Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, July 31, 2024 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will respawn locations be common in the world and allow players to quickly get back into fights or be more sparse resulting in death being more punishing?
  • StorytellerAOCStorytellerAOC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will Bards/Rogues have the ability to mask their appearance such as Disguise Self from D&D or Mask of Deception from Everquest?
  • CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Five years ago, you all were undecided whether or not basements would be implemented in freehold houses. So...will there basements be in freehold houses?

youtube.com/watch?v=UVETnLeJZFo&t=4162s
    y-t.be/dk3r ★ y-t.be/gwfb ★ y-t.be/mobm ★ y-t.be/gokz ★ y-t.be/u0pr ★ y-t.be/s6hs ★ y-t.be/z84x
  • NilahNilah Member
    Hi, regarding game translation. Are we going to have the game fully translated to other languages (like spanish) during alpha 2? Is it going to be fully translated from one patch to another? Or are we going to see some translations and progressively you'll be adding more? Will the community be able to help with those translations?
    Te puedes unir a nuestra guild española Bare Winds aquí:
    https://discord.gg/MZwMe38qSG
  • SzoloSzolo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will every in-game tree be chopable for immersion purpose, but only certain trees yielding quality materials, or the majority of the trees will only be props for the world, as was in A1?
    You ride that fine line of like everyone is about to die and you shall keep on casting, keep going, it's awesome. That's the best part of healing.
  • Is ones ingame Family name for the family system tied to the optional Surname at Character Creation or is it created in a UI menu / from talking to a NPC.
  • Knollyn wrote: »
    How fast are Alpha 2 updates going to be? Will there always be content for people to explore or will there be big dips in player count due to lack of content? If there are points with lack of content that is fine with me as I'll be exploring every class the game has to offer prior to launch but I am afraid that many people may become disinterested in the game if updates take too long.

alpha 2 while playable is still supposed to be about testing all the systems and finding bugs and helping balance stuff as the devs finish systems, there are gonna swarms of people that burn through the content and get bored and then complain about it / stop playing. to many people are thinking of this as early access and are gonna be sorely disappointed with initial A2 content
  • Are you concerned at all with alpha 2, beta 1, beta 2 revealing too much of the game before the majority of players have the opportunity to play?
  • will you guys fix the terrible female armor that is just male armors with boobs , no one asking for bikini armor but make the female armors more creative in design and make them feminine ,cute,hot ..etc , so far almost all the armors are almost the same as male ones . whats the point of having 2 genders if they all gonna look like the male ones ?
    ykwk7qwgw5os.jpg
  • GANKLORDGANKLORD Member
    edited July 21
    QUESTION: hi, is there any vision for solo play? there are many solo players in mmos, we just want to chill after work. i know there is solo content, but can solo player actualy achieve big things in aoc? thank you
    9n6zfnbf0cn4.jpg
  • Are battle pets still planned? I know we havent seen them yet, but without that, it feels like battle pets are pointless and they will give pointless clutter
  • SorcresSorcres Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 21
    Do you have in plan to make achievments somehow meaningfull like in Guild Wars 2? (Mastery Point Rewards, Chest Rewards etc)
  • HelicHelic Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Out of pure curiosity, have you guys seen how the Bard plays in a game like Dark and Darker. I feel like actually having different instruments with songs that you slot and have a little guitar hero timer mini-game to apply stronger buffs is so cool.

It's probably the coolest implementation of a Bard I've seen in any game before.
  • ShabooeyShabooey Member
    Will classes have access to "interrupt" abilities, if so which, if not why not?
  • TexasTexas Member
    Will open-world flagging or AoE damage function differently for guild members and other affiliations?

