Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

CALENDAR IN-GAME (Any suggestions?)

SemperPeratusSemperPeratus Member
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
Would like to see a calendar In-Game just like World of Warcraft.

Any suggestions?

-Events.
-Summer, Winter, Fall , Spring.
-Three different calendars;
1. Public
2. Guild only
3. Selected friends only

πŸ€™πŸ½
Β«1

Comments

• Options
    I would like years to have different length: one shorter and one longer. The longer one with 5 seasons.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would like to see a better calendar than in WoW ingame :smile: We definitely need one IMO.
  • Options
    Raven016

Why not just realistic? 365 days in a year. Can you explain?

πŸ€™πŸ½
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: Β»
    I would like to see a better calendar than in WoW ingame :smile: We definitely need one IMO.

Yeah we sure do, and ofcourse its gotta be better. Any suggestions to make it better?

πŸ€™πŸ½
  • Options
    the real question is if it will be based on region.. Sunday is technically the start of the week and the week-end is technically Saturday :smile:

IE
    Sun to Sat
    vs
    Mon to Sun
  • Options
    Raven016

πŸ€™πŸ½

I tried hard to come up with an explanation but I failed :/
  • Options
    I imagine it will work just like any modern digital calendar in 2023..
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    the real question is if it will be based on region.. Sunday is technically the start of the week and the week-end is technically Saturday :smile:

IE
    Sun to Sat
    vs
    Mon to Sun

To make it easy i would do it just like WoW.

πŸ€™πŸ½
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    ydc5wy74xzrf.jpeg
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Even make one calendar for all people, and for your guild, and maybe for with selected friends only. To plan attacks, sieges and other events.

πŸ€™πŸ½
  • Options
    I imagine it will work just like any modern digital calendar in 2023..

We will see....

πŸ€™πŸ½
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: Β»
    Raven016

πŸ€™πŸ½

I tried hard to come up with an explanation but I failed :/

It happens sometimes😝

πŸ€™πŸ½
  • Options

IE
    Sun to Sat
    vs
    Mon to Sun

That is essentially how modern digital calendars work in 2023 :lol: You should see what windows calendar can do :smile:
  • Options

IE
    Sun to Sat
    vs
    Mon to Sun

That is essentially how modern digital calendars work in 2023 :lol: You should see what windows calendar can do :smile:

Good, then we are on the same page right?

πŸ€™πŸ½
  • Options

IE
    Sun to Sat
    vs
    Mon to Sun

πŸ€™πŸ½

I guess so, assuming one knows what a calendar is used for and how it can be tied to systems.
  • Options

IE
    Sun to Sat
    vs
    Mon to Sun

πŸ€™πŸ½

I guess so, assuming one knows what a calendar is used for and how it can be tied to systems.

Ofcourse i do, thanks for thinking with us. If you have anymore suggestions, just drop them here.

πŸ€™πŸ½
  • Options
    1. Public
    2. Guild only
    3. Selected friends only

πŸ€™πŸ½

Also for alliances and for nodes / citizens of the node.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    1. Public
    2. Guild only
    3. Selected friends only

πŸ€™πŸ½

Thats actually a good contribution!

It's very important! I can imagine that being great for things like farming crops so other players cant take it for example. But then you need a calendar were you can put your own events and stuff.

πŸ€™πŸ½
  • Options
    Raven016

πŸ€™πŸ½

365 days would be completely UNrealistic. That's Terra not Verra.

Would be remarkable if the rotation around Verra's sun was exactly the same as Earth's. Or if they even had the same divisions of time. Yet I've seen people calling for Verran names for a calendar just like Earth's. Bizarre.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    Raven016

πŸ€™πŸ½

Would be remarkable if the rotation around Verra's sun was exactly the same as Earth's. Or if they even had the same divisions of time. Yet I've seen people calling for Verran names for a calendar just like Earth's. Bizarre.

