Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Favorite and least favorite mechanics to face in PvP

13»

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    ESO is a 3 faction war. I have been pinned down as my faction and an opposing faction were trying to feel the ball group, and running away didn't work as the opposing faction that was fleeing as well, slowed you down with Collision and we did the same to them and dead. Or the ball group would pin you down in a confined area and the only option was to die.
    Both google and chatgpt tell me there's no body collision in ESO. And a 2 videos from a year ago show 2 players in the same place.
    5tbussvwpq9q.png
    ax3yebqrnxak.png

So, did something change in the last 8 months or do you mean smth else by "collision"?
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    NiKr wrote: »
    ESO is a 3 faction war. I have been pinned down as my faction and an opposing faction were trying to feel the ball group, and running away didn't work as the opposing faction that was fleeing as well, slowed you down with Collision and we did the same to them and dead. Or the ball group would pin you down in a confined area and the only option was to die.
    Both google and chatgpt tell me there's no body collision in ESO. And a 2 videos from a year ago show 2 players in the same place.
    5tbussvwpq9q.png
    ax3yebqrnxak.png

So, did something change in the last 8 months or do you mean smth else by "collision"?

Sorry looks like I was remembering wrong. I remember struggling many times trying to get away from ball groups when I was fleeing with opposing factions. Must have been debuffs or knock backs.

Still stand by my request. Tools to stop ball groups.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Still stand by my request. Tools to stop ball groups.
    And we have those exact tools :) Body collision makes it harder to have a big collection of people in one place. It'll make harder for them to move in perfect sync and, theoretically, green players will even be able to shove them out of their ball, w/o the ball group being able to do anything about it.

And the flagging system will make it harder for zergs to work together, unless said zerg decides to go for full guild slots rather than any guild passives (and does so for their other 3 guilds in the alliance).

Limiting healing aoe range/power would also prevent ball groups from being effective, so people should give that feedback during testing as well.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @nanfoodle i think every faction did the aoe tactics like that as it was meta. Especially on the doors with rams and near the boss rooms for the castles and relic keeps. There were lots of servers where Albion Realm outnumbered the Hibernians and Midguard haha. Such a great game (especially for its time), frontier RvR was great :smile:

Darkness falls got interesting past the cross roads with multiple raid groups from different realms colliding.

My point is more about PvP games have not given us tools to deal with ball groups since DAoC. ESO had a set that did but quickly got nerfed into the ground. I hope Ashes gives us tools to do just that, small groups with skills and tactics, to take out ball groups.

We get to test diminishing returns in A2 and the class kits. That's what they're going with right now, from there testers will be able to give appropriate feedback necessary to see how to best handle ball zergs.
  • Options
    Things I like about pvp: Using environment weapons like cannons, balista, trebuchets to punish zerg players for grouping too close together and using bushes, boxes and barrels to hide when low on health or for sneak attacks.

Things I don't like: Abilities that remove player control from their character basically making me remove my hands from the keyboard because, "What's the point? I can't move or run so I'm just dead." I feel hard CC is better for PvE mobs while soft CC like slows or fire/poison AoE are better for pvp stuff.
  • Options
    damn this thread turned into the other thread talking about aoe scaling xD
  • Options
    Percimes wrote: »
    I don't like hard CC with no counter or diminishing return. AoE stuns and long AoE mez in DAoC turned frontier RvR into matches of which side would land the CC on the other first.

I like when there are options to give your class limited use of something that's not in its skill kit by default. Engineering in WoW had lots of those weird items that would do that. Mind control helmet, explosives, jump cables (could resurrect), etc.

Definitely agreed on the hard CC - nothing worse than being CC-locked to death with zero counterplay.

it seems like every class will get a CC break atleast so we have some counter play there atleast going off ranger showcase astleast
  • Options
    What i dislike: lack of anti zerg mechanics. Normally AoE spell are either too weak to be effective or they get a max target usualy it like 5 random targets in the circle which kinda defeats the purpose cause people end up clumping balls since u can out heal the AoE dmg easily and the aoe dmg never hit anyone low so they cant die :p Need punishing aoe skills to force people to spread out in the battle field and do more strats than stand ontop of eachother and use each other as shields :P
  • Options
    I dislike the need to adjust gama setting in dark places, in fps action combat.
    I like camouflage abilities. I hope we will be able to cast fog around the ship in the ocean.
  • Options
    CapuchinaaCapuchinaa Member
    edited January 8
    My favorite mechanics are stealth fights, but not as puzzles without suggestions; if you do them, provide tips to ease the game process for the player rather than making him despair and unhappy because he is locked in one location.
    I recently felt as like I was stuck on the same Call of Duty progression route, so I purchased modern warfare camo boosting in order to finally obtain the camouflages I desire.

• Options
    Favorite:
    * Well balanced disengage tools and gap closers so that both players have to use them carefully.
    * Breaking line of sight and hiding. One of the most amazing movements I've ever had was when I was ambushed in V Rising by two people that were higher level than I was. I had loads of materials on me that would drop for them if I died, so my only option was to run. I broke line of sight, transformed into a rat and hid in a bush. They ran all over looking for me for about two whole minutes before they gave up... I had adrenaline rushing through my systems for a good 20 minutes before I managed make it back to base.

Least favorite:
    * Long stunlocks that have you from full health to 0 without the possibility to react. Especially if paired with no DR.
    * Spawn camping. I hope one will be able to choose between more than one spawn point in order to prevent this.
    * Dismounting abilities. :#
    * Instant mounting. Instant mounting is extremely boring in PvP scenarios as it takes away from the mobility aspect for mobility classes.
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    GurzGurz Member
    Like pvp games where you can use not only your skills to play and outplay but also terrain and enviroments or mobs to sometimes help you in 1v1 or 1v2 or more also diversity in builds.

Dislike is unbalanced pvp games who do not offer such thing as stated above and meta.