Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dev Discussion #55 - Dream Nodes

12346»

Comments

• Options
    NeatcheNeatche Member
    edited October 2023
    As a norwegian mountain hiker and a paddling enthusiast, I hope we can get a tight fjord, trade harbour, with a green and yellow forest growing uphill where you can place freeholds on the mountain wall.

wbyp0bucvsux.jpg

m2a3ftuwuuo6.jpg

There should be roaming giant trolls, rampaging werewolf packs and a vampire castles.

Once there is a religious Metropolis, each religious mayor off lesser nodes, the arch-bishop from these nodes, should be summoned to the Metropolis to decide wether who should become the Pope, or if the catacombs should be opened [or closed for political reasons] or wage holy war.

Hellsing & Dracula. Castlevania & Transylvania. The Vatican & The Crusade.
  • Options
    Neatche wrote: »
    wbyp0bucvsux.jpg
    As a norwegian mountain hiker and a paddling enthusiast, I hope we can get a tight fjord, trade harbour, with a green and yellow forest growing uphill where you can place freeholds on the mountain wall.

[ ] There should be roaming giant trolls, a rampaging werewolf pack and a vampire castle.

DING DING DING DING !!! !!! !!!

What is this ringing Sound ? It is Music to my Ears. Ahh, someone with a stylish Idea appeared. :D

I think we may not have " Vampires and Werewolves " in the Game -> or right away, but this sounds nice.

Imagine having a Node that is like a Fortress on a Cliffside and smol' Villages on the Coasts of the Fjord, kinda like Skellige,

and You can have your nice Fortress-Freehold or Castle-Freehold nearby. Hell jeah. The Nordic Viking Dream.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    NeatcheNeatche Member
    edited October 2023
    fswzg2dg13wr.jpg

Aszkalon wrote: »

Imagine having a Node that is like a Fortress on a Cliffside and smol' Villages on the Coasts of the Fjord, kinda like Skellige,

and You can have your nice Fortress-Freehold or Castle-Freehold nearby. Hell jeah. The Nordic Viking Dream.

Archers stand guard alongside the shore to guard caravan boats. To assault the castle, you would cast slow fall on the raid and jump off the cliff and down on the roof.
  • Options
    NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    Vaknar wrote: »

Edit: Follow up questions!
    • Do you care more about certain biomes or strategic locations?
    • Do you plan on changing the way you play, based on your node?
    • Do you want the node you choose to determine how you play the game, or based on the way you play the game will you choose whatever node is best for you at the moment?

1) If it is a question of "place I find pretty with no advantage" vs "place with advantages that's let's visually appealing" I want to say nothing should be ugly, so that's going to be a personal preference thing, I know the team isn't making the Fugly Mithril Valley that is intentionally drab and sparse but had a ton of good metal. That said, there are features that matter to me and I may select for, knowing that they may be in more chaotic regions with high turnover like a coastal node.

2) Yes, nodes will constantly drive players to change with the times, and that is important to the game. As events occur, as mayoral actions open new opportunities, as systems like land management call upon players to address them, the players must be ready to adapt and change to make the most of it. That said, my goal is taking corruption head on my making the best bows for the job, and I hope to do that wherever I land.

3) In terms of the best node for me, we're still in the dark about the gameplay opportunities each node can provide, and how our gameplay may drive us to certain nodes, that it is really tough to say one way or another. Hopefully it is a dialectical relationship where players will seek nodes that fulfill their gameplay goals while the emergent opportunities of nodes push players to take on different activities.
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »
    byhqo7t4tz6b.jpg

Glorious Ashes community - it's time for another Dev Discussion! Dev Discussion topics are kind of like a "reverse Q&A" - rather than you asking us questions about Ashes of Creation, we want to ask YOU what your thoughts are.

Our design team has compiled a list of burning questions we'd love to get your feedback on regarding gameplay, your past MMO experiences, and more. Join in on the Dev Discussion and share what makes gaming special to you!

Dev Discussion - Dream Nodes
    What type of environment would you like to spend most of your time in? Whether it is in a certain biome or a strategic location, what makes a node desirable to you?

Keep an eye out for our next Dev Discussion

---
    • Do you care more about certain biomes or strategic locations?
    • Do you plan on changing the way you play, based on your node?
    • Do you want the node you choose to determine how you play the game, or based on the way you play the game will you choose whatever node is best for you at the moment?

Do you care more about certain biomes or strategic locations?
    Not really, happy to see what yall create. Keep it up!

Do you plan on changing the way you play, based on your node?
    Do you want the node you choose to determine how you play the game, or based on the way you play the game will you choose whatever node is best for you at the moment?
    Im so excited for the start middle and long term 'end' game.
    Making my way to the first node destined to be a metopolis. Possibly trying for a static house destined to become a mansion, if not that maybe go for a freehold. Happen to find myself on a village vassal node. Call that my home and adventure around being a frontiers man. Who knows. Relocate to a scientific node, because fast travel. Go see the markets of a economic node after I earn a large amount of gold. Become affiliated with a diety in a divine node and talk about the best religion. go to a military node and try to be friends with an aspiring mayor and join in battle. Something like that
  • Options
    RainwolffieldRainwolffield Member
    edited November 2023
    STEAMPUNK.

