1235»

Comments

• CzerisCzeris Member
    rollox wrote: »
    Czeris wrote: »
    rollox wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Carebears won't even play.
    There will be PvPers who focus on farms, sure.

Just because someone is a carebear, doesn't mean they are intolerant of PVP.

I would really like to see an MMORPG official dictionary...lol

Because in my experience Carebear means exactly that someone is intolerant of PvP. That is at least how it is used most frequently in my experience.
    As an old af aficionado of 80s cartoons, though Carebears are obsessively peaceful and loving, they are more than willing to fight evil when necessary:

"The Care Bears' ultimate weapon is the "Care Bear Stare", in which the collected Bears stand together and radiate light from their respective tummy symbols. These combine to form a ray of love and good cheer which can bring care and joy into the target's heart, break dark spells, or revive something that has been broken, wilted, or messed up"

Heh yeah! It was always a fight with my sister over Carebears versus He-Man. But the power of Grayskull for the win. I pwned her in cartoon PvP silly Carebear that she was.

I would watch that crossover.
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Kilion wrote: »
    Of course and it will continue until the game releases at which point players will either accept it or they leave for a different game because they indeed cannot arrange themselves with the fact that PvP can happen.

My guess allot of people with thin skin will depart.
  • TamToucanTamToucan Member
    edited August 22
    The "most likely" only for Alpha 2 is what worries me. A lawless zone, with high level resources is just a zerg-fest, dominated by large guilds unless they solve the "risk vs reward" problem it causes. The main thing about Ashes (compared to other MMOs) is it's designed to be true PvX, not the usual 2 completely separate systems.

Having lawless zones completely changes that dynamic and I believe would do more harm than good for the long-term health of the game.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just because someone is a carebear, doesn't mean they are intolerant of PVP.
    Pretty much it does.
    Carebear pretty much means intolerant of combat/killing.
    TamToucan wrote: »
    Having lawless zones completely changes that dynamic and I believe would do more harm than good for the long-term health of the game.
    I think it wouldn't be a significant change in terms of who plays the game.
    Open Seas will be the deal-breaker for PvEers. Lawless Zones are just more fun for PvPers.
  • OtrOtr Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    TamToucan wrote: »
    I think it wouldn't be a significant change in terms of who plays the game.
    Open Seas will be the deal-breaker for PvEers. Lawless Zones are just more fun for PvPers.

There will be a balance between PvP and PvE. If the weight is much toward the PvP then PvE players will not pay subscription.
    Steven's bet is that there is a middle ground. He will observe during Alpha 2 if he was right or not and how to balance the game.
    The balance between PvE will favor PvP more than playing WoW on a PvP server.
    Steven's perspective of middle ground is from the perspective of a hardcore MMORPG PvPer.
    There isn't really a right or wrong. It's just playstyle preference.
    Lawless Zones fit well with Steven's target audience.
    Ashes is not made for everyone.

But... we still have to see if Lawless Zones will remain for release.
    For now, they are being implemented primarily to act as a place-holder for the Open Seas.
  • OtrOtr Member
    Players might not change their play-style just because Steven wants.
    I want to see the golden cohort.