Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, February 28, 2020 at 11AM PST

Comments

• George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited February 2020
    Are you interested in opening a Dev Discussion that would cover gear enchantment?

Some games have very tedious gear enchantment systems that requires constant gear enchantment. (ArchAge)

Other games require more effort in gaining/crafting the gear, with a one of task to enchant that gear with bonus(es) that suit a playstyle. (Line][Age)
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    edited February 2020
    Greetings, here is my question:
    Is there going to be a whole underworld for the people that want to play the role of the mercenary or villain?
    For example black markets, illegal brawling clubs, lawless island for pirates etc or is the thieves guild the only "clandestine" kind of content that is planned for now?
    Saludos from Mexico :#
    giphy.gif
  • ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How much progress will be account based versus character based?
  • RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited February 2020
    Any hint on when we'll see Religious and Military node blogs?
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If we have multiple of the same cosmetic items (i.e. griffons and cloaks from giveaways), do you get to equip multiple characters or do they all count as 1 item in inventory (as in no matter how many you have, only the first one counts)?
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be the polymorph ability in Castle Siege?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• What did you learn from the last Dev Discussion, regarding your favorite and ideal classes?
  • Will there be world raid bosses that will take long time period to respawn (like linage 2) and you're guild or alliance have to secure it (PVP with other guilds) and get epic loot?
  • vahrovahro Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Are there any plans for speech bubbles or other instruments (best solution optional, because some love them as me, but also some doesn't like it) to the the local (say channel) written text above (or near) the character. As a roleplayer i love this feature and would love it to see it in this game :)
  • Will there be a pass to scale down the effects of spells and weapon (vfx) ? from my perspective it looks too shiny, too colorful, too big.
  • FluffyButWholeFluffyButWhole Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2020
    Hello, Not sure anyone asked this already, I can't really remember if it's been talked about.
    Question: Will there be some sort of accaunt warehouse where you can share all your stuff betwine the characters on that accaunt?
  • Will I be able to freely roam around (like a nomad) and still get the sense of progression throughout the game? If I do so, will I feel left behind from other players?
  • Will we have to use the tab key to select a target or will the ‘action stance’ have a soft target locking like in single player RPGs for selecting targets
  • caedwyncaedwyn Member
    edited February 2020
    for some reason my message was sent twice, please dont mind this one
  • leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Part of the kickstarter was in depth economic metric and systems. Like items listed on the auction house, will we be able to see the price history on a chart, an perhaps use moving avareges and draw trend lines?
  • reighendreighend Member
    edited February 2020
    Because the environment always react to action taken, there is a chance something will be permanently missing or cant be obtained, how will you balance out for those who starting the game 3 or 6 month or more after the game launched?
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven, Toast and Jeff which class has been your favourite to play during the A1 closed testing? and why?
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • kryPrimkryPrim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can we see models of the MMO packages that we can buy or are they only finished on paper? Before buying, I would like to know what the product looks like as a model because I can see more there. :)
  • BeorBeor Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    Which kickstarter goal is going to be the most challenging to develop successfully and why?
  • EvachEvach Member
    edited February 2020
    Will there be weak spots for NPC's. (3 Part Question)

Both elemental or slicing vs blunt damage, and also hit markers like headshots, back attack, lopping off a tail, etc.

Mechanics for extra damage and/or changing the dynamic of fighting tougher npc's (Dragon's Dogma).

Does this also apply against player characters in pvp, and npc scoring lucky hit on players.
  • Lord SiroLord Siro Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When will we get a more in-depth look at classes/sub-classes?
  • will it be possible to change skill loadouts eg cleric healing from a st heal loadout to a AoE one or indeed one that focus more on dealing damage rather than a combo of them all? if So can they be saved and will they allow points to be changed in the skill tree and different augments for each different loadout?
  • DarakrisDarakris Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2021
    Will you add features to share your house, decorate?
  • Hey everyone!
    So for my questions, they are very different from one another but i still gonna ask them in once post!
    #1: Will there be Items, that will be designed to hide is in specific environment or hide our Name?
    To execute an ambush (something similar to the Ghili-Suite in Black Desert?)
    #2: Is there going to be a general "hunting-Profession" beside only fishing? And how will it play into the Economic-System diffenretly from regular Mob-kills and their loot?
  • LifetreeLifetree Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Do equipment have socket that you can equip gems or crystals like Diablo and Black Desert?
  • RageskylarRageskylar Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited February 2020
    You don't have to give an exact percentage or number but in an estimate how much progress is there currently for sailing, its systems, ships, and cosmetics for various ships?
  • AscyllAscyll Member
    edited February 2020
    Hi there!

Question
    Will there only be a few selected mobility spells (those stated in the wiki), or are we, aditionally, going to be able to weave in and loop class specific movement skills?
    Certain games have iframes and dashes for movement - but in addition to that, you can also weave in (relatively low cooldown) attack abilities to create a movement loop. This makes combat fluid and fun.

Additional Information
    Why that would be a good thing:
      [*] avoids the awkward use of one mobility spell and then running and bunny hopping away
      [*] allows for a more realistic experience (given the nature of a MMORPG)
      [*] allows players to follow up to a player that has been knocked away
      [*] given that all classes can have this - it's much more interesting than just standing, running and teleporting once every 10 seconds
      [*] fights are way more intense
      [*] rewards reaction time as much as strategy and positioning
      [*] camera movement finally becomes important
      [*] faster pace
      [*] MMORPG community will differentiate AoC from other games that chose running and standing still (FF14, ESO, WoW - basically any mmo that isn't bdo or tera which both use this system)

[*](This is a core reason why bdo/tera are praised for their combat)

Examples:

https://imgur.com/a/DX9hQ1G

Thanks for your time!
    • BobzUrUncleBobzUrUncle Member
      edited February 2020
      Is there anything you can share with us about the enhanced mounts unlocked in the Kickstarter? I hope that the group mounts are rhino or elephant sized.
    • Will there be things in game for people who like to collect things? Not mounts and pets but small things like books, artifacts, rarities ect. that have small rewards for completing sets.
    • The Dev discussion about equalization make me wonder more about the repatriation of difficulty.

Based on what has been shared.
      Difficulty within nodes rose with their lvl.
      Within a node, areas are defined as more difficult or less ( roads forests mountains ect )

This means that at least for the first half year after the start of a server , the starting area around gates will be surround by high nodes.

My question : Will there be a difference of difficulty between a metropolis near the elf gate and one in the far end of the snow area? Or are you confident that a common difficulty around the world of Verra, with only a rose of difficulty with node lvls, won't be obstacle for new players entering the world or the veterans seeking new content in the far end of the world ?