Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Blazing the Way - Mage Alpha One Preview

✨ Are you ready to rain raw destruction on your foes? 🔥

Meet the Mage and find out more about their might from level 1-10 in our Alpha One Preview: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2020-12-23-blazing-the-way-mage-alpha-one-preview

https://youtu.be/lQo1WK0HkcI
community_management.gif

Comments

• I've provided this feedback on Youtube comments, however I felt it would be interesting to also start a thread here on the forums so see if others share a similar opinion.

The following feedback is regarding the recent video from Intrepid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQo1WK0HkcI

Whoever is the animator of these skills, has a clear addiction with skills that make you jump or float.... Way too much and feels unnatural.
    I know it's alpha and I'm sure it will be improved, however it's something I've noticed lately is that the skills animations are not taking into consideration combos and fight fluidity, they don't chain with each other.
    And mostly due to the very long floating stuff.
    For example, "Fireball", it's just a fireball, you have all that build up as the character is about to drop a crazy AoE, but then just a measly fireball...

Also Mages use Robes, not metal armor :smile: .

Overall here is my feedback and opinion on the skills presented on this video:
    • 0:29 Fireball: The jumping / floating is too much, have the fire build up on the chars hands and shoot, make the animations a bit quicker.
    • 0:42 Lightning bolt: Love it, nice and short, sudden like electricity.
    • 0:48 Black Hole: The jump once more unnecessary, I would rather see the character stay grounded use his hands as he was forming an imaginary sphere, which matches the big dark sphere showing up near the enemies.
    • 1:00 Drain Essence: It's ok, meh. My main criticism is that you are draining, however the ray animation is towards the enemy, it's contradictory, it should be the opposite, like you are sucking energy from the enemy.
    • 1:15 Blink: Overall love it, just too much smoke on the arrival. The first animation of entering the portal is spot on, 10/10, so maybe consider inverting it, making the arrival location start with the energy sparkles and the portal showing up quickly without smoke.
    • 1:26 Lava Storm: Overall like it. The jump/ floating makes sense here and adds more impact specially being an AoE skill. What I would improve is on the ground animation right now looks more like an eruption rather then a storm, as such consider making the lava splatters on the ground smaller and higher in number, having some falling rocks or lava drips as it would be raining lava, matching the lava splatter on the ground.
    • 1:38 Meteor Storm: I'm confused about this one, as its almost the same thing as Lava Storm. The falling "Meteors" are way too big. Maybe save this one for a higher level? And instead of having 3 meteors just call it Meteor and have a big AoE rock fall from the sky. After all a Meteor naturally gets on fire when falling thru the atmosphere.
    • 1:50 Prismatic Beam: Love how it looks, but make the big splatter animation on the character hands like 60% the size of what it is now. It's too big. The energy beam looks really cool.

I would love to hear from your guys, if you agree with me or what is your opinion about these skills.

Thank you and looking forward to trying Ashes one day.

Best Regards,
    Ralm

• JesusHealYouJesusHealYou Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No stun?
  • rogonja wrote: »
    No stun?

Can you elaborate? you mean no stun skill?
    This is lv1 to lv10 though, you usually don't get it on low level stuff.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member
    edited December 2020
    Worth reposting Steven's pinned comment on that video regarding cast speed -
    Hello friends! As a reminder these are early works in progress, and represent lower level spells for our Alpha One playtests. One important thing to note, the speed of casting is not augmented by buffs in this video. So as many of you may know from the many mmos we all play, lower level casting can tend to be slower than the casting at higher levels due to passive augments and active buffs that can be applied. This will speed up cast times and overall combat for casters (and across all classes). Hope you enjoy the progress! We love reading your feedback ❤️❤️💪

Personally for pre-Alpha I think they look great. I know things will change and be refined down the road, and sped up once we have gear/buffs, but I like the direction they're going right now.

Also regarding mages in cloth gear - you can wear any gear/weapons you want. And some gear even if it's just cloth, may have elements in the visual design of plate, leather, etc. while still being just a cloth piece.
  • Hi there guys!

