Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Anyone else feel its time to jump ship?

Comments

• Options
    HatchetHatchet Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Overall I think everyone should "jump ship" at some point. You cannot live off hype alone and eventual disappointment from lack of hype (or perceived movement forward) will taint your opinion if you choose to stay and wallow in it. Even more so as any negative opinion you have will be shouted down by evangelical supporters.

We are so far out from any meaningful game play that you can disappear for 6mo without missing anything important, return for an update and not come back for another 6mo. Repeat until you find something to peak your interest.
  • Options
    NoeSparksNoeSparks Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have my worries aswell. And i do feel like they have wasted some time here and there. But i dont think its time to just jump ship just yet, i can still see some promise.....but we have been waiting a long ass time for not rly much result. Thats for sure.
  • Options
    NarysNarys Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Personally I am in the game for the long haul and when I backed it, I knew it would definitely be a long term investment given the time it takes to make an MMO. I have faith Intrepid will deliver in time and am happy to wait.
    wtmb2cxjbyas.gif
  • Options
    @ torkel56...I think they are doing just fine for funding on this project, They have 150-200 people working on this now as last reported. Just to give you an idea of how well off this project started, they had a goal of 750 k for the kick starter. With just under 20,000 backers they pulled in $3,271,709. Game development is not cheap, and I know 3 mill will go fast, but my point is, that was just what was tracked by kick starter. There are no records of how much money they have made from selling all the packages and alpha packs. I would be so bold as to bet that this game has already made enough money to fully fund development through to the end at least 2 fold. So don't be so worried about them not having enough money to finish. The funds are there already. as far as jumping ship..... No mate,,,,,,, if you really love MMO's you already know, you ride that burning beast until it's finished, or an official post is released saying the game is canceled. I have been here since the first day of Kick starter, and I will continue to wait until I either get to play the game, or it is set in stone that the game is dead.
  • Options
    hm depends. If they scrap action combat (this has been stated multiple times for some reason as it is high possibility), I'll most likely jump ship as not only do I find tab target disgusting but also a feature that ruins one's immersion.
    signature.png
  • Options
    ShadowVenShadowVen Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    Nah, not time to jump ship, but I'm always available to throw people in this state of mind overboard. Why cast lots on who goes, when it can be you? =^_^=

I still have faith in Intrepid and their overall vision. Aside from a few mistakes and perhaps some date let downs, I feel very confident in their ability to not only finish this, but make it a great MMORPG.
    ... They have 150-200 people working on this now as last reported...

Forgive me if i've misunderstood what you were referring to, however If you were talking about the number of intrepid employees working on Ashes, i believe this is highly inaccurate. From the last stream on Aug. 29th, Steven said the new building they will be hopefully moving into in November, would accommodate up to 180 people (iirc). Realistically, I think the number is below 100 at this time.

I did like the rest of your comment btw ^^
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    To early in game to jump ship. Just wait till game comes out and try it for 15 dollars there will not be a box cost. So you can give a fair shake when the game comes out.
    Plus game is going to get a lot better we are just in alphas now so....
  • Options
    VirulentVirulent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • Options
    Just need to understand better how gaming development works:

Rule 1 - Take any date you are given and double it. If a dev says 1yr, assume 2yrs. If they deliver it on time, great, if they don't, they did as you expected. It is EXTREMELY rare for large projects to deliver on time.

Rule 2 - You generally don't play genuine Pre-Alphas for fun. It is for testing and early feedback. Unfortunately, things like Steam's "Early Access" has led people to believe that playing pre-release games is basically the same as the released game. Most people will not have experienced a genuine Pre-Alpha and know what it is like. Not saying you can't have fun, but don't expect it. Be ready to tell the devs how it could be more fun though! Basically, I do Pre-Alpha with a notepad next to me to take notes on. If I want to have fun, I go play something else that is finished and refined, unless you are a masochist of course. :-)
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I’ve got a lifetime sub so I can’t jump ship, I’m chained to the mast. :)

I’ve been disappointed by a number of things but really since we haven’t actually seen the MMO yet, I don’t know whether or not to be worried. Assuming we can play Alpha sometime next year and it’s close to what they promised, I’m good.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »
    I’ve got a lifetime sub so I can’t jump ship, I’m chained to the mast. :)

I’ve been disappointed by a number of things but really since we haven’t actually seen the MMO yet, I don’t know whether or not to be worried. Assuming we can play Alpha sometime next year and it’s close to what they promised, I’m good.

