Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, August 30, 2024 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will dungeons have their own maps? And if so, will they have the same fog of war mechanic like the overworld or something else like discovering the map while exploring inside or purchasing the map from a vendor in a different location?
    y-t.be/dk3r ★ y-t.be/gwfb ★ y-t.be/mobm ★ y-t.be/gokz ★ y-t.be/u0pr ★ y-t.be/s6hs ★ y-t.be/z84x
  • YeXiuYeXiu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    To what extent has Alpha 1 in unreal engine 4 helped the development of the game in unreal engine 5? Wouldn't an additional Alpha 1 be appropriate due to the changeover?
  • What are your lessons learned from kickstart to now, and what do you plan to do differently? This is a rather general question so feel free to touch upon whatever you like.
  • MajorGeraldXMajorGeraldX Member
    edited August 27
    Hello everyone,

regarding quests, do you have anything planned other than going from marker to marker like today's mmorpg?
    I was wondering if all the quests would be mentioned and easy to spot, or if there would be hidden quests?

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/60227/removing-waypoints-during-questing-a-more-immersive-exploration

Thanks
  • Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited August 25
    What is your interpretation of role-playing as a character within the story? Do you view it as role-playing yourelf as a player inside of the game expressing your own personal ideals and choices, or instead role-playing as pre-established character classes/races who have their own in-game backgrounds, ways of life, and tendencies within their own specific stories and questlines?
  • There have been a lot of hot button discussions in the community recently about the secondary Archetype system, which is why I want to ask:

Does the team see any potential issues with secondary augments maybe not feeling impactful enough to make each of the 64 classes feel distinct and satisfying? And how does the team approach expandability in the future with potential new classes joining the lineup?
    At the end of the day, it's night.
  • In a tavern parlor game, will I be able to wager in-game currency against other players?
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can you please let us know when you will unveil the Nodes 3 and 4 in the video series?
  • Ayeveegaming1Ayeveegaming1 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi, What do you guys mean when Steven says the word "Flavor" in describing Augments? I know you can't go into great detail but we are parched for information on augments, please give us some water!!! :smiley:
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Is it still on the table that corrupted players potentially gain rewards for killing bounty hunters ?
  • arkileoarkileo Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    How do you intend to address A2 server population falling off post honeymoon period while the playable space expands to accommodate more players?
  • HevelHevel Member
    If two nodes are friendly toward each other, but a new mayor wants to unilaterally start a war, how many mayoral cycles would it take for the new mayor degrade node relations to the point that a war commission could become available?
  • When selecting a server, can we get a recommendation as to which server has more people speaking a particular language?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    eykdh8cct5ou.jpg
  • Do you plan to have modifier stats have a Hard cap on them such as crit chance, attack speed, DMG penetration, or mitigation? Ex: Physical mitigation will have a hard cap at 80%
  • CadacCadac Member
    Does PVE cancel XP Debt at the same rate as Progression PVP?
  • You've said before that the ideal 8 person group composition is one primary archetype each. Does this mean for a 40 person raid that the ideal composition is 5 people of each primary archetype? I've always found it hard to get tank spots in large raids in other MMOs because they rarely need more than 2 tanks.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    With the recent clarification that a focused-down TTK might be short, are there any changes or protections afforded to players using their Processing Stations on their Freeholds to mitigate this?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• TrobTrob Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 27
    In PvP there's a lot to consider in counter play when you have lots of buttons to press and abilities to track across 8 Classes and 8 Archetypes. What is AoC's Philosophy on PvP Button Bloat and are there plans to have PvP focused abilities or systems to simplify the amount of abilities you'll want to track in PVP for yourself and others?
    Trob
  • ShodeiShodei Member
    I have seen some comments/concern about the different guild sizes that have been stated as being planned by you, and what some content creators would like to have for their communities. While I am choosing the smaller guild size of the discussion, has this topic come back up in meetings or are you re-evaluating you stance?
  • ChaffyJayChaffyJay Member
    edited August 26
    Watching the Bard showcase, I feel that party composition for even just questing will be necessary. Here's my question.

Can you dive further into how party searching will occur via bulletin boards inside nodes? What can I expect as someone looking to join a leveling party?

Thanks!
  • You mentioned increasing the level cap during phase 3, does that mean we will see the implementation of secondary archetypes by then as well?
  • During phase 2 testing you are hoping to test "vassaling". Would you be open to test the gameplay implications of vassals sieging their parent node?
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Given the recent changes in the lighting model I thought to ask, 'should we expect all summons to glow?'
    Node coffers: Single Payer Capitalism in action
  • Hello Guys,

Regarding the Citadel of the Steel Bloom, I would like to ask if we could possibly find any hidden treasures there added as a future content?
    dvrm2vh34f32.png
  • What about the guild bank? What mechanic will there be and will we see some content from these mechanics in Alpha 2?
  • SolunaSoluna Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    From what I’ve seen in the public livestreams, the combat and other animations, like walking, look quite stiff, almost as if there aren’t enough body parts animated. Someone compared it to the combat and movement in "Lord of the Rings Online," which I think is a fairly accurate comparison, though maybe a bit exaggerated.

I know the game is in Alpha, but I’d love to know what your ultimate goal is for the combat and character animations, as this seems to be a concern for many people. I don’t want to sound rude, but the current combat and animations look like something you could pick up from the UE5 marketplace.

Could you perhaps name an existing game that has a combat style similar to what you envision for the final version of Ashes of Creation?
    Soluna_signature.png
  • There has been a LOT of community discussion surrounding the flavor and uniqueness of the 64 archetype combinations and whether or not the Augment system can deliver on player expectations. Should players expect unique passives, abilities, or stat modifiers (is this still a thing?) from each of the 64 archetype combinations or will all 8 variants of Fighter (for example) have the same abilities and passives?
  • ShewpShewp Member
    Alpha 2 phase 3 plan is to have guilds 'fully functional'.

For A2 phase 1 and 2, what will be available in terms of guild mechanics, will alliances be available and what is the starting member size for newly created guilds?
  • SunScriptSunScript Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If I'm a citizen of Node A with a Freehold and Node A gets destroyed but my freehold doesn't, because it's in the ZOI of Node B, do I become a Citizen of Node B automatically or do I just have a Freehold without a Citizenshp?
    Bow before the Emperor and your lives shall be spared. Refuse to bow and your lives shall be speared.
  • After Alpha 2 launches, and Intrepid starts collecting feedback via the A2-exclusive forums, will there still be monthly livestream updates, feedback requests, and Dev Discussions for the broader public?
This discussion has been closed.