Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

So "Alpha 1" is up for sale....Again?

Comments

• AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As extremely limited as it was (and I mean there was no game, just the ability to walk around an empty area for 30 minutes at a time) I really enjoyed the 2nd wave of Beta for Star Wars Galaxies. It was such a small group and we got to see things nobody else could see until months later. And we had an immediate and important impact on development at that time. It was more memorable than any finished game I’ve ever played.

Hhak63P.png
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Atama wrote: »
    As extremely limited as it was (and I mean there was no game, just the ability to walk around an empty area for 30 minutes at a time) I really enjoyed the 2nd wave of Beta for Star Wars Galaxies. It was such a small group and we got to see things nobody else could see until months later. And we had an immediate and important impact on development at that time. It was more memorable than any finished game I’ve ever played.

Kind of sounds like Alpha 0.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Member
    edited August 2020
    GemiiChan wrote: »
    Why even announce that it may be returning when you havent even rolled it out to Leader of Men package users? It just doesnt make sense to me regardless of intent or considerations. Had this announcement come after all packs that received this invite got into Alpha 1 - I would have said nothing, side-eyed it, but would have said nothing.

I understand that Alpha 1 isnt exclusive, although given the history exclusivity doesnt mean much - im all for letting people in. This same argument was used by the same people who wanted a Summer Sale shop and didnt even support it! I backed the game, I want its success but Im not about to standby and Fan-girl when I see things that need to be addressed.

Hmm, I don't think anything was said on the strategy of the Alpha-1 resale. Heck, we don't even have confirmation of it's resale. So we dont know if Alpha-1 will be rolled out as a pack sale, or upgrades from KS packs.

By your logic of "don't speak before you've started", Steven shouldn't even be "announcing" endgame content/plans without "rolling out early game". Regardless of "intent and considerations". (I hope here you could see how silly your complaint sorta is :/).

Plans change, nothing is set in stone. Steven has done nothing wrong as the KS were never promised "exclusive access" to Alpha testing. Heck if you're upset about this, you're gonna kick yourself when you find out that Alpha-2 will be persistent. Meaning more chances or Alpha-2 resales!!

Anyways have a blessed day, friend :).
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    Atama wrote: »
    I’m a Braver, here is the list of rewards at my level:

Invite to Closed Alpha - Phase 1 (Earliest Access to Ashes!)
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Lifetime subscription to Ashes of Creation!!
    Access to Live launch head-start - 2 days early!
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Dawnbreaker Epic mount
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Character Royalty Costume
    Guild Name Reservation - 1 Name reserved
    Monster Tokens x 5 - Elite Tier
    Unique "Braver of Worlds" forum badge
    Unique in-game character title "Braver of Worlds"

Notice that a number of things were KS exclusives. But not Alpha 1 access. I never pledged thinking that it would be the only way to get in Alpha testing, since that wasn’t what was promised. If Intrepid allows more people into Alpha then that is a very good thing because it means that the game is stable enough to allow for more concurrent users. It’s a sign of progress.

Am I a little irked that I’m not actually getting first access to the game? Yes, that actually is a broken promise, just as the lifetime sub being exclusive to KS was a broken promise. Intrepid has definitely shown to not be 100% trustworthy (sorry Steven but it’s true, I still love you man) but it’s not enough for me to lose faith, not even close.

Please tell me thats a mount skin and not an actual mount as they have been going on and on about the store only having skins and not actual mounts...
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yes, it is a mount skin, not an actual mount. Can be coloured by the owner. Tis a gliding mount cosmetic.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nice to see you @GemiiChan ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    [quote="George Black;c-233097"

I got a $500 because this is the first time I believe in a new mmo. I want to test and provide feedback.
    If more people come to test paying $500 or upgrading, sweet. End of story.
    As if Ill give a damn about whether other people get the Spellbreaker gauntlent. Seriously? We are hire to find bugs and help the devs and people refuse to more testers coming?
    Meanwhile there's still war in syria.
    People, get your shiet together and stop being offended and feel victimized.
    To hell with your sense or privilege when it comes to cosmetics in the packs. Once more, they never said the salea were final.
    Promising exclusive rewards with a time limit absolutely increases sales. If IS changes that, then there will be a decrease in those sales in the future. For example, I carefully considered waiting to see if the Braver of Worlds package would become available later. If I thought it would have, then I absolutely would have waited to make the purchase.

Saying that a sale was a Kickstarter exclusive does mean that it will not be sold later.

Limited time sales and exclusive rewards are selling techniques used to increase sales. You can like them or not; however, the techniques do not work if IS backs out on the deal.
    edited August 2020
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    jubilum wrote: »
    ... just as the lifetime sub being exclusive to KS was a broken promise.

