Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• Options
    plz talk about more about bards!, we can play instruments like LOTRO system? only for role play
  • Options
    TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited February 18
    delete
  • Options
    Will water mounts be able to catch a raft going down rivers and attack raft caravans that way instead of players staying on the shore and sniping?
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • Options
    You know in L2 the spot of xp is important, you need to fight to get and keep it (one of the best part of game). Do your game will have this kind of pvp? if yes how we can do it with all the pvp penalty of loosing stat?
  • Options
    Will respawns be at a specific graveyard location in that area? Or at random locations throughout the map.
  • Options
    Will augments be able to change ranged attacks to melee attacks and vice versa? For example, changing a ranger's scatter shot from a bow ability to a sword or torch ability. The wiki spells out augments can change effects from ranged to melee, but isn't clear on if it means effects such as dots or damage type vs the entire ability.

Basically, can I get my Strider on?
  • Options
    Your MMO try to please pve and pvp, many games try it but at the end pvp players are always leave behind. I think its because dev try to put the pvp only in some "boxe" like arena/battleground/event pvp and try to kill the wild pvp (who is a big part of pvp).
    Have you this in mind?
  • Options
    RaetionRaetion Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What Guild related systems will be in A2?
  • Options
    Wich approach will have the healing in this game? Will it be like more supportive only to defend in certains moments or will it be like cast oriented and keeping the hp bar full?
  • Options
    While the game is primarily open world, do you intend to have areas that are limited in access, e.g. through only being accessible in certain numbers, to those who finished a certain quest(line) or who have obtained a certain item?
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Nice

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fty3186xohodw2s4wmy961oz5uopfixv8tzs9out1&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s

• Options
    KilionKilion Member
    edited February 19
    Do you plan to make character transfers to other servers possible and affordable?

Seeing how Ashes will be strongly player driven, servers will most likely develop their own unique "culture" leaning more towards RP, PvE, PvP or something of that sort. So it might be that another servers "culture" suits me better.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    HopeHope Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 22
    What biomes will be present at the launch of Alpha 2, and how many node locations will be available initially?
  • Options
    I would like to know if there is any estimated day for the start of Alpha 2, because I really want to schedule my vacation to be able to enjoy it to the fullest.
  • Options
    DanMcGahanDanMcGahan Member
    edited February 19
    How can failing quests or commissions affect a players reputation within a node? Will it function similar to player experience debt which has to be worked off by regaining that XP?
  • Options
    It's not a question, it's just a personal feeling:

The ISS enchanter from goddess of destruction was the best support class EVER for me, neither too strong nor too weak, a perfectly balanced support class (support heal/support buff/support dps/support CC).
    It really was the perfect class and I've never found the same pleasure in any other class.

I've played support in every mmo I've ever played.
  • Options
    Will there be any "world quest" pushing nodes clash?

Example: A town is about to go to level 4, or will unlock a special building or some other big development (not necessarily preventing development, but providing additional bonuses). To do this, a quest will appear and will be visible to everyone.

Enemy clans will be able to prevent this quest from taking place, or even give it back instead, and they will be able to recover a bonus or give a malus to the city proposing the quest.

?
  • Options
    The mobs lvl evolve with the nodes and quest/commission.
    How players will find the xp zone of there lvl ?
  • Options
    Due to the fact that we have not seen all of the classes, I'm curious on what the progress is looking like in terms of every other class in the game? Are they done, almost done, or some haven't been started yet? Also, what is the approach in trying to make sure every class is unique, but still competitive versus other classes in PvP?
  • Options
    MackArrelMackArrel Member
    edited February 20
    with ue5
    do you think you can implement wall climbing as shown on the video of the rogue doing parkour ?
  • Options
    BeriBeri Member
    edited February 20
    Would you ever consider having a system that allows a player to go extremely evil, and for the same reason why in the real world people get seduced by corruption is to quickly and easily gain wealth, power, and in-game concepts that would be beside the amber also levels and skills, I mean way much faster then normal honest hard-working characters, but as a consequence, if that evil corrupted character gets killed, he gets perma death! Becaause for example Gods in Vera do not resurrect the true evil!

by the way, I will be joining Alpha 2 after years of only following :)
  • Options
    KreirianKreirian Member
    edited February 20
    [*] How are you planning to balance the classes, weapons and skills?
    [*] What identifiers do you have to see if something is over-tuned?
    [*] Is it going to be player feedback based?
    [*] What the player meta is? (like what weapons and skills everyone is using)
    [*] How are you going to identify player skill issues vs getting fixes for unbalanced skills?
  • Options
    Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Any update on how the 500v500 is coming along?
  • Options
    BeriBeri Member
    edited February 20
    Are you going to have any collection quests like they had in Everquest 2... I loved those ... I guess I am driven by the basic human instinct to collect things ... Or any events where players collect pieces of the puzzle/map so when the player collects all the pieces... combined they create a powerful weapon or artifact or map that reveals the location of the loot...
  • Options
    So i know the stance with cosmetics. There will be purchasable ones that are on par with the rares and legendries we can find. My question is why will the ones that we can buy be looking as good as the cool ones we can find? Won't that kind of defeat the feeling of finding something cool or the uniqueness of them?
  • Options
    DaddySteve wrote: »
    Will there be an AOE cap for combat or can a spell hit an unlimited amount of players/mobs for its duration?

I think Steven answered this in the December Livestream: https://youtu.be/L5DeC8wIcuM?t=6721
  • Options
    What is your vision for the overall "player story", when comparing the more emergent personal stories vs the more curated story arcs?
  • Options
    Which biomes and races can we expect at the launch of Alpha 2?
  • Options
    PavlovDeadPavlovDead Member
    edited February 22
    Are there plans for any class or archetype abilities that allow a player to create illusions of themselves, for the purpose of misdirection or trickery? Maybe an archetype of summoner?
  • Options
    BeriBeri Member
    edited February 22
    PavlovDead wrote: »
    Are there plans for any class or archetype abilities that allow a player to create illusions of themselves, for the purpose of misdirection or trickery? Maybe an archetype of summoner?

If they do, I hope they finally make it so that if you turn into an animal as a druid your player name is not visible because you are meant to be an animal in other players' eyes, not a player, in all other MMOs I ever played player name was always stupidly displayed!