Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How did you come up with your Alias?

Comments

• Options
    A certain video where the guy opens up with

"It's ya boi, MegaD e p r e s s e d"
    quickly became an inside joke
    KgCZila.png
  • Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    I am tall and i have big facial cheeks, hence The Big Cheeked Giant!
  • Options
    easyeasy Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    easylife wrote: »
    most people stress to much over little things. with a positive attitude life becomes easyer

Irrelevant.
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The one I have right now is from reading too much chinese novels... the one I will be using is from creative genius and inspired slightly from a place of which no mortal can speak of.
  • Options
    pjrydeckerpjrydecker Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well if you have watched Aliens. When the kids are playing in the corridors the manager points at them and says "Rydecker!" at exactly that moment I was trying to think of a forum handle for a little game called SWG and the rest is history. :)
    4ZZpOBh.gif
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A NigaHiga video XD
  • Options
    hacksawhacksaw Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I went through a lot of names early on in my WoW days. I normally used plain English words, like Superfluous, Wight, Board... I eventually settled on my Rogue, Hackneyed. When I was raiding or just casually chatting in Vent, no one could pronounce it correctly. It's supposed to sound like 'hack-NEED', but it was always said as 'hack-en-EYEd'... So everyone just started calling me 'Hack'. When I started testing for Wrath of the Lich King, I fell in love with the Death Knight class, and decided I would reroll. I wanted to keep the 'Hack' part of the name, but I didn't want to be like XxX~~Hack~~XxX or something silly like that.

Turns out, Hacksaw was available. And that's what I've had as my online handle whenever it's available. Sometimes, I have to settle for A_Hacksaw, or some other variant, but I make do.
  • Options
    ScythaScytha Member, Intrepid Pack
    When I got into gaming I wanted something that stood out and wasn't already a word. This is when I was pretty young though.

I started with definitely wanting a Y in there and worked on sounds around it. Thought that Scy was cool with the silent letter aspect but too short. And eventually landed on ScythA, with the capital A.
  • Options
    gaeleathgaeleath Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I wish i had made an Alias that was easier to pronounce. Nobody ever says it right.
    o5cyez1bnzal.gif
  • Options
    JokucJokuc Member
    Been using it for like 15 years. I literally just typed a bunch of random letters jokucehsljaelhweopah or something like that. The username window said it was too long so I removed some and was left with a nickname I'm using more than my real name. wtf man
    2030 release let's goooooooooooooo
  • Options
    JaminJamin Member
    When I was a youngster, I didn't realise Benjamin was one word. I believed "Jamin" was my middle name, therefore, as a nickname throughout childhood, this name suited perfectly for games. Short and sweet
    Jaminsyg.png
    "As you wish... I care not"
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Damokles is pretty selfexplanatory but okay.
    I really like the legend about the sword of Damokles!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    desseusdesseus Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I just tried to make something sounding from ancient Greece or Rome and ended with this.
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    Grisu is a dragon from a children series. He wants to be a fireman, even tho he is a firespitting dragon. Can also be pronounced like my actual name so it fits pretty well in several ways.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    My favorite character is Maximus Decimus Meridius from Gladiator. My dog Maximus is named after him. So now I just do a play on words for different characters based around that name:

Maximus
    Mack Simus
    Simus
    Simus Mack
    Simus Deathmax
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Gaeleath wrote: »
    I wish i had made an Alias that was easier to pronounce. Nobody ever says it right.

what are you talking about gayleaf?

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    tugowar wrote: »

what are you talking about gayleaf?

I read it gaylith.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I know the feeling, but I do get a kick out of listening to people try and pronounce mine. I get Azeroth a lot.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Kind of reading it as Geleth

Buuuut gaylet works too y'know c:
  • Options
    SgllsTaklnDuxSgllsTaklnDux Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    SeagullsTacklingDucks

I said it aloud while feeding ducks with the family. It instantly struck me as a great handle.
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Sggls2.png
  • Options
    SeagullsTacklingDucks

I said it aloud while feeding ducks with the family. It instantly struck me as a great handle.

...genius
  • Options
    The_HarbingerThe_Harbinger Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    persian wrote: »
    its a nickname I have kept for the longest time, but I just added 098 since it was already taken, although I wished I changed it Harbinger of Cataclysm. It's a name of this character that is... lets just say badass.

is it short for dill pickle

HOWD YOU KNOW?!
    I need not fear, for I am beyond fear - Eonoth the Old One of Corruption
  • Options
    cotukcotuk Member
    I was 12, played CS 1.6 back then I had nicknames that were basicly really generic and I wanted to come up with something uniqe and kind cool at the same time. I am russian speaking dude :) and first thing that I wanted is that my nickname would be spelled with english letters, but those letters would form perfectly readable word in russian. Letters that are interchangeble between those two languages are: Capitals (E, T, O, P, A, H, K, X, C, B, M) and lower cases (e, r, y, u, o, p, a, x, c, n, m). So the very first thing that I crafted fom this set was CoTuK. In english that would be pronounced as So-ti-k. In russian it means "a hundred" but like in urban-language context. ;)
    2a0jptg.png
  • Options
    voidshadowvoidshadow Member
    edited April 2019
    Mine was more like i always wanted to be Shadow but its a common video game alias so it was never available. And thus since i was pretty intrigued by the concept of the void or the Nether, the VoidShadow was born
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    DestregaDestrega Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Taken from a PSone fighting game, Destrega.
    oSEwU2T.png
  • Options
    chickachasechickachase Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My Nickname when I was in the army.
    HSGNewSignatureFormatChickaChaseApril12th2nd_Edition.png?width=1442&height=416
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I make a new name for every game I play, usually it's a slight variation of spin off of my last one. Made this one up.

Googled it and found out it's from some spin off of Doctor Who.

Too lazy to change it.

I'm being sued.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    There was a comic book called Poison Elves that began life as I, Lusiphur an elf who I shared enough personality quirks with. It sounds evil enough without actually being evil.
  • Options
    Because Straw Hats are dope (Need to change my username to straw hat)
    c8Ft6ax.png
  • Options
    ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One