Guild taxes

2»

Comments

• rolloxrollox Member
    edited September 8
    Depraved wrote: »
    id prefer an experience tax system.
    members can get experience taxed (just stay at 0% until you are max level) then after that, just get the max tax on you. the experience you contribute can be used as guild currency to buy guild stuff. no need to take players money.

Asherons Call Allegiance system. It was a high bar for new players to understand. That swearing allegiance to a player would cause some experience tax to flow upward. But it created very interesting guild structures. And guilds that would send gear, gold and materials down to their players who contributed. Because it would help send experience back up, or allow those on the bottom to find their own new players to vassalize.

Made for interesting politics when a high level guild member with a large vassal structure left the guild. Breaking all those allegiances below them.
  • Nemeses wrote: »
    But you would still like all the guild advantages, but only pay for those which suit you...definitely the worst kind of guild members, type i try my best to root out.

Apparently according to Sir Steven - no Guildmember will have every possible Buff, Benefit, Boni, etc.

There will be stronger and weaker Guild Boni depending on in which Groups of the Guild someone is.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • scottstone7scottstone7 Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nemeses wrote: »

I would like to move away from always being the same section carrying the guild, and have a guild where the contributions are even & fair.
    IMO 5% is a good amount, though would like it scaled if I could, say when the guild reach X amount, it drops to 3% then when it reach X amount to 1%, and swings back up if guild funds drop below those levels.
    This is a dead easy add to any game, as its being done before.

Its also the fairest solution in my eyes

Oh I absolutely agree. It would be awesome if everyone in a guild was devoted enough to contribute. It’s never going to happen though, too many people with the wrong mindset. Not saying they are bad people, just too focused on self-interest. You know the ones I’m talking about. Again, I’m not against a guild member tax system. That said, a guild member tax system is only fair in theory. In practice, that small core group of members that carry the guild will still always give more. After thinking about it I will even agree with leader controlled adjustable guild member tax. My only concern with that would be predatory guilds taking advantage of their members. That won’t be a concern for me personally. I would like imagine people in that situation will be smart enough to recognize it and bail, and hope that guilds like that fall apart rather quickly.
  • NemesesNemeses Member
    edited September 10

I would like to move away from always being the same section carrying the guild, and have a guild where the contributions are even & fair.
    IMO 5% is a good amount, though would like it scaled if I could, say when the guild reach X amount, it drops to 3% then when it reach X amount to 1%, and swings back up if guild funds drop below those levels.
    This is a dead easy add to any game, as its being done before.

Its also the fairest solution in my eyes

Oh I absolutely agree. It would be awesome if everyone in a guild was devoted enough to contribute. It’s never going to happen though, too many people with the wrong mindset. Not saying they are bad people, just too focused on self-interest. You know the ones I’m talking about. Again, I’m not against a guild member tax system. That said, a guild member tax system is only fair in theory. In practice, that small core group of members that carry the guild will still always give more. After thinking about it I will even agree with leader controlled adjustable guild member tax. My only concern with that would be predatory guilds taking advantage of their members. That won’t be a concern for me personally. I would like imagine people in that situation will be smart enough to recognize it and bail, and hope that guilds like that fall apart rather quickly.

I’m not sure how they could take advantage, when you join the guild, you know you going to pay x amount in guild tax, it’s a flat rate for all, say between 2 & 5%.

There is no way any guildmaster/guild can take advantage, especially if the taxes can only be used for guild items, yeah I guess some of the really bad ones might find ways, but that’s a easy solution…leave.

Still imo, the best way to go., but as it makes AOC no money…..

The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment

• Aszkalon wrote: »
    But you would still like all the guild advantages, but only pay for those which suit you...definitely the worst kind of guild members, type i try my best to root out.

Apparently according to Sir Steven - no Guildmember will have every possible Buff, Benefit, Boni, etc.

There will be stronger and weaker Guild Boni depending on in which Groups of the Guild someone is.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment