Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will AoC have rare accessories with abilities?

Had some ideas today for rare accessories with abilities, what do you think?

(Ring) My Precious
Lore: One of the most powerful artifacts crafted by a group of Mages to use for protection when facing challenging predators.
Stats
Ability: Transforms into a ghost, cannot be targeted or damaged for 10 seconds. If the wearer uses any hostile actions, the effect is lost. 1 hour cooldown.

(Necklace) Eye of Medusa
Lore: The mythical creature known as Medusa who would petrify anyone who dared to challenge her. Legendary warriors who managed to defeat her pluck out her eyes to craft a powerful Necklace to use as an advantage in combat.
Stats
Ability: When attacking, there's a chance to petrify the target for 4 seconds. Petrified targets takes 15% less damage. 40 seconds cooldown.

Ancient's Bracelet
Lore: One of the many lost treasures from Ancient's technology that granted them the ability to move instantly over large distances.
Stats
Ability: Teleports group members to your location. 15 seconds fixed cast time. 15 hours cooldown.

Earring of RNGESUS
Lore: Legend has it this fine jewel was crafted by the Gods for crybabies when dealing with hard cc.
Stats
Ability: there's a 35% chance to cleanse your body from one negative effect. 1 minute cooldown. 100% chance for covid-19.

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That does sound like a great idea but I've not heard news of items giving skills
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »
    That does sound like a great idea but I've not heard news of items giving skills

Thanks, personally I like having very rare items in the game that gives something extra than just stats.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Orlando wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

Thanks, personally I like having very rare items in the game that gives something extra than just stats.

I agree, its feels more like old school RPGs
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's an interesting idea but as Nagash said I don't think anything has been mentioned about this. I would assume items like this would need to be legendary in status though so very few people would have them.
    signature.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would hope that there will be Trinkets or Rings with special effects that can either be procced or activated.

Ocean's Heart:
    Ring - Epic
    Materials - Epic Quality Aquatic Sapphire x1, Ancient Quality Bronze x2, Rare Qualite Diamonds x8

Effect - Every 10th attack coats the user in a protective film of healing water, healing the user for x amount every second for 3sec.

Vulcanic Rage:
    Trinket - Epic
    Effect - Activate to summon a small vulcano at your location that will deal x amount of damage every second for 15sec to all enemies in a 5m radius, slowing them for the duration.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • lunarsky wrote: »
    It's an interesting idea but as Nagash said I don't think anything has been mentioned about this. I would assume items like this would need to be legendary in status though so very few people would have them.

Exactly! Epic-Legendary status.
  • OrlandoOrlando Member
    edited August 2020
    Orlando wrote: »

I agree, its feels more like old school RPGs

Ideas for items are from various games i've played. Mostly old school.
    Ring - Skyrim become ethereal shout
    Necklace - Paralysis ring from Legend of mir 2
    Bracelet - Teleport ring from Legend of mir 2, and Gate chant from Doomcryer in Lineage 2
    Earring - Song of Purification from Sword Muse in Lineage 2