Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What's everyone Race of choice and why?

124»

Comments

• Options
    I'm just a normal human from head to toe. But I'll be a beautiful one. Apart from that, maybe an elf.
  • Options
    Still going here with a Kae'lar Human at first. Maybe an Dunir Dwarf next.

But first Choice, is a Kae'lar. I want to try and create a very nordish, viking-like looking Character. ;)
    You know ?
    Someone with goldblonde Hair but stylish, snake-like Dreadlocks. Like Vikings did it, long in the past.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Definitely Empyrean Tank
  • Options
    I think I want to play a Vek, at least during the Alpha. I'll probably mess around with every race before official launch but for some reason looking like a decrepit hunchback seems appealing to me.
  • Options
    ErahhErahh Member
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    I chose what race my wife likes best for looks. This keeps her playing when she can role play that she likes us as a couple. As in she would not find my char attractive if I was a Orc with tusks. I stick with that. What ever keeps her playing I do. Thats my story.

I shall be playing with my Lady too, I'll put her to work in the farms though ;-)
    dirnvhxxle1r.png
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Stoic. Tradition. Forge. Most of the peoples from the old world would see a mountain and think nothing of it. The Dünir saw a defensible home where riches abound.
    My main will be Dünir. Will try other races to see how they synergize with the different classes and augments.
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    ErahhErahh Member
    The Ren'Kai are looking good!
    dirnvhxxle1r.png
  • Options
    Ventharien wrote: »
    Definitely Empyrean Tank

Dir Sir Eredin' (lol) UUMMM i mean "Ventharien",
    i was a naughty, cocky little Human and i need a strong Elf Master to show me the Ropes and punish me for it. :D

If you don't force me into Alliance with your Empire, i will raid and sack your Villages, steal 'yo Wifes and turn your Nodes into our Nodes.

Peace is a Lie, there is only Obsession. :tongue:
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    If we get some more Ren'kai looking like their concept art with the asian aesthetic I will go Ren'kai but so far they just seem typical zug zug. Otherwise I am between Py'rai and Dunir.
  • Options
    Tahiti02Tahiti02 Member
    I've mostly always played "beastly" races in MMORPG's. My main MMORPG was WoW up until The Burning Crusade and I played a Tauren Shaman. For AOC I will be going Tulnar, specifically the lizard looking variant in the concept art. If they can give us a badass 3D version of that race variant, I'm sold. I always like the "wise and alien" type races in MMORPG's.
  • Options
    ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ren’Kai because they’re green, huge and well just the best :)
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn/featured
  • Options
    ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I prefer the smallest character possible to take up less room on the screen
  • Options
    I will need to play around with the character creator before fully committing to a decision though I always play either elves or humans in fantasy settings. I like how they look in armour and I enjoy playing conventionally attractive men.
  • Options
    DripyulaDripyula Member
    EMPYREAN - it is just time.
    It is time that I for once go all in on the noble, high elven fantasy that has nothing to do with treehugging, antlers and wannabe edgy Forestelves.
    We live in vast citys in an even bigger EMPIRE, we reign supreme and out in the open.
    And we do not hide in filthy forests full of moscitos and stinky swamps.

It is time to be superior and show all those savage races why! (LoL)
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    I've def been waiting to finalize my choice when i get my hands on the character creator but I think I'm gonna go with Vaelune or an Orc, both seem really cool
  • Options
    Caucasian Human.

I had no choice. Both parents were the same.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    spawn33spawn33 Member
    I would love to be a vampire assassin(rogue) if its available after launch.
    👀 Fellow AoC waiter who loves to play assassins in mmorpgs. 👀
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    AnimusRex wrote: »
    Caucasian Human.

So you will be playing a Kaelar ? ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    DripyulaDripyula Member
    AnimusRex wrote: »
    Caucasian Human.
    Write that on Twitter. Give certain circles of people the outrage they are so desperately addicted to.

I guess the "Azerothian Human" I made back in WoW was "Caucasian" too.
    Although I didn't do it as a selfinsert but because of Warcraft 3's lore and I made my Paladin older too to mirror the "wise old holy knight" estetic that Uther Lightbringer had.
    But unique enough so that my Paladin was his own thing.

Write on Twitter...
    " Is making a black Human in Ashes considered "blackface" when I am white? "
    The mental gymnastics will be glorious.
    evil-smile-evil-grin.gif
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg