Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I'm devastated.

SevenWhite7SevenWhite7 Member
edited January 23 in General Discussion
I've already submitted a request/ticket, but I'm also feeling the need to vent/express.

I'm devastated.

Like many of you, I've waited literal years for this game.
I have been saving birthday $, and even skipping meals on occasion in order to save up for being able to pre-order this game.

I had no idea that only 6 days ago the pre-orders would be going away.
I'm just hoping and (literally) praying that there's some way I can still manage to get a key.
And I'm not even asking for one for free; I finally have enough to be able to afford it.

Ironically, had I known about the ability to upgrade one's pre-order, I'd have ordered the cheaper one a while back, and upgraded along the way, as I saved up enough.

Anyway, I hope to see all of you guys later this year in-game.
#Here'sToHoping

Comments

• Options
    You skipped meals to play an alpha game? Iam very sorry about your financial situation, but if you're in that situation better spend it on something else. Besides that It was well communicated for month, that alpha key buying will end. It was even in the newsletter.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Rest in pepperoni friend, hopefully you'll get one in the giveaways.

qbmahqqdalzz.png
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I'm always curious, how exactly do people "wait/follow the game for years" yet they miss the most basic info that's been repeated on all media sources and all social platforms FOR MONTHS.

I understand that I'm clinically online and all that, but I'm just baffled that people are so damn oblivious sometimes.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If you are skipping meals to save up for a video game in alpha, but you don't see any of the several posts/emails/videos from the past 4 months about the packs ending, maybe its a wake up call that something ain't right
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    pohhn9zq8yjw.png
    Take this pineapple pizza to make your pain go away quickly.
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

6u9pmi48yr87.jpg
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited January 23
    I've already submitted a request/ticket, but I'm also feeling the need to vent/express.

I'm devastated.

I have been saving birthday $, and even skipping meals on occasion in order to save up for being able to pre-order this game.

I'm just hoping and (literally) praying that there's some way I can still manage to get a key.
    And I'm not even asking for one for free; I finally have enough to be able to afford it.

Ironically, had I known about the ability to upgrade one's pre-order, I'd have ordered the cheaper one a while back, and upgraded along the way, as I saved up enough.

Anyway, I hope to see all of you guys later this year in-game.
    #Here'sToHoping

If you have one of the packs why don't you upgrade to the alpha version if you have the money now?

Nvm guessing you didn't get it actually lol.
  • Options

It wasn't a secret. They were pretty open and loud-spoken about it.

Hopefully you can get into Beta, and will be in a better situation financially by then.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Hinotori wrote: »

6u9pmi48yr87.jpg

It hurts my soul to see people not enjoying the goodness and virtues of an amazing pineapple pizza.

It makes me hurt, suffer and feel sorry for them. k4ux8c8a0v9d.gif
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Good luck on any future sale or giveaway :/
    Signature-member.gif
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    pohhn9zq8yjw.png

After pineapple pizza, everything else is a mere inconvenience indeed.
  • Options
    Hinotori wrote: »

6u9pmi48yr87.jpg

It hurts my soul to see people not enjoying the goodness and virtues of an amazing pineapple pizza.

Hahaha, imagine someone who likes pineapple pizza actually having a soul! :D:D:D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    A lot of recent accounts popping up with such posts. Fake stories. Nobody is that bad in making decisions and managing life.
    Some even go as far as to make fomo accusations against IS.

Troll accounts from competitors.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    A lot of recent accounts popping up with such posts. Fake stories. Nobody is that bad in making decisions and managing life.
    I'm glad you have such a positive outlook on people.
    8vfewsdwfge7.gif
  • Options
    Many of the comments are almost as disappointing.

How some people can only see this situation through their one, single lens shouldn't surprise me at this point.
    People just assume I'm poor. I'm not, I'm just frugal, and instead of using $ I otherwise need for my family, I save up from birthdays, and intermittently fast (you can Google it) and save that $ as well, instead.
    People just assume that because I'm a gamer who's been interested in a game for a long time, somehow means I'm constantly watching and/or listening all there is to do with said game. I'm not, I'm busy with work and school and life; doesn't mean I'm not excited about a game.

But instead of sympathizing, some people simply seek to demean and belittle; at least one even proposed that I'm somehow a troll from a competing game?
    No one has time for that.
    At least, I certainly don't.

This was my first interaction with this game's community, and honestly probably my last.

Thanks to the few who at least expressed some sympathy for my disappointment.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited January 23
    People just assume that because I'm a gamer who's been interested in a game for a long time, somehow means I'm constantly watching and/or listening all there is to do with said game. I'm not, I'm busy with work and school and life; doesn't mean I'm not excited about a game.
    If you're a working person, I assume you have an email. And I'd assume a working person checks their emails at least once a month.

Here's 5 months-worth of updates directly from Intrepid telling you IN EACH ONE that bundles are coming to an end. It takes barely even 5 minutes to skim/read through this.
    7di7h4ymfzox.png

Last one's literally called THIS SHIT IS ENDING!
  • Options
    VyrilVyril Member
    edited January 23

People just assume that because I'm a gamer who's been interested in a game for a long time, somehow means I'm constantly watching and/or listening all there is to do with said game.

z6wzc7p2068b.png

You created this account 3 hours ago, to post you didn't buy access.

If checking in every 3 months is constantly, then I guess I'm out of the loop on the concept of time.

• Options

This was my first interaction with this game's community, and honestly probably my last.

sad u missed the stuff, i can relate. ive missed alphas and betas by 1 day lmao. anyways, if u gonna stop talking to a community because 2-3 people were mean to you, then id say theres something wrong with u.
  • Options
    TomoBirbTomoBirb Member
    edited January 23
    I feel for you, honestly. I was almost in the same situation, i kept up with the games updates (a lot of the time from youtube or other spaces as well) and was excited, but i never really got into the community until about one month before the sales ended. I had no idea they even still sold Alpha 2 keys or let you upgrade old preorders. I had 6-7 days to come up with the money for the key when i found out and im glad i somehow managed to do it, but despite people saying there was 5 months worth of updates on the sale ending, i understand how that can happen and how shitty that has to be. However if you were planning to save for a key for such a long time and were aware of them still being sold, it would have probably been wise to subscribe to their e-mail newsletter, yeah. :-/

Anyhow, i wish you the best with your support ticket, who knows, maybe the gods of verra are smiling upon you, intrepid isn't known for being an ass about things. If that doesn't work, maybe watching streamers or videos scratches the itch until they might start selling Beta keys again or until you can mayhaps win a lucky A2 key. Heads up, Soldier.
    3mzetjg924oo.png
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NiKr wrote: »
    If you're a working person, I assume you have an email. And I'd assume a working person checks their emails at least once a month.

Here's 5 months-worth of updates directly from Intrepid telling you IN EACH ONE that bundles are coming to an end. It takes barely even 5 minutes to skim/read through this.
    7di7h4ymfzox.png

You guys get e-mails?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    edited January 23
    This is a real post? If you are skipping meals, your priority here shouldn't be this game.

Also information about the end of pre-order packs have been up for...what is it... a good 4-5 months?
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    NiKr wrote: »

7di7h4ymfzox.png

You guys get e-mails?

what is an email?
  • Options
    TomoBirb wrote: »
    I feel for you, honestly. I was almost in the same situation, i kept up with the games updates (a lot of the time from youtube or other spaces as well) and was excited, but i never really got into the community until about one month before the sales ended. I had no idea they even still sold Alpha 2 keys or let you upgrade old preorders. I had 6-7 days to come up with the money for the key when i found out and im glad i somehow managed to do it, but despite people saying there was 5 months worth of updates on the sale ending, i understand how that can happen and how shitty that has to be. However if you were planning to save for a key for such a long time and were aware of them still being sold, it would have probably been wise to subscribe to their e-mail newsletter, yeah. :-/

Anyhow, i wish you the best with your support ticket, who knows, maybe the gods of verra are smiling upon you, intrepid isn't known for being an ass about things. If that doesn't work, maybe watching streamers or videos scratches the itch until they might start selling Beta keys again or until you can mayhaps win a lucky A2 key. Heads up, Soldier.

Jan 3 2024.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited January 23
    Depraved wrote: »
    what is an email?
    If not Alpha2 keys persevering.
    fks3orzbc81o.png
  • Options
    Vyril wrote: »

People just assume that because I'm a gamer who's been interested in a game for a long time, somehow means I'm constantly watching and/or listening all there is to do with said game.

z6wzc7p2068b.png

If checking in every 3 months is constantly, then I guess I'm out of the loop on the concept of time.

Someone's not aware of the game account and forum accounts being separate things 🤔😅
  • Options
    This is a real post? If you are skipping meals, your priority here shouldn't be this game.

Also information about the end of pre-order packs have been up for...what is it... a good 4-5 months?

Google "Intermittent Fasting" 😉
  • Options
    edited January 23
    Aside from Nikr that likes to play both sides for some personal joy, the rest can listen to this:

Posts from new accounts appear about complaining and mentioning tickets regarding the end of A2 packs.
    The same thing happened with the exclusivity of A1 packs when posts from new accounts started complaining about how IS lied about exclusivity when IS decided that they needed more testers and the same happens with the economy system and the same happened with ru.com.

Every time IS makes a decision people will come out if the woods with some stories about how they got done wrong, asking for sympathy.
    I see it as a slight, an indirect (or in the exclusivity mayhem -direct-) accusasion of how IS didnt manage their decision well.

Dont give credance to such posts.
    First world problems.
    In countries that there is war right now in 20fucking24 there are pictures of mothers and fathers carrying babies in one arm and the ruins of their lives on the other.
    Google that instead of whatever this OP linked.

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

I couldn't find any reference to practicing intermittent fasting in order to be able to afford alpha access to an MMORPG. Could you perhaps link the information you are wanting us to have?
  • Options
    edited January 23

It shows your involvement in the development process. Testing is part of it. And you spend a lot more time here, now, than making sure you get access.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vyril wrote: »

z6wzc7p2068b.png

Someone's not aware of the game account and forum accounts being separate things 🤔😅

Sorry to hear, I was actually rather concerned that this would start happening when I realized I also wasn't getting these, I even had to check if it was because I bought already, with someone who hadn't.

Just remember not to judge the community as a whole from what you experienced in this thread. There are at least a few others who just, like you, don't float around much anymore, or don't post because of... well, you just experienced it.

Hopefully you'll get your Alpha-2 chance and some shift in discourse then will erase any unpleasantness from today. But no matter what you do, if Intrepid does offer you help, from my previous experience I'll advise:

DON'T TALK ABOUT IT.

For the sake of anyone else in the same situation, I wouldn't want Intrepid to ever 'end up having to stop helping because it causes a public issue for them'. So if you do get helped, don't link it to forum account, don't post here that you got it resolved, etc.

Just my baseless request.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.