I just watched your Alpha One Preview of the Mage Archetype video, and I am completely overwhelmed by the character animations on really basic skills;

Characters jumping on every single skill and doing aerial acrobatics might be apealing for a cinematographic preview of the game but playing a game where you constantly need to cast your basic skill and it includes jumps and dramatic stuff for the simpliest basic skill, should be a no go, I was already exhausted after watching the video, I can't imagine doing some PVE for like 3 hours of constantly watching the character jumping over and over.

Please, reconsidere all this aerial animations skills, the game will be equaly great without them
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is a recurring discussion and I believe the community is pretty mixed on this opinion. At first I HATED the cleric animations but they have kinda grown on me. I personally would like to see faster animations. Watching that video for 40 minutes....I can only imagine what it's like as a mage to levitate and cast a fireball 200 times. Some abilities I would love to see have long drawn out animations (like revive).

One thing to think about is in March or May (I can't remember), there is a combat rehaul. I remember hearing something about this on the last stream.
  • Khronus wrote: »
    This is a recurring discussion and I believe the community is pretty mixed on this opinion. At first I HATED the cleric animations but they have kinda grown on me. I personally would like to see faster animations. Watching that video for 40 minutes....I can only imagine what it's like as a mage to levitate and cast a fireball 200 times. Some abilities I would love to see have long drawn out animations (like revive).

One thing to think about is in March or May (I can't remember), there is a combat rehaul. I remember hearing something about this on the last stream.

I agree the animations for both have definitely grown on me and I hope they stick with this style. It's definitely the type of game I prefer and it's similar to the types of games this is inspired by. People forget that they will be refined and changed as development continues. As for cast speed, Steven said we'll have stats and buffs at later levels to increase that.
  • Leiloni wrote: »
    Personally for pre-Alpha I think they look great. I know things will change and be refined down the road, and sped up once we have gear/buffs, but I like the direction they're going right now.

Also regarding mages in cloth gear - you can wear any gear/weapons you want. And some gear even if it's just cloth, may have elements in the visual design of plate, leather, etc. while still being just a cloth piece.

Yes it looks great.
    I understand and know from part MMOs experience that low level stuff is boring and slow, however it's usually mostly in cooldown and not so much in very long cast speed.
    Although I would be ok if the cast speed remains the current one, however some of the animations don't make sense currently as I explained above.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member
    edited December 2020
    Ralms wrote: »
    Leiloni wrote: »

Yes it looks great.
    I understand and know from part MMOs experience that low level stuff is boring and slow, however it's usually mostly in cooldown and not so much in very long cast speed.
    Although I would be ok if the cast speed remains the current one, however some of the animations don't make sense currently as I explained above.

The animations and cast speed are the same thing here and stats/buffs will increase the speed of both. Steven's comment refers to Korean MMO's we've all played and that AoC is inspired by - they typically use this type of system. I don't expect cooldowns to change...
  • Khronus wrote: »

Thats exactly the point.

want to ressurrect a target? okay go ahead and levitate and jump! great!

need to cast 8 times fireball on a level 10 bear to kill it? not fun to watch ur character jump 8 times...

And Steven just confirmed on youtube comments that casting speed will affect on the animations speed... so it will look just absolutely ridiculous to have your char bouncing and bouncing for hours
  • Hey there friends! Merged a few different threads for feedback on these Mage skills into the main post <3

While in Ashes of Creation neither weapons nor armor are class-locked, we appreciate the feedback on wanting to see more light armor in upcoming videos! :smiley:
    rogonja wrote: »
    No stun?

You can take a look at a more detailed description of some of the spells here, including the effects they gain upon leveling them up further. For example, Lightning Bolt gains a knockdown and Meteor Storm gains a stun!
    community_management.gif
  • StretchStretch Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Loving it already! Can't wait to play!

My only 2 thoughts are

Fireball:
    I think the jumping with the fireball is a bit overkill. It seems like in a pvp setting its like announcing you are there by going up in the air before you launch your fireball.

Blink:
    If you compared 2 people side by side, 1 person running 1 person casting is it faster to blink than to just run? While the animation for it looks really cool

Rest of them, I like! Awesome Job!
  • AruganArugan Member, Alpha One
    The only recommendation is
    1. Too many jumping/flying animations
    2. The beam is awesome but the beginning of the beam is a bit too much.
    3. The lava move would be cooler if he was slamming the ground instead of flying up(Some earth bending feels).

Everything else is absolutely stunning! love the look of the fireball!! The lighting, Blink, and the meteor is perfect!!
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It was mentioned in earlier References that animation locks, would only happen in a few exceptions, for what we've seen so far in regards to Cleric, and Mages abilities, there are plenty of animation locks, especially with all those jumping/flying animations even for casting a fireball, and I was wondering if this is something that is now intended as part of the combat..

I understand that there will be a combat revamp happening in March, however, those animations are being showcased now, and that makes me think they are here to stay, although they look cool, in my opinion, they make combat really stiff, I would love to see this change and have animations to be shorter, removed, or just the possibility to cast while moving, (maybe even by enhancing a skill) which for sure would make combat more dynamic.

PS: as always, upvote to decrease the particle effects :p

img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • fireball is excessive, should be like lightning bolt.

lightning bolt is solid.

black hole hole looks great, jump looks ok here.

drain essence feels very stiff and doesnt feel like its actually draining anything. shouldn't be a jump on a basic skill like this.

lava is great, jump makes sense and nice touch on aoe around caster.

meteor looks cool but i personally think its a bit excessive of an attack. meteors in general are just way too strong to br summoned like that, especially at low-mid level. i think this skill should be changed into something similar to what it is, maybe even another element, like have this be icicles forming midair and crashing down instead. the meteors could be an augment for mage/mage class where you actually could use much stronger magic.

the beam is great, but it looks like an ultimate, feels like an ultimate, can be used like an ultimate. its perfect for a very high level skill, but too strong for a mere level 10.

one of the problems I've had with MMOs and effects is that literally everyone has super OP spells with amazing effects and it all just becomew boring clutter. where summoning a meteor should be a devastating attack that could at least change the flow or battle, you have low level players spamming it which just ruins the wow factor. I think lower level spells should just be smooth and look somewhat satisfying. The actually good skill effects should be for high level stronger spells.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like the skills as they are so far. They are different from most stuff out there.
    Having gear be agnostic I think is a step in the right direction. I am sure the RP crowd likes the idea the most being able to equip as they choose to tell the story they want to tell.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    General observation: too much jumping/floating, and some animations seem to be ill-fitted to the spell.

Fireball: The fireball itself is good, but the jumping animation for a bread-and-butter spell is too much. I think a better fit would be the wind up from the Meteor Storm, paired with Prismatic Beam animation.

Lightning Bolt: Overall good, especially the lightning itself. An animation that starts with the hand high and then leveling out towards the enemy would be appropriate, as if the caster is calling the lightning from the sky. The quickness of the animation is spot on.

Black Hole: Not bad, perhaps less jumping. (unless jumping is made the cue for AoE spells?)

Drain Essence: Here the caster plainly shoots something at the enemy, rather than 'draining' from the enemy. Perhaps a pulling motion from the caster? More grounded would be appropriate.

Blink: Nice! Perhaps less smoke at the exit. The jumping animation here I really enjoy.

Lava Storm: Here the caster looks up, jumps/levitates, and then shoot lava towards the enemy. Lava should come from below the surface, so the caster's attention should be initially directed down.

Meteor Storm: Here the caster looks down, and conjures a meteor in his hands before launching it up, which then comes down as a meteor. Swapping this animation (along with a few tweaks) with Lava Storm's would be a better fit.

Prismatic Beam: Love it! A bit less at the caster would help with being able to see whats going on. /wink

• VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2020
    I know a lot of people thought the animations for cleric were a a little over the top last month. I really did not fall into that camp. These mage animations though. There is way too, much movement for my taste in casters. Specifically the fireball levitation into a superhero throw. There were a few other moves that start with a levitation into something. Like black hole or lava storm.

The lightning bolt and Prismatic beam animations are prefect. A simple fluid motion. What it really gets down to is that I don't imagine mages to be so coordinated. I see a mage doing something like drawing a sigil in the air, reading a book, or doing some kind DBZ energy ball power up. Some of the moves in that video look like NBA jam style slam dunks. I half expected to hear "Boom-Shakalaka!" when that fireball went off.

I know Steven commented on the Youtube video explaining that this is alpha, and casting speeds can be augmented to be faster. I understand this. I just wanted to see what y'all think? Are the mages overly coordinated? If there this coordinated at level 10, will they be dunking from half court at level 50?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The Mage animations are a rather mixed bag, and I agree that the Fireball and Black Hole animations are very over-the-top. I can understand the Mage levitating into the air a bit due to the amount of power they are using, like you see in the Lava Storm animation, but leaping into the air like a gymnast isn't the first thing I think of when I see a Mage.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Pvp playerPvp player Member
    edited December 2020
    I am aware of the iterative process of improving these effects but I'm nonetheless going to comment as is.

Both the Mage and the Cleric can levitate. Regardless of whether you're going to do something with the fact that the floaty animations don't seem particularly well-liked in the comment sections, I would suggest giving just one that ability for class identity purposes (and I'd go with the Mage).

There's an overabundance of what some other commenter called "firework effects". The same particle effects were used for the Cleric, and here, both lightning and fire use it. Seems kinda random (but probably easy to progam).

Overall, there's again many skills with a rather long cast time with animation locking. And some skills don't seem to merit that because of what they do.

I gather that the Fireball spell eventually has going to have a DoT and an AoE effect to it if you level it up.
    1. Is the animation the same for all levels? (I hope not)
    2. As of right now, only your character floats up, not the camera, ignoring the added benefit of having a better view of the battlefield.

The pirouette doesn't seem to add anything in the sense of momentum to the fireball because it's so small and close to the character.
    Lightning Bolt shoots an electrifying beam that damages enemies in a line in front of you. As this ability grows stronger, it will knock down enemies and even chain to additional foes.
    Same as with the Cleric, I don't see any connection between what a skill does and how long it takes for them to do it.
    Here, lightning bolt is insta cast, it damages multiple enemies, and even does a knockdown to one (or more?)

Black Hole, Drain Essence and Lava Storm target animations are cool, but I don't really get why there's levitating here as well.

The Blink animation is way over the top and cast ought to be instant in my opinion.

The following is more a personal preference of mine. One that Intrepid probably consciously rejected based on lore, but I like the idea of having element specific mages, instead of jack of all trades mages that can use fire, electricity, healing, telekinetic and health draining (and even summoning).
  • I liked it all. But if it was a Dwarf doing it, then I think it'd look funny.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Behague wrote: »
    I liked it all. But if it was a Dwarf doing it, then I think it'd look funny.

Or an Orc haha
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Swooping elegant movements, best saved for the humans and elves. I expect dwarfs and orcs mages to almost go brute-ishly hurling fireballs. Maybe even burping prismatic beams.
  • Two things that need some tweaking in my opinion are the size of some effects (blink comes to my mind, a bit too big) and the duration (they seamed to be more or less all of equal length).
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • I had a few thoughts:

1. "Fireball" - So, if this is a basic spell, the animation seems like a bit 'too much.' The character model levitates, then spins in a 360 degree circle, blindly throwing the fireball at at the target.

(Now, I would like to stop and say that I DO appreciate the work the animators are putting into the spells. And the animation shouldn't be canned. But maybe just switched to a spell that would be used less often?)

The reason why is; if this is an early-game spell and is used often by Mages....sure, it might look fine with 1 person casting it here or there. But imagine 5, or 10 mages or more in a raid, or world boss fight, or defending/attacking a caravan. All popping up and down like Mexican Jumping Beans. It would look silly, not dramatic or cool.

"Lightning Bolt" (by comparison) is much simpler and straight forward. I personally would prefer using Lightning Bolt over Fireball, simply to avoid looking goofy. (personal preference) /shrug

2. "Black Hole" - I love that sound! Did you guys hear that?! It's like a super low treb sound. Nice touch!

