Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dev Discussion #14 - Content Level Equalization

12346»

Comments

• Options
    equalization has a down side.. meaning the progression feeling is gone..

You can go to content which you basicly already done when you were low level.

upside.. more content is avail to you even when high level..

I am not a fan of equalization, but i do expect to most content being in the meta content of the game
  • Options
    WizardTimWizardTim Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2020
    noaani wrote: »
    wolfwood82 wrote: »
    IMO the arbitrary level system has always been one of the biggest weaknesses in MMORPG design since EQ1.
    If you look over all the longest running MMO's out there (EQ, EQ2, WoW, Runescape, LotRO), the one thing they all have in common is a vertical progression system - it's possibly the only thing they all have in common.

I can't name a single successful MMO (live for more than 10 years) that didn't have vertical progression is the primary form of progression.

Because of that, I'd say it's a bit out of place calling that a weakness in MMO design, and if that is what your opinion is, that says more about your opinion than it does about vertical vs horizontal progression systems.

To your last point, the answer to stopping level 50's running through a level 20 zone killing everyone is not to remove levels from the game.

That isn't like cracking a nut with a sledgehammer, that is like cracking a nut with some C4.

Way to completely ignore the points you can't address directly.

You are a super mature and intelligent individual, and deserve a Nobel Peace Prize.

I'm just going to follow your stellar example, and disregard your "points".