Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How did you wind up here?

2»

Comments

• Options
    @Whatelse73 I'm also a lifetime membership on STO, though the biggest money drop I'm guilty of got my name into the credits for Mechwarrior Online. XD
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Saw it 2017 onTwitter with this picture and was fascinated. 🤗

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I have been looking for a game to replace SWG since they closed the servers.  As such I trawl the kick starters and YouTube channels for reviews of upcoming MMOs.  I believe I stumbled across one of @DeathsProxy early reviews of a game called Dark and Light and started following him for more info and suddenly AoC came along.   The rest, as they say, is history.  I love Crafting, PVP and PVE.  Every game I have played since SWG is good at one of those aspects and then duck tapes on the other 2.  This means I have to skip between several games to be able to do what takes my fancy on the day.  Oh and I had given up trying to find a game that has a good crafting/economy game....  Until now! If I.S. deliver their vision, I think I will finally be able to to play one game and have the freedom to chose how I spend my gaming time that  evening. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Tbh , at first, when i saw the initial 4 Races - i immediately assumed 
    • Practically the same Classes like WoW ?! Are you f!cking kidding me ?! GTFO
    But then that's when i decided to do my own personal research - and with the addition of Tul'Nar ... that kind gave me* more positive vibes from it 

To clarify ... its was not specifically the Tul'Nar that was the sole-deciding factor ... rather ... it gave me the impression that they actually have their own Ideas of how they want the Overall Design of the Game to be.
    ( which they've obviously have shown. i.e. i was right on that )

Plus ... like most people here knows.... MMOs suck nowadays - none of them really provides hard PvE Content ... or just hard content in general + not enough options . The closest one to that was SWTOR Imho ( despite it being WoW in Space )

In short, I can immediately  tell when an Upcoming MMORPG is going to fail or not - and i have not been wrong yet ... usually ... i tend to call it right tbh

Such as ... this Publisher Ordeal ... i had a feeling something similar to this was going to happen LONG BEFORE i backed Kickstarter .... i put alot of thought into tbh. And the more i think of it ... 
    • ... Every Upcoming MMORPG has its Pros & Cons .... and usually the Cons outweigh the Pros ... But Ashes of Creation ... the Pros & the Cons are somewhat even. Regardless, the Cons having slightly more of a dominance than the Pros. 
    • But its not as bad as other Upcoming MMORPGs ( not including Pantheon, Pantheon is rad :3 )
    hint: Bless Online ... Called it  :/ ... via they showed more Cinematics as opposed to the aforementioned changes in combat. I think they only showed One video ? maybe two ? idk 
  • Options
    I am part of a really good active guild that has plenty of nerds discussing all the latest hardware, software and anything else that is going on. So they alerted me to the Ashes Kickstarter. I am pretty much had enough of playing Asian MMO's that have been ported for the western audience, so once I did some of my own investigation I was sold with Stevens vision and bought into the project.
  • Options
    I don't know if I will forget this in the future but I still remember like if it was yesterday.

It was Sunday march 26th 2017 and i was playing Fallout 4 as I usually play single player RPGs since I have quit MMOs alltogether. As I finished building my new settlement I stopped for a bit to admire it and thought to myself damn it's a shame only NPCs and I will ever enjoy this construction and none of my friends can come and live in this world with me. I got flash backs to when I used to play MMOs and decided I would give the genre a second chance, after 6 years of not touching any MMO.

So I took to the web and started looking for all the MMORPGs availabe and upcoming. Searching for an MMO that would allow me to build a homestead and or impact the world and story somehow. I had a few MMOS in my have to try list when I stumbled upon a video made by Deathsproxy called: New MMORPG - Ashes of Creation - First Look! So Ashes while it didn't jump straight to the top of my list  I just added it because of the world building/destroying/changing, player housing, and in depth crafting... it seemed to have a lot of what I was looking for so I decided to keep an eye out. The very next day I was looking for more information on the games I had added to my list and as if it dropped form the sky, it turned out Ashes of creation had an official youtube channel and had just uploaded a new video titled: Ashes of Creation - Nodes part One this video made Ashes jump quite a few places in my list. At this point i was watching a couple MMOs pretty closely Chronicles of Elyria, Ashes of Creation and peria Chronicles. I kept watching and reading up about them and that is how I wound up here.
    And even though I was a little disheartened when I learned that there wouldn't be a south american server. This meant I would have to deal with high latency connecting to the states; but nothing I wasn't expecting really. I have learned to accept that the South american market is just not that important to companies. Regardless Ashes is now on top of my list and my most anticipated game.