3. "Drain Essence" - Okay, now this one was weird to me from a timing issue for the animations. In the animation; he shoots a beam. Then when it ends; he levitates for a second. Then there's a burst of dark purple smoke and he lands on his feet.

This seems out of order.

It feels like it should be: Quick levitate to draw in power --> burst of dark-purple smoke --> drops and fires beam.

4. "Blink" - This is biggest one I think some Mages would have a problem with. I LOVE the warp-hole animation that he escapes INTO. But...I don't like (even though I understand logically why it's happening) that a second warp-hole opens for him to escape OUT from.

Here's the problem with the second warp-hole; it telegraphs exactly WHERE the mage exited.

Isn't one on the key components as to why Mages use Blink; is to escape from danger/harm? Blink is suppose to disorient their attacker, confuse them. The Mage suddenly disappears! Where is he/she? Where did they go? The attacker begins frantically looking around in each direction to try and locate the Mage.

But with a plainly obvious and visible 2nd warp-hole opening, there is no mistaking exactly where the mage is now.

Am I wrong in this thinking? I don't play Mage much in MMOs, but whenever I fought them, not knowing where they landed after their Blink, was scary. Because they could be launching a nuke any second, before I had a chance to find them again. If I knew right where they were after a blink, it would be less of a threat.

In a PvP oriented game, I personally would prefer the 2nd warp-hole to be less obvious or veto'd entirely.

Anyways, those are my thoughts.

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • CakeBanditJrCakeBanditJr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've provided this feedback on Youtube comments, however I felt it would be interesting to also start a thread here on the forums so see if others share a similar opinion.

The following feedback is regarding the recent video from Intrepid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQo1WK0HkcI

Whoever is the animator of these skills, has a clear addiction with skills that make you jump or float.... Way too much and feels unnatural.
    I know it's alpha and I'm sure it will be improved, however it's something I've noticed lately is that the skills animations are not taking into consideration combos and fight fluidity, they don't chain with each other.
    And mostly due to the very long floating stuff.
    For example, "Fireball", it's just a fireball, you have all that build up as the character is about to drop a crazy AoE, but then just a measly fireball...

Overall here is my feedback and opinion on the skills presented on this video:
    • 0:29 Fireball: The jumping / floating is too much, have the fire build up on the chars hands and shoot, make the animations a bit quicker.
    • 0:42 Lightning bolt: Love it, nice and short, sudden like electricity.
    • 0:48 Black Hole: The jump once more unnecessary, I would rather see the character stay grounded use his hands as he was forming an imaginary sphere, which matches the big dark sphere showing up near the enemies.
    • 1:00 Drain Essence: It's ok, meh. My main criticism is that you are draining, however the ray animation is towards the enemy, it's contradictory, it should be the opposite, like you are sucking energy from the enemy.
    • 1:15 Blink: Overall love it, just too much smoke on the arrival. The first animation of entering the portal is spot on, 10/10, so maybe consider inverting it, making the arrival location start with the energy sparkles and the portal showing up quickly without smoke.
    • 1:26 Lava Storm: Overall like it. The jump/ floating makes sense here and adds more impact specially being an AoE skill. What I would improve is on the ground animation right now looks more like an eruption rather then a storm, as such consider making the lava splatters on the ground smaller and higher in number, having some falling rocks or lava drips as it would be raining lava, matching the lava splatter on the ground.
    • 1:38 Meteor Storm: I'm confused about this one, as its almost the same thing as Lava Storm. The falling "Meteors" are way too big. Maybe save this one for a higher level? And instead of having 3 meteors just call it Meteor and have a big AoE rock fall from the sky. After all a Meteor naturally gets on fire when falling thru the atmosphere.
    • 1:50 Prismatic Beam: Love how it looks, but make the big splatter animation on the character hands like 60% the size of what it is now. It's too big. The energy beam looks really cool.

I would love to hear from your guys, if you agree with me or what is your opinion about these skills.

Thank you and looking forward to trying Ashes one day.

Best Regards,
    Ralm

I have to agree with most of what you stated. I like your take on Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Black Hole, Drain Essence, Meteor Storm and Prismatic Beam.

I somewhat agree on the Blink with inverting it but I like the smoke BUT with a reduced smoke effect.

