Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan packs must be crafted from found materials and sold to players, not NPC

LineagerLineager Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Caravans must carry packs crafted by players from materials found in the Verra, and not purchased from the NPC and sold to NPC. You find leather, fur, ore and then you craft into a pack, deliver and sell at auction-house, in your personal store, and do not sell them to NPCs.
This will create a shortage of materials and further increase the value of the cargo and gives out more gameplay tied to it.

Comments

• Options
    GrappLrGrappLr Member, Alpha One
    This is what I expected to see as well. I'm currently assuming that this will be something you can do, in addition to NPC mats as well. Where player packs will bring more profit, if you can find the right mats with the right demand, BUT, in times of shortage, or if you're lazy to investigate the current markets, you can do NPC ones with lower effort on your end.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It would be a glorified Imperial Pack from BDO either way...
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Neurath wrote: »

The title specifically includes 'sold to players' though, so not really. At least in terms of feedback.

@Lineager make sure to put your feedback in the main Feedback thread if you haven't already, even if it's just 'literally the title of this post'.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Azherae wrote: »

The title specifically includes 'sold to players' though, so not really. At least in terms of feedback.

@Lineager make sure to put your feedback in the main Feedback thread if you haven't already, even if it's just 'literally the title of this post'.

You want a crafted pack given to players which is a glorified imperial pack. Useless. I'd rather have the resources sold directly to other players. It is in effect 'completed items' that are crafted and given to players, unless you can break down the crafted packs back into resource components which would be fair enough.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

You want a crafted pack given to players which is a glorified imperial pack. Useless. I'd rather have the resources sold directly to other players. It is in effect 'completed items' that are crafted and given to players, unless you can break down the crafted packs back into resource components which would be fair enough.

Oh, yeah, I see what happened here, this can be parsed the other way too...

Lineager, you should also make sure to clarify whether or not you want NPCs to be able to sell players a Crafted Pack of Items. The way English works, it's possible to interpret your post title either way.

• Options
    @Azherae No, I support selling resources, materials to players, not the packs themselves. Packs are just a "bag" where everything is placed to be transported to another Node. Then you take out the materials and sell them.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2023
    seems like a lot of people misunderstood the livestream context about what will caravans carry - it is not just NPC made packs (commodities) - Caravans will also be widely used to transport materials gathered/processed/bought to sell to other players across the world. Trading is still a thing, we just learned about something extra.

The livestream focused on commodities which are NPC packs acquired with glint but they did Not change the system you will still be able to transport all your metal or your food/potions/fish to a different node to sell using the different market/auction houses/shops available and make some gold.

The timestamp for this information is 01:06:45 on the livestream video:

https://youtu.be/sNfwQILIasQ?si=sDLDzuJb5Z6XOOgT&t=4005

also, keep in mind that this is a very solid way to introduce an extra reliable source of income with a gold sink, if we only had player-to-player trading gold would not be removed from the economy as efficiently as with selling packs to NPCs, gold you just go from one player to another - and having enough gold sinks is essential for a solid economy in an MMO, people don't take this into consideration for some reason
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    seems like a lot of people misunderstood the livestream context about what will caravans carry - it is not just NPC made packs (commodities) - Caravans will also be widely used to transport materials gathered/processed/bought to sell to other players across the world. Trading is still a thing, we just learned about something extra.

The livestream focused on commodities which are NPC packs acquired with glint but they did Not change the system you will still be able to transport all your metal or your food/potions/fish to a different node to sell using the different market/auction houses/shops available and make some gold.

The timestamp for this information is 01:06:45 on the livestream video:

https://youtu.be/sNfwQILIasQ?si=sDLDzuJb5Z6XOOgT&t=4005

also, keep in mind that this is a very solid way to introduce an extra reliable source of income with a gold sink, if we only had player-to-player trading gold would not be removed from the economy as efficiently as with selling packs to NPCs, gold you just go from one player to another - and having enough gold sinks is essential for a solid economy in an MMO, people don't take this into consideration for some reason

Here too huh.

Please tell me there is at least one economist in Nova Ordem that can clarify to you why the specific thing you are saying here isn't right? Don't they feel a duty to stop their leader from making himself look uninformed?

Obviously as always I'm posting so that a bunch of other people who normally can't stand to let your nonsense go unchallenged won't feel the need to do it, but I would really prefer if this was handled within your guild.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    @Liniker I saw this and I was even more surprised on the stream that they leave two options, for what it is not clear. Make a full-fledged economy with the sale of items between players. Eve Online, Albion is a good example of this - a player-driven economy.

I remember this happened in Silroad Online and where you also bought goods from NPCs and sold them to other NPCs, or in the case of a robbery, sold NPCs for thieves. But I prefer first option and it gives more impact to the economy, because it will keep economy between Nodes more active and flexible.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I didnt want to start a whole new thread for my Caravan question. I just finished the video and I did not see anything about the rewards players get for supporting or attacking the caravan. In this case it was just a gold sink run, what do the people who supported that run get? A cut of the gold or something else? Do we have any other details about this?
  • Options
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    I didnt want to start a whole new thread for my Caravan question. I just finished the video and I did not see anything about the rewards players get for supporting or attacking the caravan. In this case it was just a gold sink run, what do the people who supported that run get? A cut of the gold or something else? Do we have any other details about this?

This is already a mostly RP-side of the game.

Defenders: How the defenders will negotiate with the owner of the Caravan and what they get in the deal. He will pay them, kiss them and etc:)

The attackers: Will take the resources and sell them and etc.

• Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Lineager wrote: »
    nanfoodle wrote: »

This is already a mostly RP-side of the game.

