Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, June 30, 2023 at 11am Pacific

124»

Comments

• Options
    MihaiMihai Member
    How can freehold owners charge station users? Rent, output fee, or both? What if owner is offline? Can they pick an option?
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Since this livestream is about freeholds, are you safe while ON your freehold or do you need to be IN a building to have PVP safety?
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    RalizekRalizek Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Over the years the PVP safety of freeholds has gone back and forth from "on your freehold" and "inside your housing". Can we get some clarification on where the line is and if that applies to NPC's on freeholds as well?
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited June 2023
    Hello again, glorious Ashes of Creation community! Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a question with us for this month’s stream.

Q&A submissions are now closed, and we’ll see you at 11AM Pacific on Friday for our livestream!

twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    School of magic question - Will transformation be limited or changed in nature depending on what class and sub-class combination is used?
  • Options
    RotahnRotahn Member
    Are we free to place our freehold in any part of the land controlled by the city, or will we be restricted to certain areas.
  • Options
    Will freeholds be limited by time/labor points or some other system to balance the economy?
  • Options
    ChocometeorChocometeor Member
    edited June 2023
    Freehold Questions:

-If working on the Freehold is one of my Main things in Ashes will i loose everything (The Buildings, the Land, the Herbs i planted) if i loose it during a Node Siege ?
    would be really gamebreaking for me.

-If the Freeholds are Open World how much space will contributed to only Freehold-land ? will it be like A LOT or is it just a very restricted lucky thing to get a Freehold ?

-If we see all the awesome Freehold-Skins that can be bought in the Shop wouldnt it really turn down the graphical Quality of Ashes if every bright shiny Freehold Skin that we saw stand next to each other ? (Like a Ice House next to a Fire themed House we saw)

Big concerns from me. i hope to see one of my Questions :)
    uwu
  • Options
    Can we get a rough breakdown as to what crafting stations will be possible in Node-centres themselves, and what players might need to do to make them available?
  • Options
    considering that trash talk is a major part of a pvp game, are you making allowances for trash talk in rp?

i personally like the idea of allowing any kind of trashtalking, so long as it is done in an rp manner. it adds participants to the rp community, and spices up the general trashtalk youll be getting anyways. though ive only seen it in private servers.
  • Options
    BalanzBalanz Member
    edited June 2023
    Will Animal Husbandry absolutely require access to a Freehold, or will "Husbandry Stations" be available elsewhere?

Will anyone other than the owner of a Freehold be able to practice Animal Husbandry there?
  • Options
    i hope to see one of my Questions :)

Then, you should have posted BEFORE the deadline had already passed.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    -If working on the Freehold is one of my Main things in Ashes will i loose everything (The Buildings, the Land, the Herbs i planted) if i loose it during a Node Siege ?

""Destroyed freeholds are subject to material loss.[89]
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Freeholds#Freehold_destructibility
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited June 2023
    Mihai wrote: »
    How can freehold owners charge station users? Rent, output fee, or both? What if owner is offline? Can they pick an option?

LOL, they didn't mean to split them all up into individual posts.....

Have a read of Vaknar's very first post in the thread:
    Vaknar wrote: »
    In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below - the more direct, and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)!
  • Options
    Lark WyllLark Wyll Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2023
    nceew6bpr35h.jpg

Seeing the Lumberyard image makes me hope that plans to eventually re-introduce a similar Shipwright system and building hasnt been scrapped completely and is just delayed. Any chance player ship building will be developed as a system after the initial game release?

I think it would be a missed opportunity if it was removed from the games potential completely. Delayed for later content development is perfectly acceptable imo.
    u3usdraa7gs1.png

• Options
    during the stream, can you tell us what the plans to keep content relevant and not ridiculously easy are?

for example,

WoW: 99% of the game is completely pointless now, the level scaling is terrible and old zones are deader than dead because theres no point in anyone doing it

. ESO: overland content regardless of your level is ZERO challenge, i can pull 20 enemies at a time and have literally no chance of death

level scaling could work if its implemented well enough that you still have a chance of getting rekt like in vanilla wow, pulling more than two enemies was asking for trouble
  • Options
    I am interested in-game character relationships and potentially a marital system and the effect this could have on gameplay mechanics? Also, would you ask Bethany if she would marry me (in real life) I love her and can't imagine my life without her. <3We will be watching together.
  • Options
    OutRage87 wrote: »
    I am interested in-game character relationships and potentially a marital system and the effect this could have on gameplay mechanics? Also, would you ask Bethany if she would marry me (in real life) I love her and can't imagine my life without her. <3We will be watching together.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Marriage this link might be helpful for you. (Good luck on the proposal btw!)
  • Options
    Will freehold skins be able to be turned off for those that don't want an immersion breaking experience, such as Ice freeholds within the desert or volcano biome?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Greetings everyone - thank you so much again for sharing your questions with us, and for tuning in for today's livestream! In case you didn't hear us cover your question on the stream, it may be because we've shared an answer previously - check out more on that below!

As a general reminder, many questions can be answered by checking out the wiki!

@SWAMPSHARK (question), @Ace1234 (question), @Raseirii (question), @Darkishninja (question), @Parsi11 (question 1, 2), @Mirai (question 1, 2, 3), @Heljy (question) - Please only post one question next time as requested, and if you only posted one question, please make sure to keep it as direct/succinct as possible - that way it's more likely to be picked!

@NiKr (question) - Steven elaborated on this question back in February! You can see what he said on the subject here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FxHjg0YgiM&amp;t=5111s

@Immortality (question) - I believe this question will have been answered on stream <3

@Emberstone (question) - It is very possible players may encounter this obstacle while adventuring in Verra 😈

@LemosFS (question) - We haven't announced any future packs with a cloak-and-hood costume at this time. However, that doesn't mean it won't be something that can be acquired in the future, if not as a cosmetic item, then as an item in-game! <3

@Dizz (question) - There will be many roads to travel and plenty of beautiful vistas to admire from atop your mount while riding in Verra <3

@Vlhadus (question) - A player will likely not technically need to be a citizen of a node before building a Freehold. Instead, building a Freehold will likely grant them citizenship! <3

@NyceGaming (question) - Interesting question! My own personal favorite examples are the races. Some of them have gone through several iterations, such as the Niküa and Ren'Kai. The community feedback we receive has been very helpful, as we want to make the playable races as awesome as we can!

@HolyEmpress (question) - Freeholds are limited to one per account. You can read much on what has been said about Freeholds and all other systems here, on the wiki!

@Natep (question) - Players will likely be unable to target and heal/buff enemy NPCs. Players may be able to target/heal enemy players, but this may affect their own status, possibly flagging them as combatants.

@Alyxavior (question) - Freeholds have a lot of moving parts, so to speak. Because they're involved with so many different systems in the game, making sure they play well with one another poses fun and interesting challenges for design!

@JeanPhilippeQC (question) - We're working hard on making Alpha Two the best experience we can! Please stay tuned for more information on which languages will be available at the beginning and during Alpha Two as we progress further in development! <3 For now, you can learn more about language support here, on the wiki!

@Kiwi_ (question) - Community feedback often makes decision-making and design choices much clearer! Many systems are still being designed and reiterated, so we always appreciate community feedback!

@SkylarckTheBotanist (question) - We've been very busying with hiring recently! We've brought on quite a few new people. With that said, the careers page will always be fluctuating to reflect hiring needs! As for how many people currently work at Intrepid, there are many! with the number constantly growing as we continue our progress on the game! <3

@Heljy (question) - Hello! Your question was answered last month :) You can find that answer here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/402774/#Comment_402774

@-T0Mb- (question) - I believe your question will have been answered on stream <3

@MrBok (question) - If a non-combatant attacks a corrupt player, the non-combatant will not flag as a combatant. You can learn much on what has been said regarding player corruption here, on the wiki!

@GoodSheperd (question) - Recently, Steven had this to say regarding your question: "It's important to note that in a lot of MMOs that probably many of us have played. PVP can feel like a slapped on design consideration; and our approach is very holistic in the sense that we take into account the fact this is a PvX game. So when we're designing the class kits, we are making sure that mechanics and designs are targeting applicability both in PvE settings as well as PvP settings. That's very important. There are also special mechanics, like how threat is used in PvP, how taunts are used in PvP. Those things I think require testing, but we have some ideas that will make them relevant so that you don't have abilities that have no relevancy in PvE or PVP, but have some cross application." You can read more here, on the wiki!

@Castai (question) - It may be possible to fail a craft, with some professions under some circumstances. In theory, something will be lost while something else maintained. This depends on many things, and will especially depend on future testing and feedback :)

@AndrosXYX (question) - Please stay tuned for updates regarding the Summoner as we progress further in development <3

@Ozijak (question) - We're excited to have Bill on the team and Bill is excited to be here! For now, let's give him some time to settle in before we perhaps put him on a livestream ^_^

@horendis (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding Quarriers as we progress closer toward Alpha Two! <3

@Hoozierpopz (question) - We haven't seen a Verran woodchuck creature at this time <3

@Valorinth (question) - We would love both boarding enemy ships and ranged combat between ships to be featured in naval combat in Ashes of Creation <3

@Sengarden (question) - You can read more about what has been said regarding mount abilities, including currently planned ones and their functions here, on the wiki!

@Azherae (question) - Certificates to place Personal shops (player-owned shops) may be purchased by citizens and non-citizens from Economic nodes. These certificates allow the placement of a personal shop near the unique building in an economic node or on a freehold. You can read more on this here, on the wiki!

@Cadac (question) - Here is a page on Freehold Permissions on the wiki! <3

@1Miracle (question) - We will have more information regarding features such as this as we progress further in development <3

@jillorval (question) - This is very neat tech and a cool use of AI! Personally, I look forward to seeing what this looks like in the future of gaming, when it has had more time to develop! :)

@Fantmx (question), @superhero6785 (question) - Granting players access to your Freehold Crafting Stations is a planned permissions feature! You can read more about this here, on the wiki!

