, I mostly danced Modern and Jazz. I'm old enough that Contemporary was not really a thing yet. We did do a tiny bit of Cunningham technique, though.

Shortly after I started working at Activision, I began taking West Coast Swing classes.
    Right now, I have 1 WCS class, 1 Jazz class, 1 or 2 Cardio Salsa classes, 1 Merengue, 1 Freestyle Nightclub class, 2 Bachata classes and 3 Salsa classes. They just started an East Coast Swing class a couple weeks ago that I will probably jump into tonight.

Awesome, do you have a regular partner, or do they match you up with people?
  • Options
    I felt like Steven was taking EQNext ideas from the EQ/EQ2 devs he hired.
    Maybe EQNext was also taking ideas from L2 - I dunno.

NW Sieges don't seem anything like Ashes Sieges.
    Especially since I can completely ignore all the PvP in New World.
    That being said - I probably would have not played NW with their Alpha PvP designs.

(Which is also why it will be great if those NW Alpha players can get their PvP fix from Ashes.)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    i dont remember EQNext? What years was that game playable?
  • Options
    Awesome, do you have a regular partner, or do they match you up with people?
    Followers rotate from Leader to Leader.
    I either Follow or Lead - depends on whether the class has too many Followers or too many Leaders.
    I don't have a dance partner at the moment.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    message deleted as an erroneous duplicate
  • Options
    EQNext was in open development from 2013-2016. It was never playable.
    The companion game, Landmark, was playable from 2014-2016.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Followers rotate from Leader to Leader.
    I either Follow or Lead - depends on whether the class has too many Followers or too many Leaders.
    I don't have a dance partner at the moment.

its pretty cool you are doing that.

in game dances with Dygz! 10g. Sign up today.

payable to @dygz'sfreeholdbid

• Options
    EQNext was in open development from 2013-2016. It was never playable.
    The companion game, Landmark, was playable from 2014-2016.

production or alpha or beta?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    So... really Landmark was the only aspect of EQNext that was ever tangible.
    Landmark was in Alpha from 2014-2016, but...
    They called it Beta at some point in order to meet the dates for Early Access packages.

Kinda similar in some ways to Ashes and the Apoc Battle Royale, except the big mistake SOE/Daybreak made was keeping Landmark playable 24/7 for more than 6 months - which meant they kept improving Landmark but never truly worked on implementing EQNext.
  • Options
    So... really Landmark was the only aspect of EQNext that was ever tangible.
    Landmark was in Alpha from 2014-2016, but...
    They called it Beta at some point in order to meet the dates for Early Access packages.

Kinda similar in some ways to Ashes and the Apoc Battle Royale, except the big mistake SOE/Daybreak made was keeping Landmark playable 24/7 for more than 6 months - which meant they kept improving Landmark but never truly worked on implementing EQNext.

it seems to get a lot of 'press' for a game that did not make it out of development.
  • Options
    Because it was an SOE/EQ game.
    So, it's shocking that it didn't make it out of development.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Because it was an SOE/EQ game.
    So, it's shocking that it didn't make it out of development.

I wonder why, i mean, if it was so good....?

Also, more than a little ironic given the "Steven is not a game developer" mantra of some... apparently, being a "real game developer" does not guarantee success. weird.

I think I remember you being in on the 'Steven is not a game developer", is that correct @Dygz ?
  • Options

Right now, I have 1 WCS class, 1 Jazz class, 1 or 2 Cardio Salsa classes, 1 Merengue, 1 Freestyle Nightclub class, 3 Bachata classes and 4 Salsa classes. They just started an East Coast Swing class a couple weeks ago that I will probably jump into tonight.

Super cool. Sounds really fun. I might have to check out a class sometime. Thanks for the reply.
  • Options

I am reluctant to engage you, since i feel you are a wackadoodle, but ...

specifically, how is Dygz a positive influence [onto] the game?

I mean, I know I've said this to you before, but I never said the thing in your quote.

With the amount of things I havent said that you have attributed to me, things from people with different perspectives, it's no real wonder you think I am "wackadoodle".
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Also, more than a little ironic given the "Steven is not a game developer" mantra of some... apparently, being a "real game developer" does not guarantee success. weird.
    Because the devs kept Landmark up 24/7.
    And because SOE got bought out and became Daybreak Games.
    So…brand new board of directors and publisher.

Landmark is a great lesson for Ashes Alpha 2. Probably not wise to keep it running 24/7 through the Betas.

I think I remember you being in on the 'Steven is not a game developer", is that correct?
    Steven is not an experienced game dev with a released game on his belt.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »

right. that is the wiki. got it.

What does tier 3 mean... what are you able to craft?

master, same question
    grand master, same question

Am I missing where they are giving specifics to the levels of the gear you will be able to produce or materials you will be able to process?

T3 = is 30ish stuff it seems, steven said there was a debate to have freehold unlock at level 30 so it lines up with processing progression, so i would guess T1 = 1-10 T2 = 11-20 T3= 21-30 T4= 31-40 and T5 = 41-50 roughly
  • Options

Landmark is a great lesson for Ashes Alpha 2. Probably not wise to keep it running 24/7 through the Betas.

I think I remember you being in on the 'Steven is not a game developer", is that correct?

what is Landmark?
  • Options

what is Landmark?

It was essentially a public test of EQN, but was also put to use as a build site as the games terrain was sort of voxel based.

Landmark perhaps was to EQN what Apocalypse was to Ashes, only it was up permanently.
  • Options

what is Landmark?

It was essentially a public test of EQN, but was also put to use as a build site as the games terrain was sort of voxel based.

Landmark perhaps was to EQN what Apocalypse was to Ashes, only it was up permanently.

EQN was also gonna have a node system similiar to AoC aswell however EQN got scrapped due to unable to over come a tech hurdle which im guessing the node system was the tech issue they were having :P seems like AoC has cracked it though.
    Apparently EQN is back in development too
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Veeshan wrote: »

what is Landmark?

EQN was also gonna have a node system similiar to AoC aswell however EQN got scrapped due to unable to over come a tech hurdle which im guessing the node system was the tech issue they were having :P seems like AoC has cracked it though.

Back in development?
  • Options
    Veeshan wrote: »

what is Landmark?

Back in development?

Daybreak are hiring developers for an unannounced high fantasy title. That is the limit of what I personally know.