Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A cosmetic shop is bad

13»

Comments

• Options
    GruntagGruntag Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A cosmetic shop is fine. Leave as is.

This is a silly post
  • Options
    I don’t like cosmetic shops...but I understand we live in 2020 and that ship has already sailed years ago.

If people would stop buying items from the cosmetic shops in all games they’d go away, but that’s not happening.
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    I don't like in-game sales. The same way I don't like VIP tickets / seats in theaters, planes, cinemas, clubs, hotels, theme parks etc... It's a way to give those who can and will pay more, a better experience than those who can’t or won't; without completely blocking those who don't pay as much from the experience.

That said. It's not a deal breaker for me. I will deal with it.

I will still get on the plane and enjoy my flight in my economy seat the best I can without whining at the airline that first class seats are unfair and they should remove them to give all their customers the same experience. (Good luck with that)

Point is. We can hate it. But at the end of the day it’s a business and whining about it will just make us look like fools. The company will not remove it as long as people are paying for the extra goodies.

If it is a deal breaker for you. I’m really sorry to see you go but seriously the only say we have in the matter is whether we buy it or not.
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    kevinoozlingkevinoozling Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    Im sure the best looking skins and mounts will be unlocked in game. They’d know that people will think that it’s dodgey af if it’s the other way around.
  • Options
    I wanted to start a conversation about cosmetics and the pros and cons, for us, that come to our minds (the Ashes of Creation Player Base Community or ACPBC for short).

Cosmetics in General
    Pros:
    *I have historically enjoyed being more in control of how my character looks.
    *I've historically enjoyed acquiring cosmetics through most means in MMORPG's in-game.
    Con:
    *I miss the ability to somewhat identify most other players' progression in-game by their aesthetic and/or admire them for it (I'm thinking WoW Classic with Molten Core and seeing players with Benediction or Battlegear of Wrath... even the tier 1 sets).

Cosmetics acquired through challenges in-game
    Pros:
    *I feel like I am rewarded for completing a challenge.
    *I feel like I have a visible representation of my work in the game.
    Con:
    *If the challenge is limited, I sometimes feel left out of the experience and opportunity of the challenge and acquisition of the cosmetic.

Cosmetics acquired through out-of-game means
    Pros:
    *Should I have the means, I have easy access to something that enhances (to/for me) aesthetics in the game.
    Con:
    *If the availability is limited, I sometimes feel left out of the opportunity of the acquisition of the cosmetic.

What are your thoughts?
  • Options
    Think of the Cosmetic Shop as a tax on those who use it, so that you can continue paying your current subscription price rather than a higher one. And every time you see someone with a Cosmetic Shop item, think to yourself that those suckers are paying for you to play the game.

And yes, I will likely be one of those suckers.

You're welcome.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/