How do you get a lifetime sub after Kickstarter? Unless you mean that you can upgrade a lower package, in which case you are correct as far as the time limit, but you still had to make a contribution during Kickstarter to have the option for the Kickstarter exclusives.
  • LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Just charge more, a1 from KS becomes a premium for being there early.
    Dont add alpha 2 players. We didn't pay for alpha 1 so we don't deserve it.
    Nothing wrong with what they're doing with reselling IF needed.
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
    Lafi wrote: »

Why unless they are deperate for money just invite a random selection of alpha 2 people.
  • LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Aardvark wrote: »

Why unless they are deperate for money just invite a random selection of alpha 2 people.

So instead of paying the 350 or however for alpha 1, random alpha 2s get it for 125?
    And you see that as fair?
    Get what you paid for. Dont try to cheek for more free stuff its just gross.
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
    edited August 2020
    Some paid $375 for Alpha 2, if it is a package upgrade then it should be an extra $125 to gain access to Alpha 1. That is irrespective of any extra boons, simply an upgrade from Alpha 2 to Alpha 1. I do not understand your logic that some could pay less for Alpha 1 while some should pay more for Alpha 2.

I do not care particularly if Alpha 2's can't upgrade to Alpha 1 - Its not like Alpha 1 will have an NDA, but, I wouldn't expect to be milked for cash to upgrade a package if the package is available.

Edit: I do not agree with the people who request Alpha 1 at double the price either.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Dont try to cheek for more free stuff its just gross.
    While I agree with this, so is complaining that someone else got a free thing that you didn't.
    edited August 2020

So instead of paying the 350 or however for alpha 1, random alpha 2s get it for 125?
    And you see that as fair?
    Get what you paid for. Dont try to cheek for more free stuff its just gross.

One alpha 2 is currently $250 and two unless they are doing a desperate money grab who sells testing stages for hundreds of dollars. By testing and giving good feedback you are doing them a favor.
    edited August 2020
    One alpha 2 is currently $250 and two unless they are doing a deperate money grab who sells testing stages for hundreds of dollars. Most games its either included with preorder or $5-10 option. Everything about the KS looks like they really needed money even though they claim they did not.

Yeah, I forgot the second highest package was $250 Dollars, which should mean to upgrade to Alpha 1 from that pack should be around $250 Dollars, if we take the $500 Alpha 1 Packages as a bench mark. I suspect one wouldn't have to upgrade to Voyager Plus and then Upgrade to Alpha 1.

I do not see how IS is desperate for money. Steven literally says in most interviews 'I don't mind if people buy in or not, I've funded the game to completion.'

I do not see how IS granting the player base further options and access to Alpha 1 would be bad for the player base. If the same rewards were available there could be a case, but, Steven said the Alpha 1 Package will have fresh options with it, so I don't understand the issues of Alpha 1 Pack Resurrection.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
    Neurath wrote: »
    One alpha 2 is currently $250 and two unless they are doing a deperate money grab who sells testing stages for hundreds of dollars. Most games its either included with preorder or $5-10 option. Everything about the KS looks like they really needed money even though they claim they did not.

Yeah, I forgot the second highest package was $250 Dollars, which should mean to upgrade to Alpha 1 from that pack should be around $250 Dollars, if we take the $500 Alpha 1 Packages as a bench mark. I suspect one wouldn't have to upgrade to Voyager Plus and then Upgrade to Alpha 1.

I do not see how IS is desperate for money. Steven literally says in most interviews 'I don't mind if people buy in or not, I've funded the game to completion.'

I do not see how IS granting the player base further options and access to Alpha 1 would be bad for the player base. If the same rewards were available there could be a case, but, Steven said the Alpha 1 Package will have fresh options with it, so I don't understand the issues of Alpha 1 Pack Resurrection.

If they are going to do that you should get the whole list from the $500 pack including the 2 day headstart.
    Well, my focus is quite narrow. We won't see old Cosmetics return (I imagine), we won't see Lifetime Subs return (I imagine), so I'm not sure how IS will play the situation. Of course, Ashes have a plethora of options they could throw in to sweeten the upgrade, I'm personally not one for the 2 day Head Start (I don't like to be restricted by server or progress and the Head Start means you can't level Nodes or go beyond level 20 etc).

I would pay for a Lifetime Sub but the rest of the old packages I'm not too fond of. Though, if I could upgrade to Alpha 1, do upgrade to Alpha 1 and accept the Alpha 1 Package, it's not necessarily the rewards I would stoop for, but, the Alpha 1 itself.

It depends whether they price Alpha 1 Access solo or decided to build a Package Deal.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • grisugrisu Member
    edited August 2020
    tenor.gif

The issues people have because they can't be arsed to read what exactly was written or said. mimimi
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
    Its not always a case of not reading what was written or said, it is sometimes a case of giving feedback and unveiling urges. I also don't get the image reference...Do you advise we all have a beverage and chill out?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Yes it is, OP claims multiple times Alpha access was a time limited thing never to be seen again, which is blatantly false. Everything kickstarter exclusive was very prominently marked as such. Literally every line starts with Exclusive, if it is intended to be exclusive to the Kickstarter. The mere existence of Summer backer should support this enough.

