Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan packs must be crafted from found materials and sold to players, not NPC

2»

Comments

• Options
    Only petty people try to lower others. It helps them think high of themselves.
    xwbloh5gb4gt.gif
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2023
    Ah, here is the other guy. "You wanna get carried by gear, that's why you push for an increase from 50%".

2/2
  • Options
    Lineager wrote: »

You might want to watch this, if you haven't already. ;) . B)

https://youtu.be/ajKMJW-pORI"
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Lineager wrote: »
    Caravans must carry packs crafted by players from materials found in the Verra, and not purchased from the NPC and sold to NPC. You find leather, fur, ore and then you craft into a pack, deliver and sell at auction-house, in your personal store, and do not sell them to NPCs.
    This will create a shortage of materials and further increase the value of the cargo and gives out more gameplay tied to it.

and what is the motivation for players to buy such packs at increased cost per material when they could buy them at a normal price for someone selling locally, who didnt use the caravan system to transport them?
  • Options
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    I didnt want to start a whole new thread for my Caravan question. I just finished the video and I did not see anything about the rewards players get for supporting or attacking the caravan. In this case it was just a gold sink run, what do the people who supported that run get? A cut of the gold or something else? Do we have any other details about this?

there is attacker and defender progression, also failing has consequences. so maybe quests that will give you something? its not just RP.

defenders will also get more money for selling their stuff at the destination node if they succeed. attackers will get the defenders stuff if they succeed, so they basically save time? instead of farming for 3 hours i can just take your stuff and it only takes me 10 minutes. of course, the attackers still have to do their own caravan run after that.
  • Options
    You keep repeating this as if I didnt say that cargo is PART of the goods transport.
    I know that mats CAN be transported in caravans, but WILL PLAYERS DO THAT instead of just walking safely the distance without risking being raided....?

Commodities in an ADDITION, but WHY?
    Why do the Devs need to add NPC gameplay to the caravans? They were perfect without any fancy additions.

Perhaps players can still just pack up goods on their backpacks and walk to another node and sell them.
    Peehaps nobody except for RP will be using the caravans and risk their mats.

These are the questions. Not the change of the name from certs to glint, not RMT, none of that.

Why do we need the commodities since caravan transport of mats was the perfect open world pvp/economy/gathering/processing combination system. Why add commodities?

1- easy. people who dont wanna craft, gather, etc can just farm mobs and make money selling the loot (glint) or can risk it (pvp) and transport cargo for a bigger profit. so one hour of farm becomes 3-4 hours of profit. crafting would be a more secure way to make money but probably less than caravan runs. less reward with less risk. also, people will craft anyways because thats the only way to get the best gear.

2- its not clear yet why would you need to transport mats that you gathered using the caravan system, unless you want to transport in big quantities, you could just with the stuff in your bag on mule to another node and it only takes a few mins. cargo to sell to npc makes perfect sense for the reasons mentioned above. its also a way to get gold. how can you sell if no one has any gold to buy?