@Scole (question) - Our goal is to have content accessible through different means and actions! Such as a Storyarc being opened up due to the efforts of players.

@mcnasty (question) - We want every archetype and class to be viable! With the right choice of secondary archetype and skill points, you're very likely to find a class you enjoy playing, while of course being viable!

@Zent75 (question) - I believe this question will have been answered on stream! ^_^

@Daedelus (question) - There’s no answer to share right now regarding “what is the maximum number of Freeholds on a server.”
    As we test things during Alpha Two, we anticipate we’ll make adjustments based on how players engage with this system. As we balance things like Freehold density, based on hands-on testing with players, will have some impact on what this number is.

@Steak77 (question) - Please stay tuned for more information on weapons and weapon skills as we progress further in development! <3

@Myosotys (question), @Fiddlesnarf (question) - You can read about what has been said regarding Gear Binding here, on the wiki!

@Trenker (question) - We will have more detailed information to share regarding Freeholds as we progress further in development. Keep in mind that some features are subject to testing! <3 For now, you can read more on Freehold Placement here, on the wiki! Be sure to check out the livestream VOD in case you missed it live!

@Tyrol (question) - We're keeping gliding mounts in mind when designing and creating Verra! We want to be very intentional in how to combine the world and mounts <3

@MMOAddict (question) - Here is the wiki page on the Companion App. Here, you can learn about our currently planned features!

@RudeDiable (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding detailed naval mechanics as we progress further in development! <3

@Kesarakk (question) - Players will be able to create Player Stalls. They'll also be able to hire NPCs for their Freeholds! You can read more about this here, on the wiki!

@Venkal (question) - Naval content is something we'd love to have featured during Alpha Two! <3

@RazThemun (question), @Raven016 (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding Alpha Two as we progress further in development! <3

@Kondor1 (question) - I'm not sure I understand your question! 😅

@Nepoke (question) - Steven talked about this on stream! You can see this here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1859807584?t=01h17m10s

@Leonerdo5 (question) - There will be plenty of content to participate in for PvP lovers! A prime example of this is Arenas! <3

@Sunscript (question) - We'll have more information to share regarding Guild Halls in the future, as we get closer to Alpha Two! :)

@Liniker (question), @PlasticLemons (question), @Drunkninja (question), @LeonaEvangelica (question), @JustVine (question), @Ongfrnocap (question), @RowniSciponi (question), @Hutchy1989 (question) - Your questions were ones we hoped to have gotten to on stream but didn't quite have the time. We'd love it if you come by next month for the next development update livestream to ask them again! ^_^

@SongRune (question), @Zekethephoenix (question), @Tyranthraxus (question), @zaayr (question), @Strangeape (question), @TeemEmurica (question), @Jahlon (question), @Peregrinum (question), @Schmuky (question), @JibbsIRL (question) - Congratulations! Your questions were answered by Steven and Margaret on the livestream! Be sure to check out the VoD on YouTube in case you missed it live! :)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    📺 🔗 If you were not able to watch it live, we just posted the Freehold gameplay segment on our YouTube channel!

https://youtu.be/ZHkMaNWiKg0

🏠 🙌 Let us know what you think in the comments!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    🏡 We just dropped a bunch of Freehold knowledge! https://youtu.be/K-OyTa9pgQk

❓ What info were you most excited to learn about?

(Updated the OP as well.)
    marketing.gif
  • Options
    LochLoch Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I used to play lineage 2, and they had a tank called the Dark Avenger, that had thorns, bleeds, and a summon. Will there be any way to have a class similar to that as a tank in Ashes?
  • Options
    If higher tier equipment will be an important factor to the player base, and the ability to craft the highest tier of gear is only granted to those in a Scientific Node (or it's proximity). What's to stop that node type from becoming a meta node, especially when it already has the capability for limited fast travel?
  • Options
    RicayuRicayu Member
    Freehold Questions:

-If the Freeholds are Open World how much space will contributed to only Freehold-land ? will it be like A LOT or is it just a very restricted lucky thing to get a Freehold ?

-If we see all the awesome Freehold-Skins that can be bought in the Shop wouldnt it really turn down the graphical Quality of Ashes if every bright shiny Freehold Skin that we saw stand next to each other ? (Like a Ice House next to a Fire themed House we saw)

Big concerns from me. i hope to see one of my Questions :)

I believe this was answered... oh maybe 2020? Each node has a limited population. In order to have a freehold, you have to be a resident of the node of influence. I do not specific numbers, but it grows as the node grows. I don't think there will be hundreds of freeholds popping up everywhere where you will feel like you are in a neighborhood like the city. I could be remembering information incorrectly, so feel free to correct me anyone, but that is what I recall from several years back when the discussions pertained to those being rewarded for having a house in a town that grows up into a metropolis. Those people with the node get amazing home spaces if the city becomes a metropolis... freeholds were mentioned with the above information... but again, I may be off on some of my details from way back when.
  • Options
    What is Intrepid's stance on datamining, are there any technologies planned to prevent/slow it down?