They should make it to be able swap between Vera and Earth time.
  • Options
    1. Public
    2. Guild only
    3. Selected friends only

πŸ€™πŸ½

It's very important! I can imagine that being great for things like farming crops so other players cant take it for example. But then you need a calendar were you can put your own events and stuff.

πŸ€™πŸ½

Only after seeing screenshot I understood what you actually want.
    Initially I thought you want names for the ingame months. When you mentioned 365 days, I thought you want ingame time to be the same with real time.

Normally events are planned in discord where you can track who is behind the ingame characters and have different layers of security.
    That also allows players to know about them while offline, through smartphone discord app.

IS plans to create an app too. Maybe such calendars will be integrated into the app too.
  • Options
    1. Public
    2. Guild only
    3. Selected friends only

πŸ€™πŸ½

πŸ€™πŸ½

Only after seeing screenshot I understood what you actually want.
    Initially I thought you want names for the ingame months. When you mentioned 365 days, I thought you want ingame time to be the same with real time.

Normally events are planned in discord where you can track who is behind the ingame characters and have different layers of security.
    That also allows players to know about them while offline, through smartphone discord app.

IS plans to create an app too. Maybe such calendars will be integrated into the app too.

Yeah, it has nothing to do woth rotations or stuff.

I heard about the app too, i want to make a different topic about that aswell.

πŸ€™πŸ½
  • Options
    Raven016

πŸ€™πŸ½

Im thinking that you dont understand this topic, this topic has nothing to do about rotations and stuff. Its just an in-game calendar just like in WoW. But then better ofcourse!πŸ˜…

πŸ€™πŸ½

• Options
    AnimusRexAnimusRex Member
    edited November 2023
    Raven016

πŸ€™πŸ½

Im thinking that you dont understand this topic, this topic has nothing to do about rotations and stuff. Its just an in-game calendar just like in WoW. But then better ofcourse!πŸ˜…

πŸ€™πŸ½

I understand science.

I think what you want is an event planner based on whatever Verra's time divisions are (determined by 'rotations and stuff'). IF they replicate Earth's, then that will be some convenient game design.

The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I made a similar thread around 3 years ago btw: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/46964/ingame-and-companion-app-calendar

These were my suggestions back then.
    I hope we'll get an ingame personal account-based calendar with the following general features. Doesn't have to be at release if it causes a delay obviously, but down the line at least.

Guild events date, time, type
    Family events date, time, type
    Alliance events date, time, type
    Node events date, time, type
    World events date, time, type
    Show events for all, some, or only logged in character on the account
    Filters to choose which character(s), type of event, guild only, etc.
    If we get a mobile companion app, obviously synchronize with that.

As a luxury-type wish, the option to integrate the calendar into my RL calendar on the phone or whereever. "Sorry mom, I can't make it to your birthday on the 14th. As you can see in my calendar I have a node siege I need to be at".
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Seasons in game are tentatively set for one week (winter, spring, summer fall) though that is subject to testing and change in Alpha 2. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Seasons

This would imply that a Verran year (rotation around the sun) would be equivalent to an Earth month.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    The Verran calendar could literally just be an overlay on top of our calendar. The day/night with season frequency would be going so fast it would quite stupid to have it as the sole calendar in the game.

@tautau I still think weekly seasons is a bad frequency considering the basic math and lining up real world "holidays" for in-game events.
  • Options
    The Verran calendar could literally just be an overlay on top of our calendar. The day/night with season frequency would be going so fast it would quite stupid to have it as the sole calendar in the game.

@tautau I still think weekly seasons is a bad frequency considering the basic math and lining up real world "holidays" for in-game events.

Good idea!

I think so too, every 2 weeks would already be better right?

πŸ€™πŸ½
  • Options

Good idea!

I think so too, every 2 weeks would already be better right?

πŸ€™πŸ½

honestly, could even do monthly in my opinion, the math still adds up for most holidays. We've had quite a few discussions about them in the past.