Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What do you want and not want in Ashes?

Comments

• Options
    Pvp where u can take ur opponents stuff Full loot ideal but just their inventory is cool too. This to make it feel like dying matters, and killing ur opponent gives you something. This also makes it more exciting being a gatherer since its more risk more reward.

That would make gathering high risk low reward, with much more reward in ganking than is really healthy.

The current plans allow for an amount of gatherables to be dropped on death, more than fair for PvP that isn’t necessarily encouraged. Sanctioned PvP will grant lots of resources in a way that’s encouraged. I don’t see why so many are calling for unsanctioned PvP to be given immense rewards.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Blueh wrote: »
    Want:
    • Pvp where u can take ur opponents stuff Full loot ideal but just their inventory is cool too. This to make it feel like dying matters, and killing ur opponent gives you something. This also makes it more exciting being a gatherer since its more risk more reward.

Yeah... exciting... Dont you rather mean: nervewracking and paranoia inducing? Do you actually plan to play artisan classes? IS already stated that killing people in pvp will drop a certain amount of materials from their inventory. But better watch out that you dont attack non-combatants or you will get corrupted, and corruption will lower your stats etc.
    Dont want:
    • Safe zone, if you are outside a town and offended me i will hunt you down. <3
    • To make the combat hyper balanced let characters be good at different things.

800px-pvp_flagging_diagram.png
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Speaking of ganking, I'd love if they took some inspiration from ESO and Archage about PK and thefts.
    2030 release let's goooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Jokuc wrote: »
    Want:
    • A raid boss that has such difficult mechanics that players probably won't beat it for a year

I think it sounds good only in theory. If I mean it literally, you will not find enough person who will fight against a single boss at least 3-4 times a weak for a year till they learn the mechanics to beat that boss.
    If I understand it differently and the progress guilds will need 1 year from the start, including leveling, gearing etc. If we count 2 month for them to max level and 4 another month to max gear. They still need 6 month to try a single boss to learn the mechanics.

If I translate the speed of a progress guild to myself, who is not a hardcore player, but skills and playtime is above average. This still means I need 3-4 month to max level and another half year to farm gear. I am open for a longer progression, but this is way too much.

Would you really enjoy to fight against boss for months without decent chance to win? I am not against it, but my estimation is that it will be less than 0,1% of players who will beat that boss. I think the developers can spend their time on much useful project.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Jokuc wrote: »
    Want:
    [*] Hidden jumping puzzles with decoration
    [*] A raid boss that has such difficult mechanics that players probably won't beat it for a year

1. Yes, please! I love the jumping puzzles in GW2 and it had a special feeling, when i found one as an asura right at the start of the beta, where they were still really new. It gives you the feeling of exploration and adventure that you just dont get normaly in my opinion.
    2. There is nothing that cant be solved with pure man power. Yes, there were bosses in WoW for example that took the different raiding groups ages(a few months for cthun etc i believe), but not because of the difficulty of mechanics, but rather because of the damage scaling and encounter tuning. Dont get me wrong, i love difficult bosses, but the rewards should be actually rewarding in the case of such a difficult boss.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    BluehBlueh Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Caeryl wrote: »

That would make gathering high risk low reward, with much more reward in ganking than is really healthy.

It makes gathering harder and in doing so makes it more valuable and better to gather and forces you to have tactics and awareness when gathering.

I know some ppl dont like pvp but the full loot pvp battles is such a rush it should be qualified as a drug. Escaping a gang of gankers when gatherng is so satisfying. planning and skill pays off.
  • Options
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    The worst of the worst, red templates that warns players from an incoming attack.
    No matter how hard PvE is, just NO!!!! Let us learn through trial & error, and intuition.

Example:
    A raid video. From my beloved, favorite MMO, that died after adding red templates by another company(?). Dragon Nest
    Dragon fight is at 20:37 minutes, all the fights were fun and challenging.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCHaDLUGqsY[/video]
    I'll probably post this in a separate topic later.
    Want:
    Rename Marriage to Soulmate because it's inappropriate, and preferably give them PvE-only spiritual skills that they both share CD.
    The idea is from an MMO called Asda Story. I added "PvE-only" to the suggestion, so players don't feel forced to it. In Asda Story this system was its main focus(I think), it shouldn't be as important in Ashes of Creation, but optional.

That being said, this system helped antisocials like me A LOT at making very close friends!!! It's unbelievably effective.

I can get behind the "no indicators thing", but seriously... why do you think that the word marriage is is "inappropriate"? I think that marriage should not give any kinds of buffs or advantages, because that would just force players to "marry" someone so that they had the same advantage as those that are already married... If you think that only PvP players are competitive, then you dont truly know the PvE player community...

The whole "soulmate" idea is also pretty ridiculous tbh. What happens if you "break up" with that person? Did you stop being soulmates with them? Are soulmates not supposed to be the "perfect match" for each other?

Please stop pushing that idea of a ridiculous system from a third rate game on Ashes...
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Caeryl wrote: »

It makes gathering harder and in doing so makes it more valuable and better to gather and forces you to have tactics and awareness when gathering.

I know some ppl dont like pvp but the full loot pvp battles is such a rush it should be qualified as a drug. Escaping a gang of gankers when gatherng is so satisfying. planning and skill pays off.

I feel like you have misunderstood the risk-reward balance because it very clearly is high risk, low reward. A ganker with no gatherables on hand has no risk, and high reward if they gank a player that's been gathering for half an hour.

You're asking for ganking to be a faster method of gathering than actually going out and gathering, which is a terrible approach if you want open world PvP to be something people actually have to give consideration to first.
  • Options
    torkel56torkel56 Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Want: Action Combat. Hardcore PvP.
    Not want: Tab Target

I dont want apoc action combat! I want a tab target system! Or more in a style of black desert combat. Agree on the Hardcore pvp.
  • Options
      Want:

[*] Want a good tab target system.
      [*] I would take Black desert action combat
      [*] Great crafting system were you have to do different thing in the world to get the mats you need.
      [*] I would like a system more like the wave surival system they got in lost ark were you can challenge yourself solo or in groups and see how far you can go.
      [*] Good PvP and bounty system.
      [*] I would like a good Summoner build were you can make your summons different from other summoners, can teach your summons different skills and spells. ( this will also vary on what you pick as a secondary class )
      [*] I loved the idea they had about a world that lives, and that it could come a big angry dragon or monster to fight a town.
      [*] Some great exploring and hidden items and puzzles that can spawn randomly in the world so its more special and people cant just go on google and find the hidden spots.
      [*] Balanced game.

Dont want:
      [*] Apoc in any way. I dont want the action combat that's there either.
      [*] Lies
      [*] Bad hybrid combat system
    • Options
      vorch21vorch21 Member
      edited October 2019
      Want:

+ Monk, Mesmer and Necromancer as primary archetypes(ex. monk+fighter=bruiser / monk+rogue -shadowfist/ monk+cleric=friar/necro+necro=archlich / necro+summoner=demonolog - warlock/mesmer+ranger=pursuer/mesmer+summoner=illusionist etc.)
      + Tab target(or hybrid)
      + survival/challeng. elements(serious traumas/ really strong curses/termal/weather conditions...)
      + Smart enemies with logical attributes/skills and gears
      + WORLD as part of CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT (players can get new abilities from ancient scrolls/books/collections/gods/cults/dojo/guilds/dif/. enemies/diseases/mutations/wandering teachers and other NPCs etc.
      + more rewards for "honorable" pvpers(depends on %hp/enemy lvl/number of enemies etc.)
      + many dynamic activities in open world
      + memorable locations/town music/NPCs and other audio-visual elements
      + authentic armor/weapon design
      + "oldschool" caves/mines/sewers etc. with complex structure

Dont want:
      + frogjumping in combat(aka BDO)
      + conc. on repeat. quests/ daylies etc
      + not-authentic armor/weapon design
      + "tunnel" dungeons

• Options
      edited October 2019
      vorch21 wrote: »
      Dont want:
      + frogjumping in combat(aka BDO)

Do you like the action combat in Apoc?

Is there any other games that have a good action combat that fits an mmorpg ? I think the combat in bdo is fluid and fast. It has flaws. I dont like all the insane "teleport" abilities that bdo have. Still think its miles ahead of what apoc have atm. Apoc combat seems to fit a BR game. But I wouldn't like to have that type of combat in an mmorpg.
    • Options
      @vorch21
      The problem with a necro archetype, is that they make the summoner then pretty useless... they have the same gameplay idea behind it after all xD
      a6XEiIf.gif
    • Options
      One of my wants is an active way to prevent Node improvement. The articles on destroying an improved node have already been published, but for me this leaves one important element out - that of preventing, slowing, or reversing the improvement of a node. This is aimed at those who see "civilization" and the advancement of nodes from wilderness to village to town to city as something to be avoided and prevented and want to do all that is in their power to hinder the nodes progression.

