Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Excessive advantage of a large purposeful guild

Comments

• Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Raven016 wrote: »
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Social_organizations

I see on this link that
    Social organizations cater for solo players who don't wish to engage in guild-oriented organizations.[7][8]

And that there is a "Trader's company". Could it be that the best traders will be solo players?

So I think now it will be like this. Alone or as a member of 1 small guild, you can only get involved in things that depend on one person and they can't support you in it, collecting, gardening, fish breeding, maybe scientific research.processing raw materials or forging weapons, armor, jewelry will all be for the big ones. You can start small, but it won't be worth it, it will cost you a lot of time and by the time you reach the big ones, the equipment you could sell will be worth much less or the market will be saturated.
  • Options
    xmix wrote: »
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Social_organizations

I see on this link that
    Social organizations cater for solo players who don't wish to engage in guild-oriented organizations.[7][8]

And that there is a "Trader's company". Could it be that the best traders will be solo players?

So I think now it will be like this. Alone or as a member of 1 small guild, you can only get involved in things that depend on one person and they can't support you in it, collecting, gardening, fish breeding, maybe scientific research.processing raw materials or forging weapons, armor, jewelry will all be for the big ones. You can start small, but it won't be worth it, it will cost you a lot of time and by the time you reach the big ones, the equipment you could sell will be worth much less or the market will be saturated.

Why you think a "member of 1 small guild" could do this but a member of a large guild not?
    "Trader's company" seems related to buying and selling things. One can become rich just by buying cheap and selling expensive. Activities to advance it that organization should be related to moving goods and trading instead of gathering.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Well, nobody here agrees with me. But they will be revealed in the alpha. I just drew attention to this. But maybe I'm just overthinking it.
  • Options
    Well, nobody here agrees with me. But they will be revealed in the alpha. I just drew attention to this. But maybe I'm just overthinking it.

I like that you are concerned about this topic.
    The forum will be a fun place when alpha 2 starts.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Actually, I think everyone here agrees with the situation you see happening in game (even if your numbers aren't really accurate).

The thing is, to most people here, this is just a part of the game.

Individuals are not going to succeed in Ashes - simple as that.

Also, if anything, Alpha would give you a false sense of security, rather than prove you right. Guilds and such don't get in to full efficiency mode when testing.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    Actually, I think everyone here agrees with the situation you see happening in game (even if your numbers aren't really accurate).

The thing is, to most people here, this is just a part of the game.

Individuals are not going to succeed in Ashes - simple as that.

Also, if anything, Alpha would give you a false sense of security, rather than prove you right. Guilds and such don't get in to full efficiency mode when testing.

This is 1 important part of the game. This will be your main source of income. Everything will have to be manufactured.
  • Options
    With the design so far for Ashes, encouraging alliances and what not, I feel like the guild perks that buff the guild members should be pretty substantial conpared to the perks for more members. Promoting more small guilds with stronger individuals as opposed to massive singular guilds with weaker individuals.
    Only problem is when mega guilds plan to form several small guilds, though the inconvenience of limiting alliances may thwart that a bit.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Dolyem wrote: »
    With the design so far for Ashes, encouraging alliances and what not, I feel like the guild perks that buff the guild members should be pretty substantial conpared to the perks for more members. Promoting more small guilds with stronger individuals as opposed to massive singular guilds with weaker individuals.
    Only problem is when mega guilds plan to form several small guilds, though the inconvenience of limiting alliances may thwart that a bit.

I would be more interested in what kind of skill trees the guilds will have, depending on their size, and what you can get out of them.guild's maintenance cost or membership fee.
  • Options
    TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited August 2023
    It would be quite upsetting if a single player or a small guild was as-capable as a much larger guild that works well together to have the same exact output, by purposeful limitations in the game-design.

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Same exact output of what???
  • Options
    It would be quite upsetting if a single player or a small guild was as-capable as a much larger guild that works well together to have the same exact output, by purposeful limitations in the game-design.