End of story. There is no feedback to be given when your statements are founded on false accusations. Steven clarified it once again so I'm not gona bother more than showing what OP should have read in the first place.

Unbenannt.png
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
    False Accusations? What the hell are you on about? OP stated she hasn't been invited to Closed Alpha yet, and, thus is a simple fact. It makes no sense because it was stated 'Earliest Access to Ashes' yet Braver of Worlds are scheduled for access in/around Fall.

Personally, I don't particularly care at all about Alpha 1, what I want to test is in Alpha 2, but, you can not demand the end of feedback because you would like to kibosh the discussion.

OP might have stated the Alpha 1 was time gated - and, it was time gated at that point. I don't see an Alpha 1 Package available, and it wasn't available when I bought into Ashes. The point is everything is subject to change in terms of development and again a time gated Alpha 1 will become available - You can't really sell Alpha 1 after Alpha 1 ends.

I'm happy Steven has clarified Alpha 1 Packages may reappear if testing goes well, because, it means the testing has gone well which we all want. Also because some people do want Alpha 1 Access who were not aware of the Kickstarter back when Kickstarter happened.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • TPOTK1NGTPOTK1NG Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Honestly just seems like gatekeeping from OP.

The game blew up and many people who didn't find out about the game until now shouldn't necessarily be excluded from Alpha 1 if Steven and his team deem it manageable to add further players to the Alpha 1 testing group.

Personally I bought the $375 pack because after finding out about 2 weeks ago during the Summit and Shroud interviews I was fascinated and obsessed with the concept for the game. I've stopped playing MMO's up until now because they just lacked the immersion I believe I see in this game. I would easily pay to upgrade to Alpha 1 if it becomes available because I believe in the product in and the game. Had I known about it from the start I would have bought into Alpha 1 when it was available.

Steven can do whatever he thinks is necessary with the game and its within his rights to reverse any prior decisions in the name of progressing the game. If they would like to expand Alpha 1 to those willing to pay to gain even more feedback then they are welcome to do it even if it goes against existing promises.
    I agree TPOK1NG, I wouldn't however buy the new Alpha 1 Package if I couldn't upgrade. Not because of the financial constraints but because I have Cosmetics in my Inventory and wouldn't be sure If I could keep my old Account while making a new account.

I wouldn't want to buy two packages if that makes sense but I would upgrade my package. I do think Ashes has great potential though and also bought the maximum package I could buy when I bought. I also would have bought a bigger package if I'd have known about the Kickstarter at the time.

Oh well, I believe in the risk/reward aspects and sometimes one isn't the early bird.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • I would happily pay 500$ for A1 access alone, no cosmetics, no titles, no nutting. Whoever has it, you should be happy.
  • TPOTK1NGTPOTK1NG Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Neurath wrote: »
    I agree TPOK1NG, I wouldn't however buy the new Alpha 1 Package if I couldn't upgrade. Not because of the financial constraints but because I have Cosmetics in my Inventory and wouldn't be sure If I could keep my old Account while making a new account.

I wouldn't want to buy two packages if that makes sense but I would upgrade my package. I do think Ashes has great potential though and also bought the maximum package I could buy when I bought. I also would have bought a bigger package if I'd have known about the Kickstarter at the time.

Oh well, I believe in the risk/reward aspects and sometimes one isn't the early bird.

From what I understand he is saying you won't have to buy another package at the higher price point. You'll just be paying the difference between what you have and what you want. So from the 375 to 500 you just pay the 125.
    TPOTK1NG wrote: »
    From what I understand he is saying you won't have to buy another package at the higher price point. You'll just be paying the difference between what you have and what you want. So from the 375 to 500 you just pay the 125.

Okay, it sounds cool. Will wait to see what is on offer, I don't just blanket buy, I buy what inspires me. We'll see what the future holds.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Gemiichan is totally right, I didn't even buy the game yet and I felt bad for people who bought early packs. Peoples loyalty and faith in ur company needs to be rewarded, they didn't ask for refunds or start lawsuits when times were grim. Let the hype bois have alpha 2, treat ur dedicated fan base with respect 100% they earned it <3
  • Well Alpha/Beta access isn't the only tangible thing you get. You also get a few other things too. I don't think it's a problem as long as you invite enough to have a proper test. I personally got access to Beta 2. I don't like testing alphas.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
    edited August 2020

They don't have to be desperate for money. As mentioned in the recent live stream, if they are confident with the current number of players logged in to the servers and want to further stress the server (beyond the 10k players originally accounted for), then selling more A1 access to further stress the servers is only a benefit.

As has been stated many times in this thread and other places, A1 was never listed as an exclusive or limited time option. Steven only stopped the A1 sales because the 10k account goal had been reached.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just make it the same price as its always been and see who buys it
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
This discussion has been closed.