What are your TOP 5 things you hope to see or be revealed during the March Livestream?

Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
1. Full character models of the orcs and wood elves.
2. A time lapse of the day/night cycle
3. Weather effects
4. Character Creator
5. A fly through of a new dungeon we haven't seen before.

Comments

• What I want to see(copium)
    1. Node updates
    2. Artisan classes
    3. Naval combat
    4. Caravan
    5. Breeding/taming system

What we probably will see
    1. Cosmetics
    2. New mounts
  • GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Lol setting ourselves up for disappointment.

1) Character creator for humans
    2) Combat Update for at least one class
    3) Caravans actually working on roads
    4) Other races character models
    5) Tulnar concept art
    bRVL6TR.png

• TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    1. Combat
    2. Combat
    3. Combat
    4. Combat
    5. Combat
    nI17Ea4.png
  • 1. Artisan classes updates other than Animal husbandry
    2. Class updates
    I will be satisfied with just these.
    "Suffer in silence"
  • IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Combat
    2. Combat
    3. Combat
    4. Combat
    5. Combat
    Izil.png
  • I want to see depth in the gathering system, mostly.
  • 1. Combat Update Preview/Demonstration (atleast 2 primary archetypes)
    2. Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Bard or Summoner Primary Archetype Preview
    3. Artisan classes(Gathering, Processing or Crafting) Preview/Demonstration (reasonably in-depth if possible)
    4. Character Creator Preview/Demonstration

Quite a large sum of copium but, i'm a reasonably hopeful person.
    List organized from least likely to be revealed to most likely to be revealed.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Combat Update Preview/Demonstration (atleast 2 primary archetypes)
    2. Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Bard or Summoner Primary Archetype Preview
    3. Artisan classes(Gathering, Processing or Crafting) Preview/Demonstration (reasonably in-depth if possible)
    4. Character Creator Preview/Demonstration

Quite a large sum of copium but, i'm a reasonably hopeful person.
    List organized from least likely to be revealed to most likely to be revealed.

pretty much this. Art is cool and all, and brand new things like the Py'Rai models especially so. It's not what gets me excited, though. I want to see things that show the actual game.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Would really like to see a new archetype or more 3D art of one the races in action in the world.

Showing part of the combat revamp might be cool but maybe still early for that depending on how big the team working on that is.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • CawwCaww Member
    1) Alpha-2 start date

dang.... I guess that's it
  • CriminalCupcakeCriminalCupcake Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tulima wrote: »

What we probably will see
    1. Cosmetics
    2. New mounts

I.... I hope you're wrong? Lol but ya...
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Bard/Summoner (mechanic details, doubtful without a replacement for Jeff)
    2. Welcoming a new systems dev or replacement for Jeff on screen
    3. More crafting updates (fishing would be nice if farming is off the table due to lack of freehold finalization.)
    4. Weapon Procs (and how they differ by weapon.)
    5. Character Creator (mostly because Steven promised it, not out of actual interest.) Or have new UE5 footage. I think we'd all appreciate an update on that transition.
    Node coffers: Single Payer Capitalism in action
  • MerekMerek Member
    1. A decent combat system.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 2022
    Let's see, being both realistic and positive, and focusing on things that I could be hype for...

1. Any further examples of augments, in particular 'the sort of thing that Fighter adds to Cleric' because it could give some fairly good context since these two are far apart in general goals.
    2. Any further Freehold stuff, I figure this might actually be far enough along to see something even if it is just a few more example placements, a tech demo of it half-working would be good too, I don't think it would lead to too many misconceptions or negative perspectives.
    3. A design concept similar to the Animal Husbandry reveal for anything else, maybe Gathering, I could be hype for that or at least a discussion might happen
    4. Information on how fleshed out each system currently is in its 'pod', since that's development and I follow this game because they report on development, but I feel like that's been happening less lately and I'd like to see it again.
    5. Any prototype rework of any of the Alpha-1 Archetypes, even a rework-in-progress, since right now, it's in limbo, I believe we were told that quite a lot of what we saw even in Alpha-1 is subject to change, but since we already know that, I can't see it doing much harm to throw out some new 'potential stuff'.

Edit: s/classes/Archetypes/g
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• In no specific order.

1. Jeff returns.
    2. Jeremy Soule appointed lead composer.
    3. Honesty (no corporate speak)
    4. More Q&A answers.
    5. Guest speaker?
  • Would love to see some summoner stuff
    Combat updates
    Nodes 3
    Character creator
    Tulnar

Maybe meet someone new on the dev team that hasn't been on the live stream before
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh! There is a new hire I was hoping would be mentioned last month...I hope they will be announced this week.
  • BirthdayBirthday Member
    edited March 2022
    "Steven plans for Ashes to not have numerical values on health bars." I heard this on the forums.
    Is this true and if so then what does this mean for Ashes. How will it look?
    how will it feel?
    What will be the cues for health & mana if we don't have numbers?
    Why do you prefer this design path as opposed to the numerical path - pros and cons?
    Can you think of a way this relates to the game having no DPS meter and of ways this relates to the game if it has a DPS meter?
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Very early proof of concept for PAX several years ago I expect it to look something like this where the opponents health bar breaks down in some way.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HviBudeo-xU
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • SnaleSnale Member
    Tulnar
    Combat
    Character creator
  • knickiiknickii Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. A peek at the character creator
    2. Combat update

Pretty much same as everyone else
  • Birthday wrote: »
    "Steven plans for Ashes to not have numerical values on health bars." I heard this on the forums.
    Is this true and if so then what does this mean for Ashes. How will it look?
    how will it feel?
    What will be the cues for health & mana if we don't have numbers?
    Why do you prefer this design path as opposed to the numerical path - pros and cons?
    Can you think of a way this relates to the game having no DPS meter and of ways this relates to the game if it has a DPS meter?

Raise a new thread for this, I don't think this is on topic with this discussion.

You can also ask this question in the thread to post questions you want answered in the upcoming live stream.
  • Alpha 2 release date, lol
  • Other than Alpha 2 date, i would love to see more spell/fighting mechanics. We've seen a lot of wand attacking, would love to see staff, bow etc.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Some of the UI, support screen graphic layouts/development direction/theme
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited March 2022
    I'm less concerned about an Alpha 2 announcement, mainly because I don't think they are remotely close to publishing a date they can hit - which at this point they have to hit specific dates they throw out there.

I really want to see marked progress on:
    1. a decision and smooth demonstration of the combat system
    2. a dynamic, functioning node system
    3. additional archetypes

I don't want to see a single mount. :D
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • akabear wrote: »
    Some of the UI, support screen graphic layouts/development direction/theme

UI yes!! That is so so important.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • 1. boats
    2. caravans
    3. elf and orc body models
    4. combat gameplay footage
    5. alpha 2 start date

my list goes from most reasonable to most copium
  • giphy.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • I just want a Alpha 2 window i already know everything is going to be amazing to me so all i care about is start window