Why if they both have the option to choose power from numbers or power from perks? There will still always be a massive advantage having more players in more places at once.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Raven016Raven016 Member
    edited August 2023
    I'm thinking of a small guild. I don't have good experience with guilds, especially the bigger ones.The problem here is with the processing. 30 people hammer the metal for him, which takes 2 months for you and 2 days for him.ha ezen nem változtatnak akor nézek magamnak olyan szakmát aminek van értelme.Akkor maradnak ezek a gyüjtögető szakmák a kicsiknek meg még pár szakma.Amikbe nem tud besegíteni 1 másik személy bányászás favágás.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Lumberjacking
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Vyril wrote: »
    I recommend reading the wiki on guilds.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Guilds

There are many +/- on varying guild sizes, and to a decent extent large guilds are important to Ashes.

Nice wiki drop 😏👊
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Vaknar wrote: »

There are many +/- on varying guild sizes, and to a decent extent large guilds are important to Ashes.

Nice wiki drop 😏👊

Hi.(I'm anti-secondary character).one of your characters is in a small guild and the other is in a large guild and you have the advantage of both guilds at some level.we put together a lot of raw materials with a large guild, someone goes to a small one and manufactures it advantageously.There can be many solutions. But I don't know what the development team chose.if you quit or you will be kicked out of the guild not be allowed to enter anywhere else for 24 hours, but 5 days if fired 10 days.if I enter 1 guild, I don't automatically get the guild bonuses. Membership 5-10 days. And custom quests.
  • Options

Nice wiki drop 😏👊

Hi.(I'm anti-secondary character).one of your characters is in a small guild and the other is in a large guild and you have the advantage of both guilds at some level.we put together a lot of raw materials with a large guild, someone goes to a small one and manufactures it advantageously.

If you and your friends have two guilds and you level them both up, then you get to have the benefits of both guilds.

Also, if I have a guild that has a given set of perks, and a given set of character slots, it is then up to me who I invite to my guild and thus give access to those perks.

They have already talked about a cooldown before being able to join a new guild after leaving another guild (it isn't on the wiki, but it has been talked about).

However, in your situation with two guilds, that doesn't mean anything.

---

As to your general point that you are making, the notion of having more than one character per account is actually kind of key to the game. Things like inter-guild or inter-node espionage literally require you to have a second character - and Intrepid are not really able to limit those activities to people willing and able to pay for a second account.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member

Nice wiki drop 😏👊

Hi.(I'm anti-secondary character).one of your characters is in a small guild and the other is in a large guild and you have the advantage of both guilds at some level.we put together a lot of raw materials with a large guild, someone goes to a small one and manufactures it advantageously.

If you and your friends have two guilds and you level them both up, then you get to have the benefits of both guilds.

Also, if I have a guild that has a given set of perks, and a given set of character slots, it is then up to me who I invite to my guild and thus give access to those perks.

They have already talked about a cooldown before being able to join a new guild after leaving another guild (it isn't on the wiki, but it has been talked about).

---

As to your general point that you are making, the notion of having more than one character per account is actually kind of key to the game. Things like inter-guild or inter-node espionage literally require you to have a second character - and Intrepid are not really able to limit those activities to people willing and able to pay for a second account.

The problem is that they don't say how long it takes for a character to develop from lvl 1 to lvl max + profession.Everyone's speed is different.100 óra ? 200-300 óra? 300+ óra? too little is a problem, too much is a problem.But it also depends on the developers.What target group will you develop it for.for those who play 1-2 hours a day or for those who will play 4-10 hours.
  • Options
    KalnazzarKalnazzar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2023
    Azherae wrote: »
    A larger guild with 300 people will have 20-50 miners and 1-2 processors and will receive the metal for free. I, who am in a smaller guild and buy the metal to process it, will I compete?I'm 20-50 times behind.The small guild gets a bonus.It's not hard to get around.I would put a weekly or monthly limit on how much you could improve in a profession.Avoid some problems with this.who would cut the tree for 8 hours a day just to grow.Exploiting markets when someone will produce 100 axes just to quickly improve their skills.and 1 smaller character should also have a chance to bring in the backlog.

The solution to this is to limit the economic flow such that it doesn't make as much sense for there to be 50 miners, via the game's main design.

If you have enough materials that 50 miners in one guild of 300 is worth having and those miners are not operating at a loss in opportunity cost of any kind, the game is already broken.

20ish is probably okay, but the world is supposed to be huge.

Also, econ wise, this shouldn't really work for a very very long list of other reasons. Trust Intrepid. Note that I'm talking only about your very specific presented scenario of 'being behind because you need to purchase the metal', not any other advantages of numbers or organized larger guilds.

I have heard several times that the smaller ones will be able to compete with the bigger ones, but I don't see how this will come true.

This will be capped but not in a way of making people have caps to levels but the richness of the land if you over farm it hurts the echo system stopping stuff from coming back and being overfarmed. Which in my eyes is a perfect way of handling this issue. It will take time to come back to the area and randomly and as long as they stay true to this and make it random places it should come back again until it returns, go and find another zone that also has the ore or herb if there are any if not wait till it randomly respawns in the world. Now as far as eyes in the world go smaller guilds will never have as many scouts out looking because you just don't have as many players.
  • Options

Nice wiki drop 😏👊

---

The problem is that they don't say how long it takes for a character to develop from lvl 1 to lvl max + profession.Everyone's speed is different.100 óra ? 200-300 óra? 300+ óra? too little is a problem, too much is a problem.But it also depends on the developers.What target group will you develop it for.for those who play 1-2 hours a day or for those who will play 4-10 hours.

It doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as everyone has to put in the same amount of effort.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Kalnazzar wrote: »
    Azherae wrote: »
    A larger guild with 300 people will have 20-50 miners and 1-2 processors and will receive the metal for free. I, who am in a smaller guild and buy the metal to process it, will I compete?I'm 20-50 times behind.The small guild gets a bonus.It's not hard to get around.I would put a weekly or monthly limit on how much you could improve in a profession.Avoid some problems with this.who would cut the tree for 8 hours a day just to grow.Exploiting markets when someone will produce 100 axes just to quickly improve their skills.and 1 smaller character should also have a chance to bring in the backlog.

The solution to this is to limit the economic flow such that it doesn't make as much sense for there to be 50 miners, via the game's main design.

If you have enough materials that 50 miners in one guild of 300 is worth having and those miners are not operating at a loss in opportunity cost of any kind, the game is already broken.

20ish is probably okay, but the world is supposed to be huge.

Also, econ wise, this shouldn't really work for a very very long list of other reasons. Trust Intrepid. Note that I'm talking only about your very specific presented scenario of 'being behind because you need to purchase the metal', not any other advantages of numbers or organized larger guilds.

I have heard several times that the smaller ones will be able to compete with the bigger ones, but I don't see how this will come true.

This will be capped but not in a way of making people have caps to levels but the richness of the land if you over farm it hurts the echo system stopping stuff from coming back and being overfarmed. Which in my eyes is a perfect way of handling this issue. It will take time to come back to the area and randomly and as long as they stay true to this and make it random places it should come back again until it returns, go and find another zone that also has the ore or herb if there are any if not wait till it randomly respawns in the world. Now as far as eyes in the world go smaller guilds will never have as many scouts out looking because you just don't have as many players.

There are professions that have 1 (person logging mining gathering).I have more of a problem with the processing professions.there is 1 larger guild with 20 woodcutters and 1 processor and they send him the material to process.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member

Nice wiki drop 😏👊

---

It doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as everyone has to put in the same amount of effort.

I think it matters.example, 180 hours of development. 3 hours a day is 2 months. But someone who plays for 9 hours has 20 days.he will have 3 characters for you 1.it would be different with bigger numbers. mongyuk with 450 hours.+ 1 character would still fit, but +2 +3 no longer.
  • Options

Nice wiki drop 😏👊

---

I think it matters.example, 180 hours of development. 3 hours a day is 2 months. But someone who plays for 9 hours has 20 days.he will have 3 characters for you 1.it would be different with bigger numbers. mongyuk with 450 hours.+ 1 character would still fit, but +2 +3 no longer.

Yes, that is how it should be.

Someone that spends three times as much time in game as you should have three times the reward.

In the case of leveling professions, that reward is a character with their profession leveled up.
  • Options
    There are professions that have 1 (person logging mining gathering).I have more of a problem with the processing professions.there is 1 larger guild with 20 woodcutters and 1 processor and they send him the material to process.

Logging may take 2
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&target=https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Lumberjacking
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member

Logging may take 2
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&target=https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Lumberjacking

Nice wiki drop 😏👊

---

Yes, that is how it should be.

Someone that spends three times as much time in game as you should have three times the reward.

