Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

AOC is NOT a PVP game.

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    blatblat Member
    hleV wrote: »
    I wouldn't be opposed to mobs of certain "intelligence" grabbing some of your loot if no player does that in a given timeframe, and then drop it all upon death. Would be a pretty original mechanic.

Ha I like that. Frantically hunting the mobs in the area to find the things you dropped.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    blat wrote: »
    I wouldn't be opposed to mobs of certain "intelligence" grabbing some of your loot if no player does that in a given timeframe, and then drop it all upon death. Would be a pretty original mechanic.

Ha I like that. Frantically hunting the mobs in the area to find the things you dropped.

So... MineCraft?

I guess MineCraft mobs technically take your gear first...
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    You drop Resources when you die.
    What you mean is that mobs do not pick up dropped items.

AH !!! Thanks for clarifying. 🫡
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I would highly prefer that :)
    Azherae wrote: »
    So... MineCraft?

Once again Minecraft proves to be the best game B) Best action combat, best pve interactions, best sandbox gameplay. I think Intrepid should just remake Minecraft :)
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    edited March 26
    NiKr wrote: »
    I would highly prefer that :)
    Azherae wrote: »
    So... MineCraft?

Once again Minecraft proves to be the best game B) Best action combat, best pve interactions, best sandbox gameplay. I think Intrepid should just remake Minecraft :)

Mojang would never add Creepers today.
    Their philosophy shifted toward protecting players and their constructions.
    Creepers are griefers. And endermen too.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Otr wrote: »
    Once again we're hit with the soft-padded walls of the current game design :(

Though DD2 kinda shows that people still love that shit. So it's more of a symptom of "muh fucking capitalism" than a true "games with that design will definitely fail". Which in turn gives me a slightly stronger hope that Ashes can be fairly successful, even if "majority' sees its design as "bad".
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    NiKr wrote: »
    Otr wrote: »
    Once again we're hit with the soft-padded walls of the current game design :(

Though DD2 kinda shows that people still love that shit. So it's more of a symptom of "muh fucking capitalism" than a true "games with that design will definitely fail". Which in turn gives me a slightly stronger hope that Ashes can be fairly successful, even if "majority' sees its design as "bad".

Yes, they have a dedicated place on discord where you can submit suggestions and some players ended up there acting as "gatekeepers", commenting on many suggestions and telling why some do not fit the vanilla game.
    While there are many suggestions trying to make the game more dangerous, it is obvious that the game ended up being played by builders and redstoners more than by survivalists. The game is not that hard and when you want a better survival experience you either switch to modpacks or you play better survival dedicated games.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    LMAO
    Yes. I am currently playing Nightingale as if it's a casual-challenge RPG.
    It's among my Top 5 favorite games.
    (And I typically don't enjoy Survival Games much.)