Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Not around the corner but not years away = Soon(™️)

The final Pre-Order Packs including The Unseen Order cosmetic items will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from September 13, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until January 17, 2024 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific.

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2023-09-12-the-unseen-order

1920_-_Building.png

Comments

• Options
    I hope for a summer 24, but fear it might be holiday 24 or even start of 25.
  • Options
    2025 would be a bit far.
    They would not interrupt the sale of monthly keys but at the same time let it be until January.
    And then to let people wait until 2025.
    It must be early 2024.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    I hope for a summer 24, but fear it might be holiday 24 or even start of 25.

That would be years, which they said it wasn't years. So why do you think that?
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Summer 2024 wouldn't be years
  • Options
    Fantmx wrote: »

2025 isnt years, from 2023?
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »

It would. I said summer 2024 wouldn't be years.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited September 2023

but you are replying to my quote and question to another person and the context within that message?
  • Options
    ELRYNOELRYNO Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think it's going to be Summer 24 for Alpha 2 but I think it will need another year of feature implementation, potentially even 2 before Beta. Late 2025 / early 2026 full release?
  • Options

but you are replying to my quote and question to another person and the context within that message?

Sure we can continue down this path.

Your quote cited three dates, summer 24, holiday 24 and start of 25. You said that would be years away. I was commenting that summer 24 wouldn't. And here we are.
  • Options

Sure we can continue down this path.

Your quote cited three dates, summer 24, holiday 24 and start of 25. You said that would be years away. I was commenting that summer 24 wouldn't. And here we are.

I dont know why you picked me out of the people to try to argue this as this si not your qoute.

You can tell if you read my comment I'm clearly asking why he thinks it be 25 with the devs saying it is not years away. For it to be years away it have to be 2025+ clearly what my comment is about.

You are honestly wasting both our time right now and filling this forum post with unnecessary comments. Lets try to reduce the forum post and avoid pointless post thank you.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Raven016 wrote: »
    2025 would be a bit far.
    They would not interrupt the sale of monthly keys but at the same time let it be until January.
    It must be early 2024.

I agree. We'll have A2 first quarter of 2024 if not beginning of Q2. With announcement on date before end of year.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    I think someone said that the first time Steven said "months not years" was 4 months ago. Beginning of 25 would be just under the "years" limit, because at that point it would not have been 2 full years since the statement.

Also, EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :) literally at any time and/or every his whim Steven could just say "we sorry, but we won't make it in the time I promised". Not like this would be the first time they couldn't make it in time. Hell, I don't think it would even be in the first 10 delays of the entire project.
  • Options
    I say
    2025 would be a bit far.
    It must be early 2024.

I agree. We'll have A2 first quarter of 2024 if not beginning of Q2. With announcement on date before end of year.

Good point. I was thinking the announcement will be on Jan 17 but is more appropriate to happen on end of December stream.
    Maybe the next 3 streams will even be remarkable.
  • Options
    Is anyone distributing copium in this thread or smth? Yall are waaay too positive with your assumptions :D
  • Options
    "Arround the corner" for me is 3 months.
    Soon means up to 6 months.
    I think they aim for April - May.
    Steven said the core game is ready.
    They can start hosting a biome, then one more, adding one more class...
    When they stream, instead Steven playing with other devs, will show us running around and testing the features.
    It would be a much better advertising.
    Our feedback would also be better.
    That's what testing and balancing is.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited September 2023
    I think someone said that the first time Steven said "months not years" was 4 months ago. Beginning of 25 would be just under the "years" limit, because at that point it would not have been 2 full years since the statement.

Also, EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :) literally at any time and/or every his whim Steven could just say "we sorry, but we won't make it in the time I promised". Not like this would be the first time they couldn't make it in time. Hell, I don't think it would even be in the first 10 delays of the entire project.

2025 is still over a year and a half based on when all this was said and start of 2025 can mean a lot of things as far as the point where it would be during that year. Easy pushing towards years again.

No one is on copoium I'm just going based off what was said. Assuming the worst of everything doesn't really have much of a point than just being general negative. It is development anything can change between it being later but also earlier. Again I just stick with what i hear and don't assume worse or better.

I understand tempering hype by assuming the worse and using reserve psychology on ones self but I just ignore that and look at the facts. And if they change than they change it doesn't really effect me either way strongly.
  • Options

2025 is still over a year and a half based on when all this was said and start of 2025 can mean a lot of things as far as the point where it would be during that year. Easy pushing towards years again.