For example, if I come across a skirmish between some guild members (not in my party) and another group. Am I able to drop an AOE on the battle without hitting my guild members or will I have to be careful to not friendly-fire?
  • HevelHevel Member
    During the February livestream you mentioned that you plan to have elemental attacks be affected by weather events. This seems to disproportionally affect the Mage archetype since that skillset seems to be mostly elemental damage.
    Are players just going to need to learn to live with the fact that Mages will get an occasional buff, or will most classes have access to elemental damage and thus make the random events "balanced"?
  • PlippsPlipps Member
    Will bards have long, customizable buffs that they can apply to other players by performing in taverns à la entertainers in SWG? That was genuinely a great social tool that makes entertainers invaluable and cantinas becoming a great social gathering hub for players.
  • If I got a weapon with magical damage (similar to the Night Blade), will my damage scale with intelligence while my crit chance be dictated by dexterity related stats?
  • Ev3ntineEv3ntine Member
    Personally, the classes in AoC are my least favorite aspect of the game. How likely is it that the class system will undergo one or more redesigns before the Beta release? AoC is innovating in many MMO mechanics; I hope the classes will be among those amazing improvements.

In particular, the class mechanics seem outdated, as they came out of a random 2004 MMO. They seem rigid, confined to specific roles with little flexibility or freedom. Additionally, many skills feel redundant and overly similar. It seems like the approach was 'let's add X skills and make them somewhat different,' rather than 'let's consider this class in a specific situation and create a useful skill for it.'

E.
  • AnimusRexAnimusRex Member
    edited July 22
    When will we get someone from the music side of the game on a Development stream?

I'm not asking for any of it to be revealed, although more snippets would be nice. I understand that the music should be something that is revealed as you play, but I'd like to hear from Bear and other music creation talent about their creation process eg theme matching, biome themes etc. and just generally how they are doing what they do.

Bonus question - Aside from the thematic soundtrack music, will there be actual songs to be learned that contribute to the lore?

I'm pretty sure most players would agree that it's an integral part of a good game, and an essential part of a great one.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • auroraborealisauroraborealis Member, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can you tell me when Alpha two Testing will take place?
    If I understand correctly, we'll find out on July 31st, right?
    Or will there be Alpha two test before that?
    :)<3<3:)
  • zaayrzaayr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 22
    will bards have different instruments that play different types of songs or change what effect the songs do?

example: flute does damaging songs, violin does healing songs, or is it like drums effect the damage boost in the song or duration of the buff. maybe the instrument changes the damage type.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Do buffs such as those received from Bards 'tick down' their remaining duration when a player is not online (aside from during the logout delay period)?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Since there is an entire mechanic system around religion that is separate from class, are there plans to adjust Cleric to have less religious-inspired themes? Such as pivoting from "holy" to "radiant" damage, changing a "Priest" to a "Healer", etc?
    [ RP nerd & Dog mom ♥ Always down to hear a good story. ]
  • Which statistics are being shown in recaps after certain events like node wars and do all of them calculate into some kind of ranking?
    (Any others than objectives, damage, healing? E.g. damage taken, shielding, damage reduction from tank abilities etc.)
  • Will we have another chance to buy an alpha key for alpha 2?
  • GundelGundel Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    edited July 23
    Can you expand on utilities abilities of Classes that were previously showcased during Pre-alpha during Pax East years ago, have they been redesigned or scrapped? Example Cleric clearing the miasma, or Ranger tracking footprints.
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can Bards buff friendly or allied NPCs during events?
  • In the last live stream Intrepid discuss the server mesh technology and the Intrepid Net. After the presentation there was video on Youtube with content creators reacting. My question is based on that presentation is there going to be one giant server/realm/shard like Eve Online where 2 million players will all play on fight over the 5 castles, nodes, etc. or will it be like World of Warcraft where there will be 200 realms with 10.000 players logging into the game for each realm?

In following the game the past three years it seemed like you wanted each community to develop its own realm so based on roleplaying, questing, pvp, etc. each realm will have its own flavor. Has the technology changed where we will be all on one shard. I think there is confusion on how servers will work. The way I understood the presentation would be for example, in World of Warcraft you had the Barrens zone. If 400 players were questing in that zone, you might have one server for the creatures, a different server for the spells, a different server communication, and by dividing the responsibilities all the players would get good performance regardless of how close they were to each other. Would you please clarify for the community whether we are all on one realm or whether there will be multiple realms when the game launches? How do reserve my spot on the Golden Sandal realm?
  • FalkathFalkath Member
    How extensive is going to be the gearing of a character ? Aside from tiers and grades, like gems attached to it, different levels within the tiers, enchants,...