I know that feeling well
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    GorTavaroGorTavaro Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    not really
    U4DDl1E.png
    Heroes of Many Expeditions || EU || Exploration Oriented
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well, either the mmo is coming, just not as fast as people want, or these are the worst scammers ever. Just the upkeep to allow all the various faces we have seen in various livestreams would have blown through the crowdfunding and cosmetic cash long ago. We now have a November date for the move to the new studio, and we are sure to get a tour video of that. Just think of the cost of maintaining that illusion just so they can take your $25 for a cloak. Can't have it both ways, either it is all smoke and mirrors and we are all marks in a huge con, or they are doing what they have said they we're going to do, they just are finding it longer and harder to do than the original plan.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    PalorPalor Member
    edited September 2019
    Just stopped by to check on the progress. Nice thread :wink:

I guess forums got wiped or something? Says this is my first comment... lol I've only been gone a month or so from here. Hmm. Yeh, weird. I joined here and CoE the same day, thereabouts and that was April 2017. Looks like I lost all my post history and my joined date shows today, even though I just logged in and was not forced to create another account or anything. *sigh* Not worth my time to post here I guess. I'll check back in a few months.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Palor The forums underwent a retooling so they could add features like a single sign on solution for the eventual day when everything Intrepid is doing ties into a single place. The old forums are there, just archived. Sadly, any badges and progress from that time were reset with the new system.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes, this is a new forum. Just like New Coke!

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    @Palor The forums underwent a retooling so they could add features like a single sign on solution for the eventual day when everything Intrepid is doing ties into a single place. The old forums are there, just archived. Sadly, any badges and progress from that time were reset with the new system.

Ah, my bad then. Back when the first apocalypse test started and everyone freaked out thinking they were stopping the MMO and going just Battle Royale, I stopped coming by. I've only been half watching twitter to see how it was doing since then. Thanks for the FYI. Appreciate it.
  • Options
    Haha nothing to jump ship about, no other MMORPG to play
  • Options
    wildarms2wildarms2 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    since there is a 100% guarantee for the game been a great mmo there no point in jumping ship unless theirs a ice cream cart offing free ice cream bars
  • Options
    wildarms2 wrote: »
    since there is a 100% guarantee for the game been a great mmo there no point in jumping ship unless theirs a ice cream cart offing free ice cream bars

Well that's not true. We have no idea how ashes will end up so saying that the game will be 100% great is incredibly misleading
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    I jumped but the chain that is the 1k i put in drags me along :P
  • Options

That's a interesting way of putting it
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nagash wrote: »

That's a interesting way of putting it

kinda XD
  • Options
    nefelianefelia Member, Intrepid Pack
    Eager to see more MMORPG elements? Hell yes.
    Ready to jump ship? Hell no.

I put down $500 on a package (forgot the name of the package) with the full knowledge that the development would probably run into obstacles and delays aplenty. My expectations have been met.

I'll keep an eye on the development and jump in when testing does not require me to get up an an insane hour. But why the hell would I abandon a game that promises so many interesting and fun features?

I am patient. I will wait. :smile:
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Honestly now that apoc is about to hit 24/7 and remain there with luck, I can't help but feel things are starting to once again gather momentum. Not hype as such but certainly momentum.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well, we have to hope that they don't put so much focus on keeping Apoc playable 24/7, that it detracts significantly from developing the MMORPG.
    That's what happened with Landmark/EQNext.
  • Options
    mistymisty Member
    edited September 2019
    It depends on what you mean by jump ship because that phrasing is a little overboard. *wink*

I haven't been on the edge of my seat to begin with so when I do drop in for status updates there is enough to keep me satisfied and optimistic. I also have no issues with what they are doing as you do with the combat. I don't mind apoc as some others have. So I'm still on board.
  • Options
    Well I jumped a long ago and now I am more like floating behind the ship, meaning I´ll take a sneak peak now and then to check out the situation. I came for MMORPG, I got Apoc. Am I disapointed of Intrepid Studios actions? Yes I am. Am I going to play the game if it someday will release? I think so, not sure though, maybe depends are we going to see any other unpleasent surprises during development.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options
    So they reset our APoC levels and increase the xp needed pr level. That is BS. This is a scamming company. They are no better than Activion, EA and Bethesda
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Wait. How is changing something when going from an Alpha to a Beta a scam?

Also, do you feel the same way about the resets previously confirmed and intended to happen before release of Ashes? Or changes that should be expected from Alphas to Betas to release?

In am curious, i may have missed how this became a scam.

Did cosmetics paid for (and I think progression limits too maybe, I forget) not transfer from the testing to release? I could see why that would cause genuine concern and I would agree. If I paid for cosmetics in the beta and they were wiped and unavailable at release i would be upset.

Overall I am unhappy with the BR releasing on Steam before I even gain Alpha access to Ashes. Seems like a bait and switch, but that's just my opinion.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin