Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is AoC finally the WoW killer?

124»

Comments

• Options
    People who are hopelessly addicted to a game like WoW, pretty much have a stockholm syndrom relationship to it and the things they achieved in it and think anyone cares about their +90% completionist rate...
    , will never stop to play WoW, even if Ashes will take 85% of WoW's entire playerbase from it in a storm.
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Marcet wrote: »
    Yes, consider wow dead.

The Problem is -> that many People keep it "artificially alive" due to lacking Willpower to make a Break for some Years,

( as i have done between Summer 2018 to 2022 ),

and that many People always act like they have the greatest Fun ever -> just to farm ingame Cosmetics and Mounts completely alone and talk to almost no One.

I kid' you not,
    there were People - IN AVERAGE - who talked MORE with others in WoW Vanilla, while not even being inside a Guild,

than there are People now talking with others ingame, when most of them ARE actively in a Guild. This is how much Friends and Friendlists were cherished long back then.

It may differ from Country to Country, though.

Well said, I am one of those people keeping it artificially alive right now. I feel like its on life support. SoD is pretty fun and will be for the next year, However, as soon as the Alpha 2 drops I am gone like the wind. I agree completely with the friend list concept and how socialization has changed dramatically. I hope brings back the good old communication of the past.
    c8ybb18afj2p.jpg
    "The gods do not fear death. They greet death as an old friend. When your time comes to return to the ashes, move forward knowing death is merely one of many paths to a new adventure."
  • Options
    Morgalf wrote: »
    Well said, I am one of those people keeping it artificially alive right now. I feel like its on life support.

I feel very similar to that. Most People i see ingame when i am online for a Month - every two Months,

these most People "are just there". I see no one really doing Stuff like RP-Events or otherwise play for Fun alone. Many People grind the Battlegrounds like it's the only Content,

and the few People i know in my Friendlist - who seem "most alive" to me -> are usually doing Mythic Dungeons. Since "WHEN" by Magni's crystalized Beard became Mythic Dungeons the most "lively" Content ? lol

It's not even Raids anymore compared to them. All Raid Groups i participated in, in the last Years -> which were not even LFR but solid Raid Groups made from Guilds,

were kinda silent and nobody there was really saying anything. In the last Two Years the most Interactions i did with "Strangers" for other Players,

were when i complimented some absolute Stranger for his Character having an awesome looking Transmog. I mean okay, i do play on a Roleplay Server - but this is just insane.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    People hope that one day an mmo will be as popular as WoW was years ago.
    That cannot happen anymore.
  • Options
    I have been playing Warcraft for 26 years and believe me when I say; Wow has killed it's self already, it doesn't need help from any other game. Won't ever be playing WoW again, the game is rapped up in politics now. The game is over. Not even Chris Metzen can save a train wreck that's run off a bridge into the ground 1000 feet below with a massive explosion and tens of millions of people on board.
  • Options
    JC31 wrote: »
    I have been playing Warcraft for 26 years and believe me when I say; Wow has killed it's self already, it doesn't need help from any other game. Won't ever be playing WoW again, the game is rapped up in politics now. The game is over. Not even Chris Metzen can save a train wreck that's run off a bridge into the ground 1000 feet below with a massive explosion and tens of millions of people on board.

But if they would put you in charge to resurrect it, what would you do?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I'm not a WoW gamer. But I don't think anything can "kill" WoW. It's an iconic game that paved the way for many games today. WoW doesn't have to and is not competing with any game.

It's also a completely different game than AOC. They can't be compared and there's no competition between the two.

If there's any game AOC is competing against it's games like New World and Elder Scrolls Online.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Considering WoW even with this absolute horrendous expansion they brought out still has 8 million players and they have already announced a new expansion, highly doubt it.
    When AoC drops WoW will most likely drop in numbers but unfortunately will never die

Game has too many hardcore players that won’t ever leave due to their time and effort put in
    Plus adding classic (re playing the old expacs) brought them back a bit and thats 1/3rd of its player base now
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    People hope that one day an mmo will be as popular as WoW was years ago.
    That cannot happen anymore.

I think Ashes is right now willing to challenge you on that Statement ... ...

Pyrolol wrote: »
    Considering WoW even with this absolute horrendous expansion they brought out still has 8 million players ... ...

Strange. Some People claimed during Shadowlands, they had around 2,4 Million Players as an absolute low.
    Always these Numbers. And i have never any way of confirming what is true and what not. :D

Well,
    if WoW still has so many Players - then i guess good for it. But i stick with it -> the Moment a really good, popular MMO comes out, WoW will be put to the Test.

And it looks like Ashes of Creation will be the next, new Challenger and Contender regarding that.

Just want to remind here -> " Housing " is still not in WoW even with Players asking for it, since Vanilla. And honestly the Garrison just can't compare.

Right now we can only talk about this -> but imagine how spicey it will get, one Year from now on. B)
    a50whcz343yn.png