Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Live stream Q&A Question Thread – October 31st, 2017

Hey, everyone! 

Once again we’re collecting questions to answer during Tuesday's (31st) Twitch stream starting at 3:00 PM PDT / 6:00 PM EDT / 10:00 PM UTC / 8:00 AM AEST (Wednesday). 

Please post your questions in this thread and we’ll pick around 10 or so to answer live on-stream. Please, only one question per person. Additional questions will likely not get answered. 

Thanks for your help!

Catch the broadcast here on the Ashes of Creation Twitch Channel
Missed a previous Livestream and you want to catch up? check out the Ashes of Creation Youtube Channel

Comments

• Who hosted, or is hosting the better Halloween party - Steven or Bacon?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017
    Node Size?
    edited October 2017
    Will moving trade goods by ship be similar to the caravan system where it creates a zone around the ship and do you have to destroy the ship to steal it's cargo?

-With Love, Karthos the Pirate. 
  • Will there be achievements/rewards specific to those who achieve firsts on dungeon clears or world boss kills?
  • If you are green and do a drive-by heal or buff on a non-engaged purple, will it turn you purple?
    edited October 2017
    QUESTION:

Since some games come out more optimized for Nvidia over AMD (or visa-versa), I'm curious which video card you guys run in your office during development.  :)

They're using Ryzen 1700X CPU and Nvidia 1080 Ti GPU.

• Question: "Can we expect to see Tulnar related concept art this year?"
    edited October 2017
    How many players per-server? 

10 k server population

• Is the development of the game on track?
  • So in honor of Halloween. Twix or Snickers. 
    edited October 2017
    Will classes be gender locked? Example: Only females can be mages.

No Class or Gender locks

• Will there be different dragon races, such as chinese dragons, ice drakes etc. depending on the area it is found within?
    edited October 2017

Current designs aim for 10k

Granthor said:

No gender lock, and no race lock, but there race augmentation might make certain classes a bit more meta. (also no there is no weapon lock you can make your char equip any style of weapon, but again some items will be more meta then others). 

BraneGames said:
    Will there be different dragon races, such as chinese dragons, ice drakes etc. depending on the area it is found within?
    Dragon appearances are based off the region of origin, that applies to castles and nodes.

*All info subject to change. 
    *Just random person answering questions to clear up this Q&A (no relation to studios). 
    edited October 2017
    Will there be any special events for holidays? If so will you be trying to earn different items/prizes? What other things, if anything, can we look forward to during the holidays? Thanks!

Q&A 5/3/2017: "But the cash shop will have unique cosmetics...holiday cosmetics. 

Q&A 5/10/207: "There will be events with seasons in the real world and season in game world"

• Can you get into a little about the Naval Aspect of the game, are we going to be able to craft our own war ships or transport ships for trade. are you going to be able to customize the ships, i.e what type cannons, sails?
    edited October 2017
    So today it's time to talk about something considered P2W in many games, that is included in the founder packs: the Headstart
    We already know that during the headstart period nodes will be unable to earn experience from activity in their ZOI. However, what prevents me from earning XP from killing monsters, or gathering resources, and later use those resources for processing, to reach a higher level and be able to progress faster once they are unlocked?
    If nothing of that is available in a relevant manner, then how is the headstart more than 2 days time of traveling to the desired node and character creation?

The game will have both Head-start and non-Head-start servers.

• AzuraLuna said:
    Will there be any special events for holidays? If so will you be trying to earn different items/prizes? What other things, if anything, can we look forward to during the holidays? Thanks!
    Q&A 5/3/2017: "But the cash shop will have unique cosmetics...holiday cosmetics. 
    Q&A 5/10/207: "There will be events with seasons in the real world and season in game world"

Subs said:
    Can you get into a little about the Naval Aspect of the game, are we going to be able to craft our own war ships or transport ships for trade. are you going to be able to customize the ships, i.e what type cannons, sails?
    Q&A 5/19/2017: "Yes there will be customization."
    Cannons are not confirmed. 
    edited October 2017
    We had this long discussion last night regarding raiding system, and taxing. 

1) Will there be modular raiding system (easy, normal, hard, legendary, ect...) 
    2) Will nodes be able to set a tax system (I.E flat tax vs floating (progressive) tax rate (dependent on players profits/income)). 
  • QUESTION:

Since some games come out more optimized for Nvidia over AMD (or visa-versa), I'm curious which video card you guys run in your office during development.  :)

8k concurrent.

Granthor said:
    No gender locking.
    edited October 2017
    ^^
    edited October 2017

BraneGames said:
    Will there be different dragon races, such as chinese dragons, ice drakes etc. depending on the area it is found within?
    Dragon appearances are based off the region of origin, that applies to castles and nodes.

Where has this been stated?

• Can I be a lich?
  • AeonAuron said:
    QUESTION:

8k concurrent.

Granthor said:
    No gender locking.
    They are aiming for 10k, not 8k concurrent users 
  • The titles that can be earned from being a citizen are they specific to the type of node?
    edited October 2017
    Two-Part Question
    1. Besides Fire, Water, Earth Wind, Light and Dark magic ... what other kinds of Magic will we see ?  How versed is Magic & what is your vision on Magic ?
    2. Can Bards cast Hallucinations ? If so, how would that be depicted ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In reference to the first this Thread ( below ) ... and the Title (  :)  )
  • At what point during the development of Ashes of Creation will be able to see a full sized Raid or a Metro Siege.

• How will you balance the threat of super clans taking over servers and dominating in terms of controlling nodes?

I've seen this take place in other games, but this seems to be the biggest threat to this game's social atmosphere. Cant wait to watch the stream!

-Sub
  • What can you tell about ships? (will they be renamable, owned by players or guilds,how do we get them, any specific profession to build them,how will we improve them, and will we have to choose between very good gear or superpowerfull ship)

If you can't answer this, so please concider my second question : 

When do PAX packages end ? Will we get anothers cosmetic packages in future afther it, before release ?
  • Jaikant said:

If you can't answer this, so please concider my second question : 

When do PAX packages end ? Will we get anothers cosmetic packages in future afther it, before release ?
    I like that one lol
  • You guys said that the smallest "Raid" would be a 40-Man, if I am not mistaken. How big will the largest be?
This discussion has been closed.