Alpha 2 Keys

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    StickyRubb wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with reading, and you know that. Intrepid vaguely stated that perhaps in the future there might be ways to obtain acces to future testing periods

You say "it has nothing to do with reading" after I said it was a cause of people either couldn't or didn't read, and then you only talked about one of the comments they made.

Intrepid said specifically that they have decided to discontinue the packs until such time as their internal and/or external testing supports the admission of additional testers.

Nothing at all to do with them selling access to testing periods - they stated outright that they may sell packs with alpha access again.

That is the part you either couldn't or didn't read.
  • Otr wrote: »
    Torstein wrote: »
    not everyone is following games that are in the works and let alone being able to put 250$ towards said unreleased game.
    If they pay less, they should get limited access: 5 months of A2 testing.

No. Dumb.
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited July 15
    Would I have bought A2 access separately if I'd had the chance? Probably, yes.
    Does it bother me that this is going to become a cheaper option for others? Not even a little bit.

I made my choice at the time, and it guaranteed me A2 access, plus got me a few other goodies that look interesting. If they hadn't re-opened A2 sales, I'd have still had access. If they did re-open A2 sales, I'd have still had access.

It is what it is. If anything, it shows the business sense they have, that they can sell something early at a higher price and still have people buy it. And that alone should give us some hope that this game is going to be a success.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • cupicupi Member
    syldon wrote: »
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios/
    This is the original kick starter that I signed into 7 years ago.

I don't see any mention of Alpha 2 in these, I'm assuming you will have access?
    cupi wrote: »
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios/

This isn't doing anything to disprove my point that people complaining about this either didn't or couldn't read.

The scrolling list of packs on the right hand side, when you get down to the $125 pack - Founders - that is where alpha 2 access starts.
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Everyone over founder level has alpha 2 access. swg76rqw2l4y.jpg
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here.
    And all the emptiness inside disappears.
  • cupicupi Member
    Hinotori wrote: »

Should have double checked thank you
  • cupicupi Member
    Noaani wrote: »

This isn't doing anything to disprove my point that people complaining about this either didn't or couldn't read.

The scrolling list of packs on the right hand side, when you get down to the $125 pack - Founders - that is where alpha 2 access starts.

Your point is that people are unreasonable so I'm done with you
    edited July 15
    Hinotori wrote: »

Should have double checked thank you

See how easy it is to be presented with information and miss key aspects of it? You were given a website with a specific piece of information you didn't have, and came back saying that you were sure it wasn't there.

It took me 6 minutes from when you said it wasn't there to find it, check it and post. It took Hinotori 9 minutes to do the same, but with a screenshot. Clearly, that is not information that was hidden, you just missed it, even though it was the only piece of information you were looking for.

That is what a few people here that are complaining did - they missed key aspects of what Intrepid said, namely that they would start selling alpha access again if their testing showed that they could take more people.
  • cupicupi Member

came back saying that you were sure it wasn't there.
    Why are you puting words in my mouth?
    even though it was the only piece of information you were looking for..
    Very curious here, how did you come up with that?

I'm not sure why you are trying to deflect from the point - actually, that isn't true, I know exactly why you are trying to deflect.

You went to the site and came back saying you couldn't find that piece of information. Even if there were other things you were looking at, you were specifically looking for that piece of information and failed to find it - despite others finding it in minutes (finding it in seconds, honestly).

If you want to say that you didn't come back saying you were sure it wasn't there, or if you want to say it wasn't the only thing you were looking for, that's fine. Point is, you were looking for it, and failed to find it despite others finding it immediately, and this happened in a discussion in which people have pointed out to you that perhaps your complaint is based on the fact that you failed to find a piece of information.

But sure, deflect the discussion. Obviously you are a master at finding information you are looking for, so your complaint absolutely couldn't be due to you missing something.
  • cupicupi Member

I'm not sure why you are trying to deflect from the point - actually, that isn't true, I know exactly why you are trying to deflect.

You went to the site and came back saying you couldn't find that piece of information. Even if there were other things you were looking at, you were specifically looking for that piece of information and failed to find it - despite others finding it in minutes (finding it in seconds, honestly).

If you want to say that you didn't come back saying you were sure it wasn't there, or if you want to say it wasn't the only thing you were looking for, that's fine. Point is, you were looking for it, and failed to find it despite others finding it immediately, and this happened in a discussion in which people have pointed out to you that perhaps your complaint is based on the fact that you failed to find a piece of information.

But sure, deflect the discussion. Obviously you are a master at finding information you are looking for, so your complaint absolutely couldn't be due to you missing something.

That's all good stuff, you can choose to believe it

But why did you assume I didn't go see the link only to very what user Syldon mentionned about it?