I would love to see a node that is like a fully Steampunk design. It would probably be outside the realm of impossibility because of Ashes being a more high fantasy design. I don’t ever see us getting a steampunk style highly developed steampunk world with classes to match, but maybe ashes could have a scientific node that focuses towards a very early steampunk era and this might fit well with the Jigh fantasy genre. A place that’s taken a slightly different direction in shipping and travel. I realize it cannot be leagues ahead of mid evil shipping but magic ships it can compete with. As maybe ships summoning winds the steampunk can run on steam engines. Opening another profession. Maybe even a race
  • Options
    TycanTycan Member, Alpha One
    edited January 4
    What type of environment would you like to spend most of your time in? Whether it is in a certain biome or a strategic location, what makes a node desirable to you?

Honestly the Py'rai concept art pretty much hits the nail on the head for me in terms of preferred biome/environment, I really like the idea of spending time in a settlement that blends in with nature.

ss-2022-02-28-00_44_30-00007.png

1dmv1n1iw0hg.jpg

---
    Do you care more about certain biomes or strategic locations?
    Do you plan on changing the way you play, based on your node?
    Do you want the node you choose to determine how you play the game, or based on the way you play the game will you choose whatever node is best for you at the moment?

- If it came down to it, such as there was hard choices between my preferred biome vs playing with my guild I wouldn't be that bothered by not starting within my ideal biome.
    - I plan on basing the way I play according to my preferred biome, I enjoy weaving backstories to my characters and adding a light touch of RP behind them.
    - I will choose whatever node is best for me when the time comes.
    [URL="[/URL]
    [URL="Discord[/URL]
    [url=[img][/img]
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited January 4
    Hey Guys, 😁
    want to see and/or have a nice, EPIC Winter-Picture of Fantasy of Sorts as a Desktop ?? 😁👍
    it would fit with the time of the Year ... ...

( Open in a new Tab for bigger Size is recommended )

j07cbnthjnqb.jpg

What do You think ?
    Could we get such a thing done ? COULD we get such a thing done ??? >;-)

From the amazing Winter/Ranger-Presentation we saw from dear Intrepid and Sir Steven and his Crew, i am aware the Game can look indeed about like this.

And there seem to be several Places where a Node could look like this at least in the Ingame-Winter Season, or even all time around in one or a few Places. 😎
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    whatever is the most Asian looking biome (presumably the renkai one) with fields of pink cherry trees and other colorful ones , bamboos , open grass and rice fields ..you know
    ykwk7qwgw5os.jpg
  • Options
    I get kinda hype thinking about a location like Menzoberranzan in the underground

3f00ld43v3ls.png

or the Eyrie from Game of Thrones, for a possible Castle location

2udqapydfwjh.png

I love the idea of having to plan for an adventure to a particular location or to make a journey, so this inspires me to think of especially extreme conditions, such as lava lakes (which is a real geological term),

ztqt73xf4gf5.png

or spots where falling is certain to ruin your day, like this plank walk on Mt Huashan in China

w05pxpzx3bq6.png

Perhaps that lead to an area like the Western Air Temple in ATLA

yneknjli9v03.png

• Options
    consultantconsultant Member
    edited February 2
    The autumn forests in Ashes of Creation look really good to me favorite biome I have seen so far in game. Already in game so.. pretty cool would like to see more of that. Really like those red trees

As far as dreams modes would like to see Undead Node vs The Node of the Light.
    The Agents of Darkness vs Agents of the light. Basically 2 military Nodes that are constantly fighting each other. Obviously the Undead Node hase an abundance of lore. Death Knights, Dark Pallies, Necromancer, undead mounts, hellfire mounts.
    Of course there would also have to be the Node were all the Paladins live and celestial creatures and so on. Basically in game faction.

Think there should be cosmetic gear tied to this nodes but one really specific feature I would like to see implemented is rechargeable weapons that gets recharged by lets PvP kills on the opposing faction.

I am a ranger so let say I have a Death Bow (or any other class weapon) that head an undead ability like life steal or fear or curse, entropy that used charges acquired from pally kills. :):) So you kill let say a Pally and after that the bow syphons the life essence from pally (2 second cast) rigth into the bow and like wise. The weapons the Agents of the light use instead of syphoning they channel light on their kills purging them in a way and getting charges for whatever abilities the light weapons have.

Another minor feature is that by clicking the bow or some button that becomes available when you join the Faction; you can see how many opposing faction kills you have had total and weekly number.

Plus should get Faction currency to uprade weapon cosmetically. So lets say you start off with baby non impressive death bow just simple skull, but as you accumulate more kills over time then bow becomes more cosmetically prominent. Actually make some names for the weapons of opposing factions but will have to post on that later.

Then there would be the Mission statement of the Factions. Like for the undead there should be something like : Abtaining world peace by making every one undead Causing the Apocalypse or something like that. And the Agents of the Light well they have the same goal through law and order but they have to Purge the land of all undead creatures first.

I know I have been long winded but, do not want : Well here is you Undead Dead and here is you Node of the Light have fun type of thing they should come with a supported game mode.
  • Options
    As the eternal Winter-City Fan that i am,

I wonder if we could get to see an Empyrean, or Py'rai City, in one of the two coldest Biomes.

y6fph5ukits7.jpg

Or how do People imagine an Underdar- UHUMM "Underground"-City of the Tulnar, to look like ?
    That one Screenshot is beautiful, but also kinda bit flat ... ...

... ... we need more inspirational Pictures. >:) . :smile:

qy6ecnnexd9n.jpg
    a50whcz343yn.png