No one is on copoium I'm just going based off what was said. Assuming the worst of everything doesn't really have much of a point than just being general negative. It is development anything can change between it being later but also earlier. Again I just stick with what i hear and don't assume worse or better.

I understand tempting hype by assuming the worse and using reserve psychology on ones self but I just ignore that and look at the facts. And if they change than they change it doesn't really effect me either way strongly.

im on copium and hopium @_@
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

I understand tempting hype by assuming the worse and using reserve psychology on ones self but I just ignore that and look at the facts. And if they change than they change it doesn't really effect me either way strongly.

ok Narc lmao
  • Options

Are you ready for crashes and server wipes every week? :smile:
  • Options
    Yes, and the fact is that Intrepid could release A2 in april 25 and still be within the "not years" limit (if I remember correctly that it was said 4 months ago).

I'm also being realistic. And the reality is that we've seen several delays on several things already, ranging from the tiniest of "this stream will be pushed an hour' to "we promised the game before 2020, but oops". I can hope as much as I want that they will somehow completely overdeliver, but I'd rather just think that the worst happens and then be happy when I'm wrong.
  • Options

Are you ready for crashes and server wipes every week? :smile:

i dont really mind. im super excited about trying out different archetypes and sub archetypes, even though im 100% sure ill play cleric for release. im excited about building my character. wipes just allow me the opportunity to level up again and get better and faster at it ;3
  • Options
    Yes, and the fact is that Intrepid could release A2 in april 25 and still be within the "not years" limit (if I remember correctly that it was said 4 months ago).

I'm also being realistic. And the reality is that we've seen several delays on several things already, ranging from the tiniest of "this stream will be pushed an hour' to "we promised the game before 2020, but oops". I can hope as much as I want that they will somehow completely overdeliver, but I'd rather just think that the worst happens and then be happy when I'm wrong.

2025 is a broad year, if there is a reason for it to be pushed back into that year you can take it as a larger issue and can't just assume January 2nd it is out. The longer the delay the larger issues to fix and longer guess of development time.

That effectively lines up to years since again we are talking about this being said in 2023, regardless on how you try to slice the fruit.

I don't take early development 2020 from a new studio as they missed that date so they will miss other dates as well and it will be a repeat. I go based on the progress they are showing, the hires they are doing, more main parts of the game working, and their very rough ideas on their plans (ie saying it is not years away). They have plans schedules and such, that would be much more put together now with all the hires and progress than it was in 2020. Plus their gain of experience. There is much more impact now if things are not working as indeed with so many people working on the project, and again a 2020 issues i don't' feel is apparent or a good sign based on them being in full production now.

Stream delays don't mean anything to me, that delay could really have nothing to do with what they are showing but other background stuff they want to touch up and improve to make the show case stronger and more acceptable for consumers. I could go more detail in this but there is a a lot of department things need to go through and those departments are working on other things as well. Just because it isn't shown on stream doesn't mean it could not be just in a rough development state.
  • Options
    Stream delays don't mean anything to me, that delay could really have nothing to do with what they are showing but other background stuff they want to touch up and improve to make the show case stronger and more acceptable for consumers. I could go more detail in this but there is a a lot of department things need to go through and those departments are working on other things as well. Just because it isn't shown on stream doesn't mean it could not be just in a rough development state.
    And I decide to see stream delays as a small representor of what could be potentially going on in the company. Right now those streams are the only way to see into how the game is doing, and when these streams get delayed (especially when it's days and not hours) it implies that smth somewhere is wrong.

Devil's in the details and when those details fall apart a bit too often you get to see more of the devil. Of course it could all be just a problem with Steven's overeagerness to tease stuff that is simply not ready. But imo that would be an even bigger problem, because those teases put strain on developers, which usually leads to a worse overall product.

Being Steven is a double-edged sword. On one hand he's a fun dude who just so happened to have enough money to make his own game, but on the other hand he's now a boss to over a hundred people and can't always pull "the fun" stunts that either undermine devs' work or spring some unexpected "I guess we gotta do this now" surprise onto them.

I dearly hope that all the presentations are planned waaay ahead of any Steven teases, but, once again, the delays in streams hint otherwise to me. If I'm proven wrong in the documentary that they're shooting - all the better.
  • Options
    And I decide to see stream delays as a small representor of what could be potentially going on in the company. Right now those streams are the only way to see into how the game is doing, and when these streams get delayed (especially when it's days and not hours) it implies that smth somewhere is wrong.

Devil's in the details and when those details fall apart a bit too often you get to see more of the devil. Of course it could all be just a problem with Steven's overeagerness to tease stuff that is simply not ready. But imo that would be an even bigger problem, because those teases put strain on developers, which usually leads to a worse overall product.