His point was about exclusivity
    edited July 15
    His point was about exclusivity of alpha 2 access, and you came back talking about alpha 2 access.

What other information were you looking for other than information on alpha 2 access?

As such, the inferrence is that it is the only thing you were looking up. Exclusivity of alpha 2 access is included in looking up alpha 2 access - you can't find how exclusive it is or is not until you have found who gets it and who doesn't - so they are the same piece of information (namely, who gets alpha 2 access).

Since you are not talking about anything on these forums at present other than alpha 2 access, I have every reason to assume that alpha 2 access is the only thing you were looking for on that page.

There has been no comment or suggestion that you were looking for anything else, and there is no other information on that page that is currently pertinent to this discussion on that page.

Fact remains, you displayed a failure (which could be for a number of reasons) to find information that you were looking for - which as I said several times in this thread is the basis of the reason for the very few complaints about alpha 2 access.

There is no scope for believing people didn't read or understand comments from Intrepid on this matter. The simple fact is people did not understand that Intrepid stated blatantly that they will start selling alpha 2 access if the situation allows for it - since that is a comment that was made, and since people complaining were unaware that it was made, they CLEARLY either didn't read it or didn't understand it.

I neither know nor care why this was a piece of information people making complaints either didn't read or didn't understand - I am simply pointing out that it is a blatant fact that they either didn't read or didn't understand that comment from Intrepid.

It isn't a case of believing, it is a case of "this is what all evidence points directly at". Your failure to find who gets alpha 2 access from the kickstarter page only adds more evidence to that already large and indisputable pile.
  • cupicupi Member

I have every reason to assume that alpha 2 access is the only thing you were looking for on that page.

Not quite there yet but keep on, never give up
    :*

I have every reason to assume that alpha 2 access is the only thing you were looking for on that page.

Not quite there yet but keep on, never give up
    :*

It's all good, you are the one that can't find information you are looking for and then goes around complaining that things aren't the way they thought they would be. Not me.
  • cupicupi Member
    Let me indulge

What did I complain about?
  • cupicupi Member
    His point was about exclusivity of alpha 2 access, and you came back talking about alpha 2 access.

What other information were you looking for other than information on alpha 2 access?

As such, the inferrence is that it is the only thing you were looking up. Exclusivity of alpha 2 access is included in looking up alpha 2 access - you can't find how exclusive it is or is not until you have found who gets it and who doesn't - so they are the same piece of information (namely, who gets alpha 2 access).

Since you are not talking about anything on these forums at present other than alpha 2 access, I have every reason to assume that alpha 2 access is the only thing you were looking for on that page.

There has been no comment or suggestion that you were looking for anything else, and there is no other information on that page that is currently pertinent to this discussion on that page.

Fact remains, you displayed a failure (which could be for a number of reasons) to find information that you were looking for - which as I said several times in this thread is the basis of the reason for the very few complaints about alpha 2 access.

There is no scope for believing people didn't read or understand comments from Intrepid on this matter. The simple fact is people did not understand that Intrepid stated blatantly that they will start selling alpha 2 access if the situation allows for it - since that is a comment that was made, and since people complaining were unaware that it was made, they CLEARLY either didn't read it or didn't understand it.

I neither know nor care why this was a piece of information people making complaints either didn't read or didn't understand - I am simply pointing out that it is a blatant fact that they either didn't read or didn't understand that comment from Intrepid.

It isn't a case of believing, it is a case of "this is what all evidence points directly at". Your failure to find who gets alpha 2 access from the kickstarter page only adds more evidence to that already large and indisputable pile.

I feel a bit sorry for all that diligence you're going through and even more sorry for anyone that has read this so I'll let you on my train of thought. You are right in many ways and you can call be out for being human, I'll fully assume that

User talked about exclusivity, clicked, only saw exclusivity about cosmetic stuff, noticed nothing about A2, went through the list, missed at which pack it appeared, moved on with my life but left wondering if early backers had A2, hence my question about it to reassure me even though I assumed they had A2 access

No point here just trying to diffuse this
    User talked about exclusivity, clicked, only saw exclusivity about cosmetic stuff
    I'm going to assume you did a search for the word "exclusive" on that page.

The problem is, that search is not going to turn in results for things where that word is not used. Since the person you are talking about specifically said there was no mention of exclusivity in regards to alpha with the kickstarter packs, that would mean there would be no usage of the word "exclusive" in relation to them, thus you would get no results from that search in relation to alpha access.

You then came back here and said you saw no mention of alpha 2, nothing at all about exclusivity. If you performed another search for "alpha" you would have found it.

My point remains, it is easy to miss information.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited July 16
    Merging threads on the same topic, and leaving a message here!

I know there are many questions about Alpha Two, buying Alpha Two access, keys, pricing, etc.

The team is working extra hard on A2, and we'll be releasing more information in the coming weeks and months so that we can answer your questions! We appreciate your patience, understanding, and feedback <3:)
    community_management.gif
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Chicago wrote: »
    Furthermore, the more testers, the faster the game releases

5nu6fqs64mgi.gif
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • JowwJoww Member
    I regret not having followed it sooner, I need to buy this key.
  • sternzysternzy Member
    this is good to hear. i would probably buy in this time around now that the game is more fleshed out and we know what we are looking at. I will not participate in the social media junk to get a key however. For any reason, ever.
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Sengarden wrote: »
    This whole exclusivity conversation is missing a HUGE point... Alpha 2 is not the game. It's not even really a "game" at all in the traditional sense. We'll most likely be testing a bunch of unfinished systems that don't even have all of their supporting systems fleshed out yet - the eventual wholistic function of which are supposed to make the whole world function properly and feel truly "fun". The main focus of an alpha test is on testing systems and giving feedback, not "winning the game." This is why most companies do hired testing as much as possible, because those people actually understand the task at hand and do their jobs.

If y'all were in the right mindset about participating in the A2 testing and feedback process from the get-go, you wouldn't even be talking about this stuff. You paid money to support the development of a game before the alpha phase was even over, and Intrepid got the money. Good on you. I'm sure they appreciated the support. Now, as a "reward" for spending $250 dollars, you get to do something most companies pay people to do. Test a highly unfinished game state and give intelligible, meaningful, well-constructed feedback. Not "play a game that you paid for". That's absolutely so, so far from the experience of participating in an alpha test, and neither Steven nor anyone else from Intrepid painted the experience any other way, as far as I can remember. If you impatiently fantasized about A2 being "early access" to Ashes of Creation, then I'm sorry, but you're sorely mistaken, and it's your own fault.

It doesn't matter how much you paid, and it doesn't matter when they ended up releasing the option to buy A2 access on its own. You bought a bundle of products and an experience that you thought was worth the cost at the time. To be very clear, A2 access was not one of the products. The cosmetics, $90 of pre-paid game time, and the $100 worth of cosmetic shop currency were the products. The experience you paid for was testing A2. It's not a product. You don't own it. They can wipe your files at any time, and they'll obviously get wiped before the actual game releases. You paid for the experience of doing a job most people get paid to do. Congratulations.

Now, guess what? Something happened that Intrepid couldn't feasibly anticipate with complete accuracy. The servers are more capable now, so they need more testers. A lot more. They already did an entire month or something of open sales for the last Voyager pack, so I think it's safe to say that they've gotten all the people willing to pay $250 by now that they can. They now need to offer the experience to a wider market. Charging as much as they did last time, even with all the extra stuff from before thrown in, won't get them the numbers they need. They need to lower the cost to fulfill their demand, especially now that they're less than three months from the start of A2, and you're all sitting here suggesting they waste their own time for months without a full testing pool just so you can play pretend that you're in the AoC early access? Really?

This def has to be the best post.
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Crazy that some of the .0000001% is trying to gatekeep. This is exactly why keys need to be opened up, some of these people can't be trusted imo.
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Crazy that some of the .0000001% is trying to gatekeep. This is exactly why keys need to be opened up, some of these people can't be trusted imo.

Who is trying to do this?

I've not seen any of it, though there are some posts in this thread I've not read.
  • NuubNuub Member
    Steven has already confirmed that Intrepid do not need any additional money in order to complete AoC development. If you don't need the money, but you do need the testers, give purchasers of A2 access one or more additional A2 access keys to reach your desired number of A2 testers. All the past purchasers will be excited to share their keys with friends. This avoids all the complicated feelings that arise from new offerings of access to A2.
  • JeanPhilippeGungharJeanPhilippeGunghar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Friss wrote: »
    I heard a lot of talk about a2 keys being cheaper than normal.

i personally believe this is a horrible idea. 1 you mess up with people who purchased it before.

just release the a2 packs for sale again, for the people who missed them.
    no need to punish the people who bough them early. and no need to cater to people who bought them late.

release them full price. and it's the only way to go.

or you could make them cheaper and make a bunch of A2 buyers very upset. Or you could make them same price but without skins and make new players upset.

but if you release them same price as before same pack....no issues.

thoughts?

personally. if we cater to people that are late now.... we'll expect this in the future as well and maybe even hope to take advantage of it.

what do you guys think?

Don't forget 250 dollars packs gives you some cosmetic, game time, embers and some keys.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven also confirmed Ashes would release before 2020.
  • JeanPhilippeGungharJeanPhilippeGunghar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Steven also confirmed Ashes would release before 2020.

4 years later...
  • RoboterRoboter Member
    :) We will see! I trust them to do the right thing.