Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cryptocurrency?

124»

Comments

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The idea of earning crypto tokens through gameplay is more than a concept – it's a trend on the rise. Imagine leveling up and being rewarded with valuable tokens that hold real-world value. Some games are already exploring this concept, connecting the virtual and real economies. Speaking of crypto, if you're keen on exploring further, consider delving into the exciting world of XMR to ETH exchange. Who knows, your in-game tokens might find a new home there someday! Happy gaming and exploring the crypto frontier!

This isn't a crypto game. Please leave and never post here again.

evmarkxkpx0w.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Haha, you've got a point there with "t2w" – time2win!
  • Options
    EjectTheDeadEjectTheDead Member
    edited November 2023
    It's interesting to see how different games and systems handle the concept of winning and fairness.

By the way, have you ever delved into the world of crypto presales? It's like a whole new game in the crypto world, with its own set of rules and strategies. Always something intriguing to explore in the ever-evolving realm of cryptocurrencies!
  • Options
    if you look how many likes each side gets (Elgondamo sometimes gets 0) you kinda see what side the most of the future customers could be on. Also why should they put in the effort/Time/Work for it when so much companys fail with crypto and on top gets negative press releases and players avoinding this kind of "games".
    its just a point to fail for AoC with little to no benefit( for most of the playerbase i guess)
  • Options
    CatSnievansCatSnievans Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would count my losses and abandon the game if there was cryptocurrency involved.
    Last Week's News, Today!
    Youtube
    Twitch
  • Options
    the thing with adding crypto to games is that even if you can make it work (making it fun and worth something) you then have the massive issue of cheaters and botters and so on there has not yet been invented a way to prevent that from happening at the scale it needs to for it to work
    animated_flag.gif?ex=65e4cf56&is=65d25a56&hm=50114975e9baf8e739b5a5352418a0470b66437b8641ba05c7ebfd184d8ee79d&=&width=2173&height=780
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    The whole industry is done.

Crypto died brah.

9p0hm2dc0s7h.jpg

• Options
    Throw this idea back into the hell it came from. If you want to be paid, go work. Games are recreational, if you can't be bothered to play them without expecting real world payment of some sort, I think you are in the wrong place to begin with.

The consequences of monetizing a game have been as far as I am aware always led to:
    • More botting and other forms of cheating, because there are people who want to just sit comfortably at home and be paid for not working at all
    • The fun parts of the game - story, game mechanics and other players - become obstacles to the "earning" process, basicaly the option of being paid to play for speciic actions ingame creates hostility towards all things not earning you something IRL

Also: IF a company would offer a system that would allow for widespread net positive payment out of the game, the company is exposing itself to financial risks not only from outside but also from inside the game - and if they set up the system to always result in a net negative for players anyways they simply designed an exploitation mechanic.

There is nothing real to gain from introducing pay-out mechanics into games, but a whole lot to lose.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't have any worries that Ashes will incorporate this horrible idea (or the stupidity that is NFTs). However, should they blindside us with it anyway, I am also cutting my losses on the spot. Well, I would attempt to get my money back, but either way, the game would be dead to me then and there.
  • Options
    the thing with adding crypto to games is that even if you can make it work (making it fun and worth something) you then have the massive issue of cheaters and botters and so on there has not yet been invented a way to prevent that from happening at the scale it needs to for it to work

This is a really good point. Would prob be ruinous for the game.
    Crypto died brah. This is why you don't necro two year old threads.

4wp7isdrob7c.png
  • Options
    WarRathWarRath Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    "Crypto farming has no business in a video game. Talk about a crazy path towards pay to win, so many ways that Crypto would totally screw things up."

Well said brother!
    ivpyvbbwcuwd.png
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    IMO the only way money should impact a game, is just what it costs to access the game. The minute money impasts what gose on inside the game. Is when the games fails on meny levels. Only level I'm slightly ok with is the sell of cosmetics. When making money from playing is a level I would not even consider the game.
  • Options
    PahornamutPahornamut Member
    edited March 14
    It's truly exciting to see how deep and engaging the game world is becoming, capturing our imaginations and inviting us to spend countless hours exploring every nook and cranny. The idea of integrating some form of crypto token reward for gameplay is fascinating, especially with the advancements in Ethereum and blockchain technology. It opens up a whole new realm of possibilities where our dedication and time spent in our favorite MMO can be recognized and rewarded in a tangible way. With platforms like binarycent offering innovative trading options, the bridge between gaming achievements and real-world rewards becomes even more accessible. If implemented, this could revolutionize the way we perceive and interact with video games, turning passionate gaming into a potentially rewarding career for dedicated players. The future of gaming looks bright, and it's thrilling to think about being part of this groundbreaking shift.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Pahornamut wrote: »
    It's truly exciting to see how deep and engaging the game world is becoming, capturing our imaginations and inviting us to spend countless hours exploring every nook and cranny. The idea of integrating some form of crypto token reward for gameplay is fascinating, especially with the advancements in Ethereum and blockchain technology.

No, go away with that please.
  • Options
    TheHiddenDaggerInnTheHiddenDaggerInn Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hard pass, keep that crap out of games.
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst And
    Wednesday's at 7:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn/featured
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Pahornamut wrote: »
    It's truly exciting to see how deep and engaging the game world is becoming, capturing our imaginations and inviting us to spend countless hours exploring every nook and cranny. The idea of integrating some form of crypto token reward for gameplay is fascinating, especially with the advancements in Ethereum and blockchain technology.

qoxb5j86eyx9.png
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui