Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Controversy [EU] Nationbuilding

124»

Comments

• Options
    @Deiphoboz Yes, yes you are you mad mad man. <tilts head grinning> Welcome to a truly disturbing show of controversy. Nothing will make sense, but everything is right and will lead us to our own place in this new land.
    @Pvt_Poodle While we sit in our castle and look over the fairy punny landscape we create, we can sip some tea and look back to how it all began. Right here, slowly but steadily gathering all the crazy people willing to risk something.

Congratulations again on getting lost. : 3
  • Options
    It looks like the invite has expiered 
  • Options
    Sorry about that @WhiteWalker
    Should be fixed now. Looks like i deleted the wrong permalink when I did some dusting hehe.
    I'm at work so if anything comes up it moght take a while. Have fun looking around in our discord.
  • Options
    Hello there, I would very much like to join your guild! 
    I used to play WoW, although not that much, Dragon Age, the Witcher etc, Fiesta online when I was a teenager :'D... Let's say I've got some experience with those kinds of games. 

I gotta say though; I work from 9 to 5, so I suppose I won't be able to play during the days (just evenings and weekends), I hope that would not be a problem. 

I'll hear from ya :D
  • Options
    With a bit of a bumpy start I hope you enjoy your stay with us @WhiteWalker . There is a lot to explore and a lot of people to meet, who knows maybe you can bring your dragon and make a nest for yourself with us. ; )
    Since you have lost your way to us already I doubt you will be leaving anytime soon again @Zevran :>  Make yourself comfortable, the tea is ready and cookies are always in reach in our little, big home.

• Options
    We are doing some work on the community, better vocalizing the overarching goals and what we are trying to achieve. So there might be some downtime to letting new people join. We want to make sure everyone knows what thee is getting into.
    We are not closing the doors obviously, everyone is still free to join us on our discord and hang out with us in our public channels and stuff, just "being part" of the nation part will take some rest.
  • Options
    You sound like a friendly group of people with a good vision for this game. Would love to get to know you all. It's never to early to start building that loving community. You know what my buddy Twain said: "There isn't time, so brief is life, for bickerings, apologies, heartburnings, callings to account. There is only time for loving, and but an instant, so to speak, for that.".
  • Options
    I suppose it is unnecessary to welcome you again, you being with us for a few days by now haha, but still, it is great to see new people still coming in to have some fun.
    Just gives to show how much interest in Ashes there is. So many people continue to find their way to Ashes and are even bothering to look around for a community/guild.

Makes me hope for a bright future in the game.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited April 2018

Disclaimer: If it doesn't get apparent in my discombobulated and unfocused way of "recruiting", I literally have no idea how to formally start a guild, I have lead them sucessfully, but they always just kind of happened while playing and doing what I do. I never actually started a guild through forums. So, I literally just invite you so we can get to know each other.
    ___
    <pew pew sound effects> --- Stepping through a portal into a wild land can seem intimidating, but fear not, no one has to go alone. In fact, doesn't it seem exhilarating? To be among the first to see a new land, to explore vast plains, forests and who knows what awaits us behind the next hill and horizon? I'm an explorer, an adventurer, a pioneer and I aim to put my flag into this new world.

Hello survivors, I'm Grisu (Zekece) and excited like all of us for what might come with Ashes of Creation. It's damned early with the little information we have right now, but it is enough for me to have a flexible idea what I want to do.
    So what am I looking for to do? (skip the little background to the next paragraph if you want) I have always been someone who wants to experience everything. I have raided in WoW with 25man and co-lead my own 10man raid which got to under the best 2000 at it's peak. I played arena and came to a 2200 rating with an, at that time, oddball combination of a firemage and my restoration druid. I had my hands in the market in every game I ever played and I was always an achievement wh..hunter and enjoyed the lore of the world I was part of.
    I don't want to expand too much, so the point is, I want to do everything. AoC might be perfect for that. From what we know there is a lot of interconnection between all those PvE, PvP, economy aspects that are traditionally more along the line of separate entitys.
    I want to be among the pioneers to explore the world, search for hidden treasures and fight for it if necessery.
    I want to be part of the shaping of the world.
    I want to house our own dedicated crafters and gatherers, our own guard to protect them and our precious resources and for that I want to build our own nation.
    Nation is a big word I know, but it fits the scale I want to achieve.
    I want to house different kinds of people with different views and focused styles.
    I want to build a core that can stretch into all aspects of the game.
    I wish to create bonds that are usually separated and never meet because there is never really a reason for it.
    I want to be that reason. I want to connect us in ways that were contradicting before.
    I want to pioneer new ways in old and new grounds.
    Who knows how the game develops, maybe we will be an alliance of different guilds that work together. Maybe we will be one huge guild. We will have to wait and see what will become possible, and scale the impossible anyway.
    Even if you don't share my specific view, our paths may cross and we can help and learn from each other. Let's meet, let's come together while we await the arrival of a new world. So, for now, see you in the AoC Discord.

Finally able to edit wooo:
    So, by now we opened up our own discord server housing our own here together, you can meet us there. Since you already read that far, or were smart enough to skip to find the all important link, here you go:

https://discord.gg/XWvDSue

As it was since the beginning, this is only an invitation to meet us, get to know us and to see for yourself if this might be a place to settle your nest in.

Up in the spoiler is the old recruitment post for, well preserving history  purpose.
    Main post is now the new updated one after a long downtime.

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    <walks in to do some late year spring cleaning, leaves cookies and tea for all the people that get lost here>

Just a little nudge, that, while we don't actively go people hunting, our doors are always open to find new friends and comrades.
    Edit: actually that's to boring.
    <throws open the curtains> WELCOME TO THE CASTING OF ASHES GOT TALENTS

The show you never wanted but still got!
    Today I'll be your host to this catastrophy!
    We are looking for people with... talents? I guess! Maybe not you, but the other guy over there! How about it, want to give it a try?

Show us your amazing talents of reciting the dictionary backwards in 5 editions!
    You can play games all day without swearing once? Dayum, you are going to be a start!
    Sit! Enjoy tea! Eat cookies! Be awed. Ashes got talents now at your local television broadcaster. Don't miss it!

Edit: That was the 100st post, such a waste... niahaha