Lava Storm should be more like "Lava Eruption" based on what the ability does. Maybe have the character use his/her hands to "call up" a lava eruption from the ground because as is, it is too similar to Meteor Storm.
  • SocialSatyrSocialSatyr Member, Founder

I was gonna write up a longer feedback post... then I saw Ralm had pretty much already written it for me.

The only place my feed back seems to take a turn is that a lot of the skills feel very... Superhero-y. I feel like this iteration of the mage plays less like a master of arcane forces, and more like an acrobatic showman. The animations, with the exception of prismatic beam, seem to almost try to overcompensate the toned down effects of skills themselves with flashy flourishes and physical displays that ultimately downplay the impact and visual weight of the skills themselves.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2020
    Oh nice, I'm gonna yoink @Ralms format
    Here's a template for anyone else who wants to do the same:
    [list]
    [*] 0:29 Fireball - 
    [*] 0:42 Lightning Bolt - 
    [*] 0:48 Black Hole - 
    [*] 1:00 Drain Essence - 
    [*] 1:15 Blink - 
    [*] 1:26 Lava Storm - 
    [*] 1:38 Meteor Storm -
    [*] 1:50 Prismatic Beam -
    [/list]

• 0:29 Fireball - jump and spin is too much (maybe for a crit? if magic can crit)
    • 0:42 Lightning Bolt - I don't like the sound fx (I know it's placeholder but it's a huge part of the electric element), electricity has a crackly burst sound. Can I suggest the entire flavour of the electrical element move toward crackling electricity with an extremely bursty feel? See here for reference: I think Genshin Impact did a really good job of capturing the temporal essence of electricity - especially in Lisa's skills: For lower levels, can you make the electric skills much shorter with less lingering sparks, but increase the lingering effects of electrical skills at higher levels? Almost as if high level electric skills ionize the air like lightning does.
    • 0:48 Black Hole - The black hole looks great! I'd like it more if the caster's fx were a colour closer to the blackhole itself. Also, a skill like this doesn't fit a beginner skill. I'm interested to see how this will work against other players trying to get away.
    • 1:00 Drain Essence - The beam is channelling in the wrong direction, we should see mana being sucked from the target, not toward the target.
    • 1:15 Blink - There is WAY too much happening for blink. it's needs to be simpler (and faster, I'd argue) - remove the particles and the smoke and just the warping ripple effect is enough, I reckon. I'd also suggest blink can be used to interrupt other spells - kindof like an emergency I-need-to-get-out-of-the-way spell.
    • 1:26 Lava Storm - the hitbox for this skill needs more visual clarity. The fx on the ground are dated - would prefer bubbling lava or pockets of earth protruding from the ground. Also lava storm (as a skill name) sounds more intense than this spell is, but this spell looks appropriate for low levels. As for the casting animation, is there an animation where you punch the floor? I feel that would be more appropriate.
    • 1:38 Meteor Storm - I think cut out the object thrown into the sky. It's awkward. Throwing things directly above the caster makes more sense for skills that are centred around the caster. This skills is looking good.
    • 1:50 Prismatic Beam - The effects around the caster are too big, and the squiggles from the beam are too squiggly, can you make them softer curves? This skill still has a bit too much going on. Especially for a beginner skill.

Overall, I still feel we have too many sparks being sprayed everywhere.
    To put it in precise technical terms: please turn down the lifespan of particles that are generated unless it's a high level spell.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So are these skills target locked, skill shot or both? Just curious because with the animation behind fireball I feel like a proper timed roll should allow you to dodge I hate the idea of all skills being homing
  • RpgFanatic96RpgFanatic96 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2020
    Its great that the movements of these skills are so fluid, a shout out to the animation team is in order here!
    Admittedly some of the flashiness such as the jumps and special effects seem slightly excessive for lower levelled spells - but just imagine how much effort goes in to the higher tiered spells if this is what we start out with! Overall, I am very impressed with what I am seeing here.
    There is a great attention to detail in these animations and I honestly cannot wait to see more examples of movement in skill activation - provided that it suits the skill being cast.