• Options
    Lazy Peon brought me here. 
  • Options
    I have been looking for a new MMORPG in 2017. During my endless searching I've found a youtube video (I don't who did it...) about upcoming MMORPG's. Ashes of Creation caught my interest immediately and that was the point of no return.
  • Options
    @Santy182 One homebuilder to another, if you need somewhere to fill the void in the meantime? Give RIFT a try. The homebuilder community there is top notch and will happily help you get a solid start. You can find them on the chat channel dimensionaddicts@deepwood. If you don't just want to take my word for it, youtube has a channel called Dimension Gallery. Stumbling on that was what sucked me in.
  • Options
    @PJ_Rydecker In EQ2, the place I spent the most time after my shop was the crafting hall. In Early SWTOR I was all about Huttball, and also took my swings at WoW PvP Battlegrounds and ranked League of Legends. In almost *every* MMO I've ever played... I would always start with a rogue type, just to go out and see parts of the game world that I could only even somewhat sanely be in thanks to the stealth skill. XD So yeah. I get that itch you're trying to scratch.
  • Options
    @Eragale It really isn't hard to see the writing on the wall sometimes, is it?
  • Options
    I have been looking for a game to replace SWG since they closed the servers.  As such I trawl the kick starters and YouTube channels for reviews of upcoming MMOs.  I believe I stumbled across one of @DeathsProxy early reviews of a game called Dark and Light and started following him for more info and suddenly AoC came along.   The rest, as they say, is history.  I love Crafting, PVP and PVE.  Every game I have played since SWG is good at one of those aspects and then duck tapes on the other 2.  This means I have to skip between several games to be able to do what takes my fancy on the day.  Oh and I had given up trying to find a game that has a good crafting/economy game....  Until now! If I.S. deliver their vision, I think I will finally be able to to play one game and have the freedom to chose how I spend my gaming time that  evening. :D
    Dark and Light..... The game that changed from an MMORPG to a generic survival meme.
  • Options
    Was surfing reddit when i saw the name mentioned. So i went on youtube and looked up "Ashes of creation mmo" and found @DeathsProxy videos around the time kickstarter just finished. 
  • Options
    Back in early 2017 a guild mate linked one of the promo's from youtube into discord, liked what I saw so went on and did some further research. Kickstart was a couple of months away so put some money behind it. I quickly realised the promise AOC held so upgraded my pledge to a lifetime sub and don't regret it for a second.

Just hope the promise this game holds can be delivered on.
  • Options
    Varkun said:

Just hope the promise this game holds can be delivered on.
    You and me both.
  • Options
    Hey @Belle-bot.exe ♡. How about you?
  • Options
    Anyone else care to share your stories? I've noticed some new faces.
  • Options
    I was playing a few games when I heard whispers of AOC. I stumbled upon DeathsProxy's vid and Cryy's vids about it and the rest is history. 
  • Options
    Back in the day (about 2 months ago) i had nothing to play.
    While searching for games i stumbled upon an artikle about "The MMORPG Hope Ashes of Creation".
    After watching most of the official videos of AoC i kind of got conviced finally for this game after watching the vids of @Krojak. I agree with his optimistic passion for this game.
    And after that i catched up on all of the AoC-Live-Streams and dug through the wikis. So much to watch, so much to read. 
  • Options
    I saw the kickstarter after watching a alpha/gameplay video (which I previously saw the thumbnail of a few day earlier and thought it's another eastern mmo), I checked the kickstarter then and something just clicked, it happened before when I was a kid and saw the Witcher 1 and 2 in a shop and immediately bought them a decision which I never regretted, not regretting this one either so far, ashes just seems to press all the right button for me.
  • Options
    I was browsing youtube for new mmorpgs and lazypeon's video got me in here. After i watched that very first video, i got really excited and started to search for more information. 
    Now, all my friends know about Ashes of Creation they might've gotten a little tired of my overenthuziastic view on this game.
    Plus, i try to follow youtube AoC dedicated Channels and read on discord to be up to date !

Cheers
  • Options
    I really dont remeber