Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If you really want to make money, you need to implement GIFTING others! :)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Depraved wrote: »
    what i mean is, someone can give you something irl that isnt money and in exchange, you would give that person an in game item. like a rare sword or whatever. isnt it the same? so the only problem is when that something you are receiving is money?

If people want to arrange it on their own, then they will - but it's important in-terms of the promise made that the game itself will not support it.

Justify it to yourself however you like. I'm just glad that it won't be in-game.
    What if guilds want to reward their members with cosmetics based on their efforts, contribution, inner guild competitions?

Guess we'll just have to use pay pal for that...

Can't you just craft guild-outfits? Seems far-more economical for a guild, rather than spending $$$ on every member whom checks off a list of accomplishments.

i see what you mean. you have a good point when you say its important that the game doesnt support it. however, we still have player trading which can be used for the same things im talking about. but i dont want player trading to be gone just because few people will trade items for irl stuff.

so if people dont want gifting in the game because few players will p2w or rmt, then they should be against regular trading between players as well, because that will be abused by a few with p2w or rmt. the auction house can probably be abused as well.

i feel bad for the people who will get catfished tho xD
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    what i mean is, someone can give you something irl that isnt money and in exchange, you would give that person an in game item. like a rare sword or whatever. isnt it the same? so the only problem is when that something you are receiving is money?

If people want to arrange it on their own, then they will - but it's important in-terms of the promise made that the game itself will not support it.

Justify it to yourself however you like. I'm just glad that it won't be in-game.
    What if guilds want to reward their members with cosmetics based on their efforts, contribution, inner guild competitions?

Can't you just craft guild-outfits? Seems far-more economical for a guild, rather than spending $$$ on every member whom checks off a list of accomplishments.

i see what you mean. you have a good point when you say its important that the game doesnt support it. however, we still have player trading which can be used for the same things im talking about. but i dont want player trading to be gone just because few people will trade items for irl stuff.

so if people dont want gifting in the game because few players will p2w or rmt, then they should be against regular trading between players as well, because that will be abused by a few with p2w or rmt. the auction house can probably be abused as well.

The big difference is - if the game has player trading, one sided trades can be flagged and investigated for suspected RMT.

You cant really do this if the money portion of the transaction went to Intrepid - which is what the case would be if gifting were an option on the cash shop.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

The big difference is - if the game has player trading, one sided trades can be flagged and investigated for suspected RMT.

You cant really do this if the money portion of the transaction went to Intrepid - which is what the case would be if gifting were an option on the cash shop.

ok lets say we are in the same guild. you craft the best sword in the game and you tell me on discord by voice that you are selling it. how can intrepid know if you gave me the sword for free, simply because we are in the same guild and are trying to get stronger to compete, or if i sent u money on paypal, or if i sent you nudes, o rmaybe i sent you items on a different game that we both play, etc.

all they would see is the trade, and you can just say "well i play 10 hours a day and he plays 3 so im trying to help my guild become stronger, he needed the sword and gave it to him". if gifting is enabled, you can say the same thing and then add "and he sent me a skin as a thanks. i didnt ask for it, he just did it" or something like that. and that wouldnt be against the rules.

i can understand how someone who farms and sells to anyone can get caught, like a level 10 character suddenly giving 3 copies of the best sword to level 50 characters who are in no way connected to each other, and not receiving any gold in return, for example. but you wouldnt be able to detect in house rmt. or for example, you mentioned that you have 2 isp and 2 computers. intrepid doesnt know you are the same person playing 2 accounts. if you traded items between those accounts, are you 2 players rmting or the same person transferring items?

also, id say that it would be easier to catch rmters with a gifting option. give someone gold in exchange for a gift, sell the gift, then sell the gold for another gift, sell the gift, then sell the gold, etc, etc and this can be easily tracked, far easier than if the transaction occurred by paypal for example. the question is if intrepid would be ok with this or not.
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    you could also hire mercenaries in exchange for cosmetics instead of paying with in game items.

And there is the p2w.
  • Options
    pyreal wrote: »
    you could also hire mercenaries in exchange for cosmetics instead of paying with in game items.

And there is the p2w.

you didnt get the point. you could trade anything irl for the same mercenaries as well...the cosmetics is something in game. you are trading in game items for ingame items., and gifting cosmetics allow f2p players (other than the sub) to get stuff from the cash shop
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    ok lets say we are in the same guild. you craft the best sword in the game and you tell me on discord by voice that you are selling it. how can intrepid know if you gave me the sword for free, simply because we are in the same guild and are trying to get stronger to compete, or if i sent u money on paypal, or if i sent you nudes, o rmaybe i sent you items on a different game that we both play, etc.

No one said they will be 100% accurate.

That doesnt mean they shouldn't do what they can.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

No one said they will be 100% accurate.

That doesnt mean they shouldn't do what they can.

-_-
  • Options
    shellye15shellye15 Member
    edited March 5

Crafting guild outfits could indeed be a brilliant solution! It not only fosters a sense of unity among guild members but also proves to be a more cost-effective approach. Instead of splurging on individual accomplishments, investing in custom guild outfits not only establishes a visual identity but also promotes a sense of camaraderie within the community. Perhaps there could be special designs or insignias that reflect the collective achievements and milestones of the guild. This not only aligns with the practicality of managing expenses but also adds a unique touch to the guild's identity. It's an idea that not only saves money but also allows the guild to wear their accomplishments with pride.By the way, have you checked out ICOholder? It could be an interesting platform to explore potential opportunities for guild funding or collaboration.