Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Forums versus Discord - Which do you prefer to get your game updates through?

Comments

• Options
    aevariaevari Member
    edited April 2019
    Forums.

Although discord is active and easy to communicate on, i feel its unprofessional and the discord tends to get flooded so its hard to keep track sometimes... especially when things get off topic in AOC discussion for example. (Don't get me started on all the gifs)
    "If you lose sight of something, the only person who can find it again is you"
  • Options
    Forums for me
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    nefelianefelia Member, Intrepid Pack
    Everybody has an internet browser. Not everyone has the Discord app. I wouldn't mind seeing updates posted via both forums and Discord. But if I had to limit it to just one media, I would choose forums in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
    edited April 2019
    Going to have to agree with the forums Being a constructive place, however it will not be safe from my gifs.
    tenor.gif
    I prefer discord. :)

+1 like because you're cool
  • Options
    tugowar wrote: »
    I'm hoping the forums become as reliable of a news source as discord is with the new CM team @MargaretKrohn @LieutenantToast

It'd be nice to not have to be on discord at all, even as PI!

@tugowar - As with everything we do, we plan to have our Website and the Forums be our main sources of information and funnel that information out to our social networks - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Discord, etc. ;)
    marketing.gif
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Discord has too many peeps trying to be funny or edgy and it takes away from any serious attempts to gain information or game mates... Imo.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm hoping the forums become as reliable of a news source as discord is with the new CM team @MargaretKrohn @LieutenantToast

@tugowar - As with everything we do, we plan to have our Website and the Forums be our main sources of information and funnel that information out to our social networks - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Discord, etc. ;)

Good to hear that the forums will actually get used this time around. That was a fairly large complain among people on the last forums. All the announcements were made on discord and the forums got forgotten.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    arzosah wrote: »

Good to hear that the forums will actually get used this time around. That was a fairly large complain among people on the last forums. All the announcements were made on discord and the forums got forgotten.

Agree, it's so refreshing to have this as the Official site for information.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

we had nothing on the old forums
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options

As you may have seen, we've already been following this type of communication pipeline for the past few months. For our big announcements, we have posted them on our website and funneled them out to our social networks. ;)
    marketing.gif
  • Options
    LuckyGeekLuckyGeek Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am much more likely to catch something on Discord....

Forums are cool though!
    On his one hand he wore rings of stone,
    iron, amber, wood and bone.
  • Options
    hikshiks Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    discord as i even get the updates on my watch
    hikssyg.png
  • Options
    XombieXombie Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This was a great tactic to farm likes, FUCK! How did I not think of this?!

I use both, if I was a more thorough and well thought out conversation, I’ll come here. If I want to be social and be voice chatting about the news, discord naturally.

But let’s be honest, anything is better than reddit, right? :trollface:
  • Options
    Summer LegacySummer Legacy Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Discord, this is Summer
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You're gd right! @XombieCrisis :)

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    MizieMizie Member
    I like the idea of forums but Discord is where it’s at for me.
  • Options
    sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I haven't used forums in a while, so Discord feels more natural for me. For news posts and announcements, it should be posted both on the forums and on Discord.

For casual talk, there is the Discord, for more serious threads, there are the forums.
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • Options
    ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We can have both, they don't need to do the same thing.

Forum for game updates, where we need more detail that we can digest in or own time.
    Discord for game (live) updates where we need a fast update on current status.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Forums are like writing something down on a bulletin board for people to read.

Discord is like shouting something at a party.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    xyxsxyxs Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Both would be nice
  • Options
    bluesmokebluesmoke Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    My preference is forums.
  • Options
    wait theres a discord?
  • Options
    Just in case you're not trolling:

https://discord.gg/AshesofCreation

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    @nick10281

that above message

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    ArkanthArkanth Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Forums for sure, it's just more organized.
    All Hail the Sky Fang Clan
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For me MMOs and forums go hand in hand
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    i tried to use Twitter, Facebook & Instagram but it made me feel old :sweat: jebbus i need sleep

AhuZFn7.gif
  • Options
    ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    IMHO Discord is easier to obtain updates due to the fact discord is a separate program running on my PC that when infact an update does roll around, it would be easier to notice a discord ping then a Forums Post.
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Options
    I wasn't trolling. I just didnt know.
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    I enjoy the forums more because I honestly don't have all day to sit in discord and be witness to everyone's ADHD.

The forums offer me a way to still be involved in dialogue and have a life outside. I can read it at my own leisure and not have to sift through 40 messages from edgelords seeking attention just to understand what's being discussed.

That being said, I'm more apt to notice a news update on discord. So there's a little merit to both.
    Aq0KG2f.png