Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Tab targeting combat in PvP makes no sense today.

2»

Comments

• Options
    AnimusRexAnimusRex Member
    edited February 11
    Mag7spy wrote: »

Basic aiming be hard since some of these old school followers are like 50 lmao.

Get our ages right, you whippersnapper. 50 was a long time ago.

And get off my lawn.

The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    AnimusRex wrote: »

And get off my lawn.

XD
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    50 was a long time ago.
    I have to assume you were only 35 when you started following this game though.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    50 was a long time ago.
    I have to assume you were only 35 when you started following this game though.

I think it's 3 more grandkids and a triple bypass later.

The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options

And get off my lawn.

My parents are both in their 60s (first generation gamers) and they are both really interested in AoC due to it's classical approach.

I'd be really disappointed if AoC decided to abandon the tab target part to focus on action combat for their sake alone (for me personally I don't really care so long as it does not turn into a fps or tps). It feels like it would be a huge betrayal to those who have been waiting for AoC in hopes of getting old school MMOs back. :(
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    SoSpokeMikaSoSpokeMika Member
    edited February 11
    Hybrid is perfectly fine. What I would love to see more of are telegraphed skillshots like Scatter Shot. If it was up to me, I would do 80%+ of skill like that.
    Only cleric would have less telegraphed skillshots, because they must be specific about their targets, but even that can be done well (Guild Wars 2)

I would even turn, something like fighter's Rush into skill shot.

SKILL SHOTS!

• Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You not liking it does not mean it is obsolete.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hybrid is perfectly fine. What I would love to see more of are telegraphed skillshots like Scatter Shot. If it was up to me, I would do 80%+ of skill like that.
    Only cleric would have less telegraphed skillshots, because they must be specific about their targets, but even that can be done well (Guild Wars 2)

SKILL SHOTS!

Tis what we are waiting on.
  • Options
    Solvryn wrote: »

SKILL SHOTS!

Tis what we are waiting on.

There could be a version that is like that, we need to see what these augments will be.
  • Options
    Diamaht wrote: »
    No thanks, I don't want to play a shooter. Its not obsolete when all of the most popular mmos, and I mean all of them, have tab targeting.
    All is just wild. ESO, BDO, Tera back in the day were all very successful with action combat. On the other hand, WoW, GW, and SWTOR are successful with tab targeting. I think hybrid is perfect, but I'm gonna adapt to whatever they choose in the end anyways.
    For the empyre !!!
  • Options
    Tab targeting for mass pvp games will always be king regardless of what people think or say i don't think i have ever played a pvx orientated game with only combat targeting that felt any good at all, that's not to say the pve side of it can be fun but for pvp Tab target is by far the better system
    hgadl7e44g58.gif
  • Options
    Adwaa wrote: »
    Tab targeting for mass pvp games will always be king regardless of what people think or say i don't think i have ever played a pvx orientated game with only combat targeting that felt any good at all, that's not to say the pve side of it can be fun but for pvp Tab target is by far the better system

This comment doesn't make a lot of sense to me mainly based on the fact most tab focused mmorpgs are successful based on pve and not the pvp ones lol.

What mmorpgs are you referencing?
  • Options

This comment doesn't make a lot of sense to me mainly based on the fact most tab focused mmorpgs are successful based on pve and not the pvp ones lol.

Tab Target for PvP = Good
    Tab Target for PvE = Good

Combat for PvP = Bad
    Combat for PvE = good

but of course this is just my opinion im not trying to poop on anyone else's :) as far as games go just every Mmo in the last 15-20 years i have pretty much played/tried them all
    hgadl7e44g58.gif
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited February 13

Tab Target for PvP = Good
    Tab Target for PvE = Good

Combat for PvP = Bad
    Combat for PvE = good

but of course this is just my opinion im not trying to poop on anyone else's :) as far as games go just every Mmo in the last 15-20 years i have pretty much played/tried them all

You didn't reference a single mmorpg for pvp.

Edit* if we are going to go by all mmorpgs Rift pvp was mid and unbalanced as hell, shadwobane is not better than action mmorpg combat, City of heroes pvp was not good, Swtor was pretty meh you just do rotation,

What are you using your standard for pvp combat in tab?