Being Steven is a double-edged sword. On one hand he's a fun dude who just so happened to have enough money to make his own game, but on the other hand he's now a boss to over a hundred people and can't always pull "the fun" stunts that either undermine devs' work or spring some unexpected "I guess we gotta do this now" surprise onto them.

I dearly hope that all the presentations are planned waaay ahead of any Steven teases, but, once again, the delays in streams hint otherwise to me. If I'm proven wrong in the documentary that they're shooting - all the better.

I feel you are over reading into thing, maybe as a reason to not buy in because you want to be in the alpha 2. This is development and nothing new. I have had issues with delays working with clients on movies and such that go past time line because of multiple reasons or new things wanted.

The small delays you are talking about when it comes to development is normal. But As I've said before consumers can't handle most issues, your view point on these little issues and saying it is the devil int he details like some overall bad sign shows. It is like suddenly trying to hold everyone accountable everywhere for every job because things take longer than expected as they multitask multiple things they need to do and corrections.

You need to remember they are going through a whole pipeline. I also don't feel they need to grand months ahead preparing of some presentation and wasting development time on that. They work on multiple things, have their own plans and guidelines and share a bit with the community every month. It is as simple as that.

I see 0 issue something being teased early getting pushed back be it a week or a month. There is no obligation they need to have things done exactly being development, if issues come up or they decide to change things a bit that is development. This isn't a release date of a game.
  • Options
    Also surprises can always happen, you have everyone working in their own departments, people aren't going to know everything that is going on everywhere. Their leadership and coordinators are there to guide them and let them know what they need to know. As well as make plans when dates are coming up or suddenly come up lol.
  • Options
    I feel you are over reading into thing, maybe as a reason to not buy in because you want to be in the alpha 2.
    Oh, I'm definitely getting A2, simply because I'm stupid with my money like that :D
    You need to remember they are going through a whole pipeline. I also don't feel they need to grand months ahead preparing of some presentation and wasting development time on that. They work on multiple things, have their own plans and guidelines and share a bit with the community every month. It is as simple as that.

I see 0 issue something being teased early getting pushed back be it a week or a month. There is no obligation they need to have things done exactly being development, if issues come up or they decide to change things a bit that is development. This isn't a release date of a game.
    And this is why I said I hope I'm wrong. If that pipeline is working just fine and it just comes off as if there's constant delays (either due to Steven's too early teases or whatever other reason) - that's great.

I'm just saying how it looks to me and why I'm a bit more skeptical about any given dates or promises. 23 months is not 2 years, which is why even if we don't see A2 before april 25 I'd still feel fine about it, cause I'm expecting them to delay it even before that point in time.
  • Options
    I feel you are over reading into thing, maybe as a reason to not buy in because you want to be in the alpha 2.
    Oh, I'm definitely getting A2, simply because I'm stupid with my money like that :D

And this is why I said I hope I'm wrong. If that pipeline is working just fine and it just comes off as if there's constant delays (either due to Steven's too early teases or whatever other reason) - that's great.

I'm just saying how it looks to me and why I'm a bit more skeptical about any given dates or promises. 23 months is not 2 years, which is why even if we don't see A2 before april 25 I'd still feel fine about it, cause I'm expecting them to delay it even before that point in time.

I see your reasoning, but 23 months may as well be 2 years, the vibe i got was it was not touching the unknown line so close to that. As being that far off it becomes harder to predict, and may as well say it could be a year or 2 away.

But either way like i said I see your view point regardless how i feel about it if it potentially moved into 2025.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    April 1, 2024
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When they announced that they had enough testers for A2 and that the September pack would the be last pack I thought it'd go for the normal one month span.

So seeing it end on January 17 (which if it's the cutoff they could've done January 1 or December 31 since the carryover for the usual cosmetic swap wouldn't need to be applied).

So I can see A2 coming early 2024 or close to summer (which i hope it comes sooner than summer cause I'm excited for FFXIV Dawntrail).

Either way I hope to see you all in game <3
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd also assume that Steven will try to time the start of Alpha-2 relative to releases of other MMOs.

Either 'same time or just before', with a goal of manipulating server loads somewhat, or 'explicitly not near those', because they already have exactly the amount they need for server tests and wouldn't want to hit a lower number due to something like Pax Dei Early Access or Throne and Liberty release.

Also, I think they planned to do spot tests before that, and there's no point in trying to keep 'the existence of spot tests' hidden, because unlike leaks of the content itself, that information could theoretically travel much faster without being 'traced'.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.