Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, June 28, 2019 at 11AM PDT

MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
edited June 2019 in Announcements
2019_06_24_LiveStreamAndQNA.jpg?h=1920

Join us for our next live stream on Friday, June 28, 2019 at 11AM PDT! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Also, we'd love to answer some of your questions, so drop them here in the comments and we'll select a few of them to feature on our live stream! Submissions end Thursday, June 27, 2019, so that we can compile them! =)

See you on the stream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

----
Edit (Adding VOD for those who missed it live! =])
https://youtu.be/6CwaEg-b20k
marketing.gif

Comments

• HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Hi Intrepid,

Can you share with us, some of the biomes that we will find in Ashes of Creation?

You talked about dynamic destruction recently. Does dynamic destruction also affect ships?

Thanks!
  • azurlazurl Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can we have basements in our freehold houses?
  • malgusmalgus Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited June 2019
    Hello all hope you all having a great summer

I just wanted to ask is alpha 1 expected this year and if not how long do we see some mmorpg game play

Kind regards

Malgus
    Malgus_Carnyx.png?ex=6589b5fa&is=657740fa&hm=6165ef5455c2f25cb0ac93e39a9f24f652e13d9c02da2b5810117d6852c591f2&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1919&height=150
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    when is the ETA for the other classes
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • psym3xpsym3x Member
    Can we get an option in the settings to be able to "AUTO" hide the UI when we are not in combat? Something akin to the option in the Souls series and other RPGs. I keep on being told by the community just press a key bind for it instead but I am having an issue understanding why there is a problem in just having the OPTION. Thanks for all the hard work in creating the next big MMO.
  • CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited June 2019
    Do you not think having only the tank archetype able to main tank it will lower the % of possible tanks for group/raid content?

most games have multiple classes able to tank while we will only 1 of 8 archetype able to tank? Since we have been told before only tank archetype can tank.
    Kalez.png
  • soul123soul123 Member
    edited June 2019
    Are we able to learn Multiple professions? Or are we limit to a certain amount?
  • when will you show us some new gameplay photog for the MMORPG?
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2019
    Can you share with us the number of crew required to sail each size ship? (Small, medium, large)
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi Intrepid <3 Will you attend Gamescom 2019 in august ?
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • nerdifiedgeeknerdifiedgeek Member, Intrepid Pack
    Is it being considered to utilize NVIDIA's Ray Tracing technology?
  • burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One
    Will event triggered bosses, like the dragon that brings eternal winter for example, be open world bosses and will they only hold 1 life or have many lives? What I mean is, will loot go to the first who can kill it, or to whoever can kill it within a certain time frame?
  • SynzoaSynzoa Member
    Do you have a game plan for Dungeons?

Will there be exploration, puzzles, and traps?

Or will they just be the same old dungeons found in other MMORPG's...
    "linear grind fest of mobs/bosses rinse and repeat".
  • GhyxGhyx Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We have heard a lot about certain elements of the design philosophy since the KickStarter in 2017 (e.g., no P2W), which is great.

One development aspect I am curious about, which dovetails off this point, is what are the lessons that your team has learned from the mechanics of other games and game systems, and how are those lessons incorporated into the development process (bolded mechanics to emphasize I am not talking about general design philosophy)?

For example, the Azerite system in World of Warcraft has caused a lot of consternation for much of the community, and could provide a great opportunity for Intrepid to internally reflect on how they might think about progression systems in Ashes. Would love to get some insight into this process of learning from other games and game mechanics to make Ashes a better experience for everyone.

Thanks!
  • kaizokaizo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2019
    Hello, I have several questions for you. Are you inspired by the "art of war" of Sun Tzu for pvp combat? Will moving in (large) group will require resources or money for example. Other thing, who will command the troops during a node war? since all citizens can participate. if anyone can do it, the communication tools you've already talked about (a raid lead that can talk to different squads ect ...) will they be available to all citizens?
  • Kiryu_riyKiryu_riy Member, Leader of Men
    Can you say utility skills of rogue, bard and summoner pleas?
  • iliyailiya Member
    Can we expect updates on Castle Siege APOC after its release? Both balance updates and extra content such as new classes, additions etc?
  • Aertew2Aertew2 Member
    edited June 2019
    Will you take in consideration of the community how oldschool runescape does? Basically in-game voting for updates and changes? I feel like this would be a great way to get feedback.
  • CaelronCaelron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In the last Livestream you mentioned using the Agile Scrum project management method for handling the development teams.

Would you mind telling us the tentative topics for your next few "sprints", and possibly when the first goal of another round of alpha/beta testing would be?

Just trying to get a hint of the next few major schedule points for the team and what to expect for the next couple months... or maybe just two weeks. o:)
  • SolunaSoluna Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Could you pleeeeease add a dress with pretty wings to the shop? Or at least some more elegant dresses for female characters in general?
    Soluna_signature.png
  • Hey all,

What are the chances there will be a mechanic that allows us to have some choice on stance or how you hold a weapon. Very curious about how a character will look with a spear specifically. Standard two hand hold in from of you? One handed at your side? One handed with point towards the ground? Things like that?

Thanks
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will the Vek be able to receive prophecy? When they stargaze will something happen? Will they be able to do astrology?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What are the different mount types and are they useful at all stages in the game? If so, could you elaborate on each mounts strengths?
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited June 2019
    How will we capture animals? Will it be a menu that pops up and says, Fight, Capture, Run, or will there be traps like leg traps, snares, nets, and tiger pits that we put out?

When will you give us more detailed info on what we are purchasing in the cosmetics store?

fNX2ISa.png

• Well thanks for the airships that are going to be in game. I was wondering about air balloons with different color patterns if they could be put in game. I know you guys have like a full plate on your table but still think it would not be that hard to implement after making first air balloon.

Could always put them in after launch if you are to busy right now.
  • Could we get an example or two on how Bard music will work? Will they perform music with instraments, or will they act more like a traditional spellcaster?
  • Hi livestream! Can you tell us can we have action combat variant like in Guild Wars 2 with reticle targeting all the time ? "I am sure this will increase player ppl and thats my dream for your MMO :P !"
  • ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In the pre-alpha promo videos, you showcased a rogue using parkour to enter and navigate a city. Can you give us an update on the state of this parkour system? Is it scrapped, forgotten, in development...?
  • horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Will we have an adjustable UI and adjustable mission windows in Alpha 1 for us older gamers that can't read tiny print?