Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Been here a little while but Starter Forum Question

Didn't want to pop this starter question up in the wrong forum so thought I would pop it in here. As the Search function doesn't work here I wasn't sure where else to go.

Is there a resource on how to use the forums, what functions of the forums mean?

There doesn't seem to be any real information on the use of the forums:
  • how to embed gifs?
  • how big should a signature be?
  • what do all the stars and levels mean?
If someone could point me in the direction of this resource I would be grateful. Knowing me, it is probably somewhere super obvious.

Thanks 

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    • how to embed gifs? Broken 
    • how big should a signature be? Smaller than mine is desired. Also broken. Images in signatures is broken atm. Cannot change or delete.
    • what do all the stars and levels mean? Stars are based on number of posts and number of badges. They mean absolutely nothing beyond people have posted multiple times in the forums. An easy way to buff that is go to the 3 word forum game. Some people post several times a day there. Basically unless they have the tag MOD on their name, we are just some random pleb like yourself.
  • We are actually going to work on developing a brief intro / tutorial. Good idea. Hope to be completed soon =)

@UnknownSystemError you're a goober <3
  • Thanks a lot. I'll keep my eyes open for the tutorial. I just like knowing how to utilise a resource to it's full extent. And potentially help others that might be as clueless as myself.
  • Welcome @Bajjer
  • @Bajjer Welcome! welcome!! welcome!!!
  • Welcome to ashes @Bajjer you will get used to the forum after a while. Just count your self-lucky you never had to put up with the old fourm. Even to this day I still have nightmares about it *shudders* 
  • Welcome to the forums :) Hope you find your way,
  • nagash said:
    Welcome to ashes @Bajjer you will get used to the forum after a while. Just count your self-lucky you never had to put up with the old fourm. Even to this day I still have nightmares about it *shudders* 
    It must have been truly horrific if the dreams of an Undead Scourge such as yourself were turned against you!
  • Welcome to you @Bajjer :smiley:
  • Welcome aboard the  Ashes hype train!  
  • Welcome @Bajjer! ^^
  • Bajjer said:
    Thanks a lot. I'll keep my eyes open for the tutorial. I just like knowing how to utilise a resource to it's full extent. And potentially help others that might be as clueless as myself.
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/36088/ashes-of-creation-vanilla-forums-how-to-guide#latest

• Thanks, spotted and consumed. Fast work guys :)
  • Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Thanks guys. It's going to be a long haul before most of us get our hands on this game, but I'm here for the duration. I haven't actively played an MMO for a while, but I have been constantly creeping the genre, just unable to find anything that grabs my attention. 

Until Ashes.

I have only followed two games pre-launch - The Secret World and Warhammer Online. Both let me down intensely, so I am fervently hoping for third time lucky. 

Gotta say though, the hype seems to be pretty low with Ashes and the actual information really, really promising.