Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Friday, May 29, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• WiccaSlothWiccaSloth Member, Intrepid Pack
    Tanking related question: Will Tank/Tank (Guardian) be the end all be all best tank? Or will the other variations be able to hold their own? Also, will [Anything + Tank] be viable in endgame like Summoner/Tank for ex., or are we stuck to just Guardians? I'm excited to get into A1 testing and, when possible, try every possible Tank combination! Thanks in advance and Thank you again for restoring my faith in the genre. :smile:
  • Will the user interface be limited to the 12 buttons we have continually seen in all of the videos so far (1-0, Q/R)? If so, what is the reasoning for this?

To me, this limitation removes the dynamics of most classes and could very easily cause gameplay to become very stale, very quick.

Thanks,

Fauxe Fyre
  • First I just want to thank everyone at intrepid for all the dedication and passion for this game. My question is about the class system particularly, if im a mage and my weapon is a bow can i imbue my bow with fire, lightning and or, ice magic to shoot fire arrows and ect.
  • RavudhaRavudha Member
    Can naval caravans only be summoned at a port/harbour like other ships or is it an exception to the rule?
  • grumplegrumple Member
    could there be some sort of real balance between combat and non-combat gameplay? like: you get into the game empty handed and have to choose whether to start the game with either artisan tools or weapons, getting the respective other later on / shortly after. or: you can only reach the very highest tier of either crafting or fighting skills, so that the best items in the game are only available through players with an artisan main character. you know, just to kick off a little revolution in mmos:)
  • Will players be safe from PVP while fishing?
  • Hey, you said there is going 2 be a "Black market" and u said that corrupted players will be killed by the guards on sight. Will there maybe be some kind of items that mask you pvp status and u appear as non-combatant so u can maybe trick the players, like going deep in the woods 2 get some rare ore and u kill them and keep it for ur self, or get 2 the town safely so u can do what u need 2 to in towns... ofc somehow balanced xD.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited May 2020
    Hi team. Thank you for bringing back the mmorpg genre with your work, I cant wait to play the game with my friends.

My question is: why does the whip ability animation causes the weapons to dissapear from the hands of the character?
    For magic it makes sense, but will some warrior class/weapon abilities cause our weapons to dissapear during ability animations?
  • flameh0tflameh0t Member, Braver of Worlds
    Could we get some clarification on the Name Reservation system and how that will work? I understand it will be a pack-tier first come, first served.. but how to actually go about it?

Will it be just an email from you guys with a blank spot saying Enter your desired name reservation here and we will apply it on your character when you get to the character creaction menu in-game? Or do we have to reach the in-game character creation menu to be able to use our name reservations?

And will the Reserved name, if used on a character during Alpha/Beta testing, be wiped with each of the resets before actual game release? Or should we not create a character with that reserved name until actual game release?
  • JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What was(is?) the most challenging or annoying part about working from home during this time?
  • Will the News page start getting used again? The last actual article was March 3rd about the creation of the Scalerunner. Even the Creative Director's Letter was almost 2 months ago.
  • soul123soul123 Member
    Will there be any best in slot weapon or armor for a specific type of monster? Example: A dagger that stats aren’t the best, but providing enough of a bonus damage to undead creatures to make it best in slot for undead.
  • RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What's the difference between hard and soft Crowd control skills/abilities/spells?
    2PXdm1m
  • AntVictusAntVictus Member, Alpha One
    This is more of a wholesome question, than a game Question. Seeing all of the leaks in the past month, and seeing the overall reaction from people (specifically in the discord and others around the net), how does it feel for you guys and gals to see your soon to be players excited? Especially from Steven, how amazing is the feeling of it all?
  • l3v3rag3l3v3rag3 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Character slot limits and why
  • Will Class Augments affect the spell/combat animations for each Archetype making them completely different and unique or simply a different color flair depending on the primary Archetype?
  • swooxieswooxie Member, Intrepid Pack
    Will dungeons have a secret/hidden rooms, which can be discovered?
    For example the BR shrine.
  • OnaldOnald Member
    edited May 2020
    Really cool to see the progress so far!
    How dangerous will the creatures in the world be?
    I ask this because being at some risk makes the game more rewarding (ups and downs) and incentivizes to help other player and group up. Unlike for instance modern WoW where you can pull 5 mobs and kill them while playing with one hand and drinking a cup of tea.
  • edited May 2020
    Will you be able to have someone play a war song (e.g. play drums), as you engage onto your enemy, to strike fear into their hearts during a massive group fight like node or castle siege
  • AuronAuron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will you be able to have someone play a war song as you engage onto your enemy during a massive group fight like castle or node siege?

Give bards a horn as an off-hand weapon and make them blow it for various buffs. Customize the horn sound depending on the race playing it. :o
    Auronsyg.png
  • AlyerialAlyerial Member
    edited May 2020
    I've seen footage of raid bosses and sieges on land, but will there be content made available for those who wish to spend most of their time on the open sea? Have you discussed the possibilities of naval raid encounters or provisioning efforts - such as a Kraken encounter or "big game" fishing like whale hunting?
  • azurlazurl Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can you make it possible to export our characters as 3d printable models, maybe monsters as well for use as minis in D&D/Pathfinder type games?
  • GirraGirra Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be addons / dlc later that enlarge the world of verra?

• How will gathering capacity work with the caravan system? Will say lumberjacks have to keep making trips back to their storage?
  • azurlazurl Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How will gathering capacity work with the caravan system? Will say lumberjacks have to keep making trips back to their storage?

that's what mules are for. I think it was mentioned that you can carry x, mules can carry 10x. and caravans 100x or something like that
  • ZephlarZephlar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be airship travel between 2 scientific metropolises if one is in the underrealm?
  • LifetreeLifetree Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi, is there going to have Disease, Sickness, and Pandemic in the game?
    That can come from Unclean Towns, Peoples, Monsters, Foods, and others?
    Just like Corrupted Blood Incident or Covid-19.
    I think it would be Fun and Interesting in some form or others.
    Thanks.
  • leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    To future-proof the graphics side, will some form off Ray Tracing, global illuminuation, .. be a thing in the future? Even if it is in 5 years or something
  • SarevokSarevok Member
    Do you need more people to test your Alpha?
  • GloryGlory Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will any class, or class combination, in this game be primary "damage over time"?