Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, July 31, 2024 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will Alpha 2 include Siege testing?
  • Will Bards have certain Raid buffs for PVP, PVE, Naval and how long will they last. In all previous mmo's i played the raid buffs lasts for one hour and i was wondering if you plan to inscrease or decrease the duration.
    Thank you!
    dvrm2vh34f32.png
  • Vaknar wrote: »
    QA_1920.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream featuring an Alpha Two Bard Archetype Preview will be Wednesday, July 31, 2024 at 11am Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

If you have a question for our team, then you’re in the right place! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer during the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below - the more direct, and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)! Submissions end Monday, July 29, 2024 at 11am Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Forgive me if this has alread been answered, but will there be some kind of visual cue that a big attack is incoming, allowing for well-timed blocking? Or will it be purely watching the movement of the enemy and anticipating when the attack will happen?
    Heroes Gaming Group
    Varda_Forum_Badge.png?ex=66a0958e&is=669f440e&hm=d4225a15c5b2463ad8a723b83221e7bad178a5e90e617bf37676d6976aee63b0&
  • How have you determined what will be the showcase each month? Especially when its a more visual show with a class versus a technical showcase with server meshing/networking. Are they following your milestone goals or determined another way?
  • VlhadusVlhadus Member
    What are the 4 schools of augmentation for the Bard architype?
    www.youtube.com/vlhadusgaming
    slBtfHF.png
  • TrundarTrundar Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Will the character name reserve be available before the launch of alpha 2?
  • edited July 25
    Do you plan to have modifier stats have a Hard cap on them such as crit chance, attack speed, DMG penetration, or mitigation? Ex: Physical mitigation will have a hard cap at 80%
  • Advanced naval content has always been emphasized as a "stretch" goal.

Now that Ashes is nearly to the launch of Alpha Two, how likely do you and the Intrepid team feel that advanced naval content will be in at the final launch, versus being expansion content?

• I travel often for work, both domestically and globally. Will playing Ashes of Creation from various locations like this flag my account for suspicious activity?

• JourneJourne Member
    edited July 24
    Will there be any combining of spells/music with other bards to create more powerful versions of songs/effects? I imagine multiple bards combining their musical prowess on the battlefield to create a chorus of symphonic slaying.

I'm just a bard looking for a band, man.
  • During a Node War can a third uninvolved player who is not a citizen of either warring Node enter the Point of Interest and engage in combat with either Node's citizens thus allowing for players to act as mercenaries for hire?
  • AidanKDAidanKD Member
    For accessibility reasons - making the game accessible to more people who might not have the means to upgrade to a suitable computer would be a win.

Would Intrepid be open minded to making their game available to a cloud-streaming platform, such as GeForce Now?
  • What are the most important things you will hope to learn from A2.
  • VenacierVenacier Member
    Will the Bard be able to play his/her musical instrument when not in combat i.e. when RP in a tavern?
  • GarrenGarren Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will pre-order Caravan cosmetics be updated to include to the 'visual hints of what is contained in a caravan'? Will Caravan cosmetics be updated for Raft Caravan function as well?
  • GrilledCheeseMojitoGrilledCheeseMojito Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Are Bard abilities generally affected by the Bard's line of sight to party members, or differences in elevation?
    Grilled cheese always tastes better when you eat it together!
  • AlacriteAlacrite Member
    edited July 24
    How much of the fishing system will be present in Alpha 2 compared to what is planned for full release? Please spare us some leaks about the system itself as well! :D<3
  • Does game brightness change at night depending on the phases of the moons?
  • SunScriptSunScript Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What is Intrepid's policy on those caught using AI to create fake screenshots of chat logs that didn't really happen?
    Bow before the Emperor and your lives shall be spared. Refuse to bow and your lives shall be speared.
  • MistitiMistiti Member
    Question about pvp: I've noticed on the various events you've presented that there's no real punishment for players who "overextend". Players are hard to kill, which leaves them free to roam without real risk, is this intentional? Has any thought been given to survivability in pvp, to find out how long a player can hold a burst?

My experience is more on L2 and I've noticed that one of the pleasures of mass pvp is to have a group/clan that has to work in synergy, as one man. To punish bad moves/followers, the game offers the possibility of killing players who can't keep up in a matter of seconds. This system gives mass pvp a strategic dimension through movement, and one of the objectives is to push the other group/clan to the brink in order to nibble away at its forces (hence the advantage of not having respawns too close to pvp). Before launching a rush.
  • Are there any plans to add localized voice chat into the game?
  • BriggsBriggs Member
    When it comes to tanking or being tanky, will there be main tank and off tank builds that don't use shields? I know this is a minor question but it is something that interest me. As well as the drain tank/lifesteal play style.

Another question I have is how will the "streamer servers" be handled? Because large amounts of players all joining to be with or mess with streamers might end up being a problem for normal players on that server forcing them to move.
  • MayhemMayhem Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited July 25
    I know macros are not allowed, but what about using keyboards that have a dual actuation functionality? = Slightly pressing 1 registers as pressing 1 but fully pressing 1 registers as pressing shift+1 if set so.
  • ImnotkioImnotkio Member
    Previously it was stated that the world map would begin covered in a fog of war. More recently it was also stated that the design direction on that aspect changed a bit and we will now have some node services and details presented directly in the map. Does this mean the concept of fog of war was removed from the game?
  • XephXeph Member
    edited July 26
    Would Bards be able to have the ability to 'Entertain' (Singing, Dancing, Playing music, etc.), which, when used in a Tavern, would grant long-duration buffs to all patrons?
  • The last two years has ben focused on parts of ashes I feel that the feeling of the big picture has been lost. Can we get a video detailing the big picture view of the game. To help make all the details in the monthly updates seems more a part of a whole rather than independent standalone things?
  • Skills with area pull effect can change mass pvp strategy in game a lot. Will we have such skills in Ashes of Creation in future?
  • AshRenAshRen Member
    What's the state of the character creator that was supposed to release before A2?
  • kryPrimkryPrim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How do Content Creators find out whether they have been accepted into the Content Creator Program?

And is there already a time frame for when this program will officially start?
  • kryPrimkryPrim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How far along are the Tulnar and will we see complete models soon?