[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ashes of Creation (Vanilla) Forums - How To Guide

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited August 2019 in Welcome & Rules
The Ashes of Creation forums are a great place to learn about the game and get involved with the community! Here's a quick guide on how to join in on the discussion.

Getting Started

First, set your forum display name from your profile here: https://accounts.ashesofcreation.com/profile
Then, log into the forum using your Intrepid account here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/
Finally, set up your forum profile here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/profile/preferences

From your profile you can edit your notification preferences, change your picture, change how your online status is displayed to other forum users, change your quote level settings (for ease of reading), change your signature, and add other users to your Ignore list.

You can view your forum profile here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/profile

Forum Rules & Code of Conduct

Before you dive into posting, make sure you read the Forum Rules & Code of Conduct: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/41679/forum-rules-code-of-conduct

Introduce Yourself!

Start off by introducing yourself in our Welcome thread here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/41681/welcome-introduce-yourself-here

Posting

To create a new post, choose your discussion category and click the New Discussion button on the right side of the page.

You can change your formatting and add emojis using the menu bar.

fwgQjIP.png

Embed hyperlinks in your post by highlighting the text you wish to link from, then click the link icon in the menu.

Pbu2Q11.png

Add images to your posts using the image icon on the menu. Note: You will need to upload your image to a hosting site and enter the image URL in the field.

LaWTUu6.png

Badges

As you comment and reply on the forums, you may find that you earn special badges! These give you a way to show off how active you've been in the community and how other members are reacting to you.

Qmtc00M.png

Kickstarter and Summer backers also receive Badges (and a Role) based on their backer status, so you can show off in style!

Best Of...

Sometimes a post is just so amazing, we want to highlight it! A Moderator or Staff member may choose to promote your post so it ends up in the "Best Of..." section, so keep an eye out to see what's being featured.

Have any questions about how to use the forums that we didn't cover above? Feel free to ask them below!
community_management.gif

Comments

• VirtekVirtek Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • ElderElder Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Good to see the forums back up, but I don't think I have my badges from the kickstarter. I do however have the role.
    Which is the greater folly, summoning the demon or expecting gratitude from it?
    gif.gif
  • AthetoAtheto Member, Intrepid Pack
    Thanks for the how to guide Toast. Much obliged!
  • timbatimba Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How can i show off my badges? Are they visible for others?
  • DeeDee Member, Alpha One
    Timba wrote: »
    How can i show off my badges? Are they visible for others?

They are visible when someone goes to your profile.
    Other than that, you can always just put images of them in your signature, if you really want to show them off.
  • timbatimba Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hmm, okay so it s only for my own ego :D.
  • GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    nice guide!
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • SolarisSolaris Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Been so long! Stumped as to why but glad forums are back!
    "Are you on the square? Are you on the level?"
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you for posting the basic how-to guide :smiley: This'll help some of the new people for sure!
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • BeyondBeyond Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Forums forums forums , very nice indeed
    mmD0muf.png

Heroes of Many Expeditions || EU || Exploration Oriented
    Guild Website || Guild forum post

• One small issue i had was the forums not functioning at all on my laptop. I can access the site and read discussions but can't post anything. Then again, my laptop is in its 6th year so maybe its just me. Works fine on the desktop though :D
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Nice ty for this info
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    One more for the comment count.
  • TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thank you for posting this guide. <3
  • sojourn85sojourn85 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I'm glad to see that the basics are being covered. It'll be great when everything is up and running smooth, like the forums. My AshesofCreation.com account page never seems to save my name. :smiley:

Gamer, Husband, Father, and Hard Working Individual. Let's have fun!
  • 000000 Member
    Noo, do the old badge survivor of old forum (old-old) now, just disappeared?
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    000 wrote: »
    Noo, do the old badge survivor of old forum (old-old) now, just disappeared?

everything is gone :(
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AdamusXAdamusX Member
    looks like i got alot of picture searching and signature contemplation in my near future!
  • ShadderShadder Member
    Would you kindly add a setting to change to a 24h clock? :)
  • TimekeeperTimekeeper Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sign me up!
    Twitch Channel:
  • Amazing rulls , hope every one get it tho , have fun and lets continue to explore :)
  • Elli SkyborneElli Skyborne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How do I connect my Ashes account to my Twitch account?
  • I was here
  • How do I connect my Ashes account to my Twitch account?minecraft apkp

Can we do that?
  • WatangkaWatangka Member
    hello am watangka, am new to this game but am very excited to play this magnificent game!