Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tavern Wish List

2»

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We know that taverns serve meals, based on learned recipes, which provide various buffs which are effective in the area near the tavern. Hopefully, higher level ingredients and higher cooking skill will increase those buffs.

But, what if the tavern owner of a lvl 3 establishment had the ability to do negative buffs to customers she doesn't like? Slip them a micky finn which lowers their accuracy for 15 minutes, or stew from bad fish which lowers their run speed for a hour - to mimic giving them the runs?
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My wish list? Lots of milk
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    HawkwoodHawkwood Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    shoreless wrote: »
    Hullo. I have nothing to add, I'm just an old MMORPG survivor who will give Ashes all of his money if he can finally run his own tavern properly. Please make it happen!

Nailed it.
  • Options
    RoussynatorRoussynator Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't really care about how the tavern end result will be, i'm confident it's going to be a nice ambiance, I think taverns in MMO are always forgotten and when they aren't its just a bunch of peeps standing around and spamming stuff where you can't in the end appreciate the place.

I would like being able to play mini-games with peeps that should be a chill time playing a game of cards, maybe put a ticket or two into the currency stash for the winner .
  • Options
    How about, as a unique perk for the Bard class, they would be able to be 'hired' for playing music. If there was a space (stage) that only Bards could use, they could take up that spot and provide entertainment and be able to earn tips.
  • Options
    Being able to mute/kick out unwanted people is probably at the top of my list. Aside from that, every tabletop gamer knows that if you want be in the know, ask the barkeep. So maybe a mechanic where your npc barkeeps could sell predetermined information?
  • Options
    Psynergi wrote: »
    Being able to mute/kick out unwanted people is probably at the top of my list. Aside from that, every tabletop gamer knows that if you want be in the know, ask the barkeep. So maybe a mechanic where your npc barkeeps could sell predetermined information?

sadly we can bar people but there is this

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bulletin_boards
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »

Hmmm, interesting, who would clean bulletin boards?
    Tavern owner?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

Hmmm, interesting, who would clean bulletin boards?
    Tavern owner?

I would guess so
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    BlairBlair Member
    No to all of that except for NPC changes. The Bard's passive ability will probably be performing and playing music so no tavern music either.
  • Options
    I love the idea of taverns being a real meeting spot. One thing that would be nice is if there was the ability to say no pets allowed or things like that. I find in ESO when you are at a crafting station and mages have their pets flying or what not they get in your camera view and are quite annoying.
  • Options
    derpderp Member
    One of the best experiences Ive had in a game was playing instruments in "sea of thieves". When people play different instruments together they harmonise and they can change songs too. This would be an amazing addition and also allows for "collectable songs" that could be dropped by NPC's and played by the player on their instruments