In the case of leveling professions, that reward is a character with their profession leveled up.

For 400-500+ hours I would say ok.but if they say 200 hours?that's not okay with me.bigger mmo pulls up 1 character per month with 200 hours.
  • Options
    For 400-500+ hours I would say ok.but if they say 200 hours?that's not okay with me.bigger mmo pulls up 1 character per month with 200 hours.
    Why?

Why?

If someone is putting in two or three times the time as you, they are always going to be ahead of you.

What difference does it make if they are level 20 out of 50 while you are only level 10 out of 50, or if they are level 50 out of 50 and you are only level 35 out of 50?

That is essentially the difference you are talking about here. Regardless of how much time it takes, if you are putting in half the amount of time as someone else, they will still be twice as far ahead as you, and get to the level cap in faster than you.

The only actual solutions here are for either you to spend more time leveling, or for you to not concern yourself with what others are doing and just play the game your way.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Why?

Why?

If someone is putting in two or three times the time as you, they are always going to be ahead of you.

What difference does it make if they are level 20 out of 50 while you are only level 10 out of 50, or if they are level 50 out of 50 and you are only level 35 out of 50?

That is essentially the difference you are talking about here. Regardless of how much time it takes, if you are putting in half the amount of time as someone else, they will still be twice as far ahead as you, and get to the level cap in faster than you.

The only actual solutions here are for either you to spend more time leveling, or for you to not concern yourself with what others are doing and just play the game your way.

Whoever plays more gets a bigger advantage.but it doesn't matter what benefits you get.there are server restrictions.profession,guild buff, and no fast travel.can be avoided with more characters.
  • Options
    Why?

Why?

Whoever plays more gets a bigger advantage.but it doesn't matter what benefits you get.there are server restrictions.profession,guild buff, and no fast travel.can be avoided with more characters.

What is your solution? I'd rather here that right now on what you want exactly. right now it just sounds like you physically don' want people that play more than you to gain more progress... Without saying a proper solution and trying to pass it off as an idea this is kind of pointless to keep complaining. And pointless because in any normal game you playing more gets you more progress. Unless you go mobile route like lost ark / tower fantasy and cap player progression daily
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Why?

Why?

What is your solution? I'd rather here that right now on what you want exactly. right now it just sounds like you physically don' want people that play more than you to gain more progress... Without saying a proper solution and trying to pass it off as an idea this is kind of pointless to keep complaining. And pointless because in any normal game you playing more gets you more progress. Unless you go mobile route like lost ark / tower fantasy and cap player progression daily

You entered 1 conversation and did not read history.I would like to know how long it takes to develop 1 character. 1 profession and max lvl approx.if 200 hours will be 1 character, I think it is not enough because they draw 1 character every month.if 450+ hours will be 1 character, then it is not such a problem.I think your server will have a negative effect if there are too many sub characters for people. Develop your 2-3 characters more slowly.1 character on 1 server, but they don't want that, not on all servers, but it would be optional.this is perhaps the friendliest : more time 1 character should be max lvl level.
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Why?

Why?

You entered 1 conversation and did not read history.I would like to know how long it takes to develop 1 character. 1 profession and max lvl approx.if 200 hours will be 1 character, I think it is not enough because they draw 1 character every month.if 450+ hours will be 1 character, then it is not such a problem.I think your server will have a negative effect if there are too many sub characters for people. Develop your 2-3 characters more slowly.1 character on 1 server, but they don't want that, not on all servers, but it would be optional.this is perhaps the friendliest : more time 1 character should be max lvl level.

Ya this is a lost cause I'm just going to chalk it up to you are wrong, you are not giving a proper solution. If you spend more time playing the game you should have more progression. You have not said anything to make me think other wise.

You don't need to be competitive with top players, stop trying to advocate for reducing the amount of work other players put in because you won't play as much and/or make proper connection between other players.
  • Options
    Why?

Why?

Yes, people that play a game more will have advantages in that game over people that play that game less.

I don't see the issue.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Why?

Why?

Yes, people that play a game more will have advantages in that game over people that play that game less.

I don't see the issue.

We both play 1000 hours each.only I developed it into 1 character.another person developed 8 characters.this means 8 professions for him. he can be present at 8 points on the map with 2 clicks.and has 8 castes.