Currently their is a way to destroy improved nodes, but no mechanism to prevent, slow, or reverse improvement.
    • Options
      RavudhaRavudha Member
      edited October 2019
      Want: many viable gear options at max level instead of everyone going for that 1 'BIS' item
      Dayuhan wrote: »
      One of my wants is an active way to prevent Node improvement. The articles on destroying an improved node have already been published, but for me this leaves one important element out - that of preventing, slowing, or reversing the improvement of a node. This is aimed at those who see "civilization" and the advancement of nodes from wilderness to village to town to city as something to be avoided and prevented and want to do all that is in their power to hinder the nodes progression.

Currently their is a way to destroy improved nodes, but no mechanism to prevent, slow, or reverse improvement.

If people are gathering resources, which contributes to node development, you could attack their caravans transporting those materials and discourage further gathering. If an area becomes known for caravan harassment, future settlers may try to avoid it.

I can' really think of other options aside from PK'ing people in the area.
    • Options
      NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
      Ravudha wrote: »
      Want: many viable gear options at max level instead of everyone going for that 1 'BIS' item
      Dayuhan wrote: »

If people are gathering resources, which contributes to node development, you could attack their caravans transporting those materials and discourage further gathering. If an area becomes known for caravan harassment, future settlers may try to avoid it.

I can' really think of other options aside from PK'ing people in the area.

If you kill someone, you gain experience.

If you gain experience, the local node gains experience.

There is no way that we know of to remove experience from a node other than via siege.

You can also prevent a node from expanding by expanding the node next door to overtake the node in question.

Since basically the whole game is tied to nodes, it is highly unlikely that Intrepid would put in a mechanic to slow the leveling of them.
    • Options
      DayuhanDayuhan Member
      edited October 2019
      @noaani
      Yes, I agree with you that adding the ability to slow the leveling of nodes is unlikely, but since this thread was for "wishes" I was adding mine.

So, will have to work with what we got - The Wild Hunt it is!
    • Options
      FerrymanFerryman Member
      edited October 2019
      Ravudha wrote: »
      If people are gathering resources, which contributes to node development, you could attack their caravans transporting those materials and discourage further gathering. If an area becomes known for caravan harassment, future settlers may try to avoid it. I can' really think of other options aside from PK'ing people in the area.

I was thinking the same, distracting gathering and trading activities is one way to slow down the progression of nabours. However, I guess this needs to be quite systematic and have a lot of players involved to actually get some results. If few individuals tries to slow down the progression, that will most likely have almost negligible effect. Still I see this is totally doable together with other guilds for example.
      Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
    • Options
      VmanTXVmanTX Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
      I heard there will be NO STUNS IN AOC I am concerned. I think we all hate long stuns but 3 second and under stuns should be a thing.
    • Options
      VmanSF wrote: »
      I heard there will be NO STUNS IN AOC I am concerned. I think we all hate long stuns but 3 second and under stuns should be a thing.

There will be stuns, but there will be no long stuns.
      a6XEiIf.gif
    • Options
      I want more than six or eight people to be able to get flying mounts. A flying mount should be obtainable after max level and with considerable amounts of time and effort through different paths. For example, there should be one for top tier raids, pvp rankings, and tradeskilling. Perhaps three different mounts, but at least different skins. Vanguard: Saga of Heroes did this very well.
    • Options
      I most definitely want a freeform tab-target combat. NW ranged aiming is plain awful, I hope I have an option for tab-target because the aiming is horribly unforgiving with that tiny, messy reticle. /facepalm
      "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
    • Options
      mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
      This thread should just be called "General Discussion the mega thread"
      E6qgOoi.png
    • Options
      mrwaffles wrote: »
      This thread should just be called "General Discussion the mega thread"

Agreed, yep
    • Options
      Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
      1. I dont want to be forced to do raid content to get pvp related gear. Please don't do this.
      2. I dont want to be the main savior of the world. I want to be a part of it not its sole savior.
      3. Plenty of explorable areas with meaningful quests.
    • Options
      Honestly... I don't want micro-transactions as they break the immersion for me... But I guess it's gonna happen anyway, since people want to pay for it...
    • Options
      KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
      Want: Action Combat. Hardcore PvP.
      Not want: Tab Target

I'm torn on this one. Tab target has its moments. I don't want an mmorpg that feels like a shooting game. With 500 people on screen, sometimes tab targeting is the only way to play the game with all sorts of lag for some people. I definitely don't want full on tab target but as a tank, I was to be able to tab target, harpoon/pull the right mob or player and then skillfully destroy them. there can be a harmony between both.

To answer the OP. I want AoC to come out and impress millions. I don't want to have to wait forever for this haha.
    • Options
      What I want to see in AoC? A great community and fun things to do.

What I don't want in AoC? Is a bunch off noobs telling me how their FPS arena battles are better than MMORPG adventuring.