Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at 11AM PST

Comments

• SoggyBandaidSoggyBandaid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How will family names and family summon feature relate? Can I lock a family name for my alts ex: John Soggy, Jane Soggy, etc. as part of my account, and still have family summon slots to port my seven friends? Just wanted to clarify since the wiki currently says you can only be in one family at a time.
  • How are you going to provide crafted gear that is on par with raid gear without recipes and materials being locked behind raid encounters? You talked about crafting being on par with raid gear. However; if the materials to create this crafted gear drops from raid encounters, that's not crafted gear. That's raid gear with extra steps.
  • If a non-combatant does not become combatant when they attack a corrupted player Wouldn't that means a corrupted player can't even fight back to defend themselves as they would become more corrupted if they kill the non-corrupted player who initiates combat. Is this your intention?
  • PowurshotPowurshot Member, Intrepid Pack
    Hello,
    Thank you for taking my question if in fact you do. So we're all excited to participate one way or another in caravans. I'm also highly enthusiastic about sea travel and maybe running my own Tavern off of a sea port. So what about sea fairing vessels transporting goods? How similar or dissimilar to caravans are they in terms of transporting goods, defending them, attacking them, and risk vs. reward?

-Powurshot

P.S. I wish you and all on your team every happiness life has to offer. Can't wait to explore the world you've created!
  • Can we guild invite across Verra or do characters need to be close to one another?
  • Can you elaborate on the training aspect of the Military Node Barracks building?
  • NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2020
    After a siege is declared on a node and the node is in its declaration period can it gain/atrophy XP and thus possible advance/delevel (potentially becoming a harder or invalid siege target) or is XP gain locked thus presenting a strategic opportunity when two competing/nearby nodes are racing to be first to a specific advancement stage (e.g., Metro stage for their corner of the world)?
  • Will there be daily login rewards? :)
  • What will Stuffington be doing for Christmas?
  • bosheanboshean Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2020
    Can we get more intricate details on smaller things in the game such as Treasure hunting?
  • When will regional prices for early access kits be available?
  • We know that a Stage 3 Node will have 8 cottages, so does that mean that a Metro will only have 40 in-node houses?
  • How deep is the ocean?
  • RisingLightRisingLight Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Since breaking down equipment will be a method to receiving recipes you can craft; what percentage will there be as a success rate of doing so? If you have a legendary item and you want to break it down for a recipe is it 100% or does it taper off the higher tier/quality you go?
    Is there stat balancing during pvp In terms of open world or instances? example: a level 10 receives a buff so that his/her stats are now that of a level 50. I personally prefer to leave that alone and let level 10’s have no chance against a level 50 in terms of raw power. Even in a siege, you see a toon walking around with legendary gear on you know “I don’t think I’ll be able to stand against them” so then you make a choice of banning together or staying away. Not to punish him for obtaining that gear by allowing a low level to have the same chance of beating him as a another well equipped player of the same level.
    If Freeholds are limited to 1 per account can you access that freehold with other characters? If so, what about the storage systems inside those Freeholds, would it keep someone “like myself” to be a master gatherer on one character and store mats in the chest and log into my master processor smelt and the same with my master crafter?
    Will the alpha/beta tests allow for cosmetics to be earned for the MMO? 👍🏻
  • Will there be a class focussed on support instead of heal/damage/tank? Like the Bard in FFXI, for example?
  • So, about Artisan Mastery..
    ...A character may only ever master one of these parent paths...

Can you elaborate on how this exactly works? Does mastering a Parent Class locks the other Parent class?
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2020
    Will values of stats be random to some degree? (For example each stat can roll between 80 and 100)
  • Been cautiously and optimistically following AoC since 2017 but never got to support with my wallet yet, so will Beta 2 key (75$ pack) be still available after alpha-1 testing next year?
  • One of my biggest issues with Final Fantasy 14 is the watering down of party mechanics in favor of the ability to solo to do content. Now that game is far more story driven and there can be an argument that anyone should be able to play the story.

My question here is, is there an intent for all classes to be able to perform all content on their own?

From what I have gathered so far is that AoC is bringing back that community aspect of a MMO, I just want to make sure that abilities and balancing is geared toward a group effort and not a solo one.
  • Hello !!!
    I've got 2 questions :)
    1: do skills lock your characters in place ? or only certain skills ?
    2: as a Lineage player I've come to enjoy destroying people that butt in my farm spot (my char's name is usually PkUnit01) and I feel that the downgrade in combat abilities when you've got karma is too much punishment added to the visibility to bounty hunters AND dropping certificates if you die, so how much penalty are we talking about ? 1-2-3% ? or is it higher values so that i can die easier?
  • Is it true that buying all cosmetics will form one Exodia?
    monkaHmm
  • digitalwinddigitalwind Member, Intrepid Pack
    How will Marriage affect freeholds?
    Like 1 of double size?
  • VECNAVECNA Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will CLERICS of the different GODS have a few UNIQUE Spells that makes them different from CLERICS of the other GODS? Otherwise whats the point of having more than ONE God if there is NO variation in SPELLS. I know Steven played AD&D so he knows what I'm talking about.
  • Will there be any permanent player housing options or will they all be a part of nodes and vulnerable to being attacked? Also, will stand alone player housing respond to the weather(i.e. snow on the roof during winter weeks)?
  • Hello my Lord Steven,
    If the Necromancer class turns out not to be what I like, my backup plan would be playing a witch hunter. Seeing we don't have them as an official class, what do you think would be the fitting Class combination for one in Verra? Thx and Merry Christmas everyone.
  • XenantayaXenantaya Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2020
    I know that will be world boss raids. Will there also be WoW-style raids where players fight 8 to 10 bosses of increasing difficulty, with trash mobs in between?
  • You've said Ashes will offer many progression paths and ways to earn XP. I was wondering if questing will be the most efficient way to level and get gear or will the other ways be equally rewarding/viable?