Defenders: How the defenders will negotiate with the owner of the Caravan and what they get in the deal. He will pay them, kiss them and etc:)

The attackers: Will take the resources and sell them and etc.

The attacker side is cool but they are gonna need to do something for the supporters. Watching the run to the closest city was cool but still a time sink. At the minimum, supporters should get exp if they win and I dont mean from killing players and NPCs attacking, I talking about at the end a here is your prize.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    I like that it was an option. As SS mentions, you don't *have* to sell the goods, upon arrival; Things such as extinct goods from destroyed Nodes may become more-valuable, the longer they are around and the more/farther they've been moved.

• Options
    edited November 2023

Please tell me there is at least one economist in Nova Ordem that can clarify to you why the specific thing you are saying here isn't right? Don't they feel a duty to stop their leader from making himself look uninformed?

lol you really have a hate boner for me huh? third time you tag me without bringing anything constructive just to start drama, I was going to reply but at this point I know I'd be wasting my time with you, carry on 😉
    img]
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Liniker if you cant see the possibility that AoC is trying to juice up caravans with unnecessary filler content in the form of shiny cargo items (npc transactions because there might be an issue with the original goal of players having to transport mats from node to node in order to provide risk, reward and pvp as opposed to just using their backpacks and avoiding big risks then you need to stop talking.

The priority isnt to tackle RMT. The priority is for regional mats to need caravan transportation as opposed to backpacks.
    The cargo gameplay couple be a potential bypass to an unresolved issue and a red flag
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    The priority is for regional mats to need caravan transportation as opposed to backpacks.
    The cargo gameplay couple be a potential bypass to an unresolved issue and a red flag

what are you talking about? mats will still need caravan transportation across the world, I just sent the video in my comment above, that didn't change - commodities is a different thing, they are what was previously known as hunting certificates and those would also be NPC transactions, always has been, ever since they first talked about it in 2017 we knew there was going to be player-to-player trading using caravans AND making gold delivering certificates to NPCs as well,

now, as for for the drops themselves previously being regional-based and now being available across all regions, thats a different thing which I was not referencing, and with that I agree I prefer the old way
    img]
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    You keep repeating this as if I didnt say that cargo is PART of the goods transport.
    I know that mats CAN be transported in caravans, but WILL PLAYERS DO THAT instead of just walking safely the distance without risking being raided....?

Commodities in an ADDITION, but WHY?
    Why do the Devs need to add NPC gameplay to the caravans? They were perfect without any fancy additions.

Perhaps players can still just pack up goods on their backpacks and walk to another node and sell them.
    Peehaps nobody except for RP will be using the caravans and risk their mats.

These are the questions. Not the change of the name from certs to glint, not RMT, none of that.

Why do we need the commodities since caravan transport of mats was the perfect open world pvp/economy/gathering/processing combination system. Why add commodities?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I know that mats CAN be transported in caravans, but WILL PLAYERS DO THAT instead of just walking safely the distance without risking being raided....?

yea? well, with commodities you can't ahah you are forced to use caravans to transport cargo for more profit, and before people would have the opportunity to use mounts to transport certificates and sell.... so its literally better for open world content now....

Commodities in an ADDITION, but WHY?
    Why do the Devs need to add NPC gameplay to the caravans? They were perfect without any fancy additions.

Perhaps players can still just pack up goods on their backpacks and walk to another node and sell them.
    Peehaps nobody except for RP will be using the caravans and risk their mats.

These are the questions. Not the change of the name from certs to glint, not RMT, none of that.

Why do we need the commodities since caravan transport of mats was the perfect open world pvp/economy/gathering/processing combination system. Why add commodities?

I was never against the idea of NPC hunting certificates, this always sounded like a solid and reliable way of making gold with people knowing 100% how much they gonna make with their routes, it offers a good alternative for those that don't have professions that facilitate trading and get them out there on their caravans as well, idk why would you have a problem with that,

and I'm talking about the system that I knew from years ago, commodities didn't really change anything tbh
    img]
  • Options
    Oh so now you are ok with ruining the player driven economy by diluting the value of gold since you get get it from npcs for simply playing the game (killing mobs as you go).

We had this conversation a couple years ago. Npc gameplay and alt currencies are bad for the social aspect and economy of the game.

Anyway. I think we will have an announcement soon regarding the latest showcase.
  • Options
    Oh so now you are ok with ruining the player driven economy by diluting the value of gold since you get get it from npcs for simply playing the game (killing mobs as you go).

We had this conversation a couple years ago. Npc gameplay and alt currencies are bad for the social aspect and economy of the game.

Anyway. I think we will have an announcement soon regarding the latest showcase.

We got one. You're a prophet lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

like the one we had when people were losing their minds about freeholds/pvp and they doubled down and said the game is not for everyone? :D
    img]
  • Options
    Glint kept in inventory and must be transported in crates in large numbers
    More on loot tables than just glint.
    Glint taken from Caravan Cargo will be considered 'Stolen'.
    Rarity increases with level.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

We got one. You're a prophet lol.

Can you link a pic?
    I am losing braincells everytime I go to discord.
  • Options
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Glint

I'm actually in the wiki with my question on stolen Glint from caravans [HoU]Trojan lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    I'm actually in the wiki with my question on stolen Glint from caravans [HoU]Trojan lol.
    I'm there twice B) asking THE REAL questions
  • Options
    Lmao. We'll be famous :wink:
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    This link pretty much says bb to gold, hello character bound currency.
    Solo currency.
  • Options
    This link pretty much says bb to gold, hello character bound currency.
    Solo currency.

just say that you want it to be all based around gold so you can get carried by your mates or RMT your way to the top like it was in lineage 2 :D
    img]
  • Options
    Only petty people try to lower others. It helps them think high of themselves.