Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Could there be a server where you only have 1 character?

Comments

• Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    xmix wrote: »
    Anyway, this is an almost 1 year old post. I only wrote 1 answer, it was thrown up again by others. The forum is there to draw attention to problems and we hope that they will deal with it.and their official position is that there will be no differences between the servers.but I think the alt characters will slowly destroy the base of the game.
    it will impair trade and communication between characters.let's say we take team consisting of 6 people.each has 3-5 alt characters.the number of major professions is 20 or less.number of major castes 8.so this team covers the whole game they can be completely independent.they don't trade and do everything for themselves and will go everywhere in teams, 3 teams in 3 cities and that's 6 people
    you can hold back newcomers by making a lot of alts.and you don't take part in the end game for a long time because you want to have more characters and professions.
    Even a team of 6 players with 5 alts cannot progress a Node very far on their own.
    They cannot win a Siege. They will still need to rely on help from other players to manage Mayoral Caravans.
    They cannot win Castle Sieges on their own.
    Highly unlikely they will be able to manage Social Orgs and Religious Orgs on their own.
    They would still very probably want to have alliances with some Guilds.

Not everyone's goal is to reach the top or take part in the Castle sieges.many people like pve and trade.if 1 person will be able to handle 3-8 professions, it can take the time of the entire game.you don't have to go to pvp.and it's better to draw an extra alt character than to participate in pvp because in the long run the alt character is worth more to him.and these people will disappear for 5-12 months depending on how difficult the character and the development of the professions will be.the professions are important, but I wouldn't allow people to dive into it at such a level and because of this, the pvp content and everything else would be pushed into the background.it is possible to solve this within the game, but they don't communicate that much.there are times when I would regret spending it alt time. But then it wouldn't bother me that someone has more characters.
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    edited February 12
    Anyway, this is an almost 1 year old post. I only wrote 1 answer, it was thrown up again by others. The forum is there to draw attention to problems and we hope that they will deal with it.and their official position is that there will be no differences between the servers.but I think the alt characters will slowly destroy the base of the game.
    it will impair trade and communication between characters.let's say we take team consisting of 6 people.each has 3-5 alt characters.the number of major professions is 20 or less.number of major castes 8.so this team covers the whole game they can be completely independent.they don't trade and do everything for themselves and will go everywhere in teams, 3 teams in 3 cities and that's 6 people
    you can hold back newcomers by making a lot of alts.and you don't take part in the end game for a long time because you want to have more characters and professions.
    Even a team of 6 players with 5 alts cannot progress a Node very far on their own.
    They cannot win a Siege. They will still need to rely on help from other players to manage Mayoral Caravans.
    Highly unlikely they will be able to manage Social Orgs and Religious Orgs on their own.

Not everyone's goal is to reach the top or take part in the Castle sieges.many people like pve and trade.if 1 person will be able to handle 3-8 professions, it can take the time of the entire game.you don't have to go to pvp.and it's better to draw an extra alt character than to participate in pvp because in the long run the alt character is worth more to him.and these people will disappear for 5-12 months depending on how difficult the character and the development of the professions will be.the professions are important, but I wouldn't allow people to dive into it at such a level and because of this, the pvp content and everything else would be pushed into the background.it is possible to solve this within the game, but they don't communicate that much.there are times when I would regret spending it alt time. But then it wouldn't bother me that someone has more characters.

The time investment for what you are describing on the crafting level would be so enormous that very few people would or even could accomplish it. I tried this in FFXIV, Eve Online and in SWG (and even in EQ2 a bit) and the time investment long term is not realistic.

Very few people can hold up, and even the few that could didn't destroy the economy. And keep in mind, FFXIV, SWG and EQ2 all had (or currently have) far smaller servers and fewer market locations than Ashes is planning.

The closest example is Eve, and there, individuals are not the issue. Massive Corps with thousands of players are the ones who can actually influence and control markets.

I understand it's a concern for some, but in the last 20 years I've yet to see individuals with too many alts ruin economies.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Every server is a 1 character server. You can only play 1 character at a time.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Diamaht wrote: »

The time investment for what you are describing on the crafting level would be so enormous that very few people would or even could accomplish it. I tried this in FFXIV, Eve Online and in SWG (and even in EQ2 a bit) and the time investment long term is not realistic.

Very few people can hold up, and even the few that could didn't destroy the economy. And keep in mind, FFXIV, SWG and EQ2 all had (or currently have) far smaller servers and fewer market locations than Ashes is planning.

The closest example is Eve, and there, individuals are not the issue. Massive Corps with thousands of players are the ones who can actually influence and control markets.

I understand it's a concern for some, but in the last 20 years I've yet to see individuals with too many alts ruin economies.

there are 3 blacksmiths in the city whose main character is goldsmiths, they will make a living from this as this will be one of your main sources of income. They will open +6 sub-character blacksmiths for you. logic out the rest by what will happen to the market.it doesn't matter if 5 people or 15 people have the chance to collect.I think this could be a problem with the alt in the longer term, not after 1-2 months but within half a year.maybe the wood or metal you farm could be sold for 1 silver, but they won't even buy it for 10 bronze anymore.but it depends on the balance anyway.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Not everyone's goal is to reach the top or take part in the Castle sieges.
    What does that have to do with anything I wrote?

many people like pve and trade. if 1 person will be able to handle 3-8 professions, it can take the time of the entire game.
    Perhaps what you mean to say is that 1 person with several alts could focus on just PvE and Trade.
    They would still have to interact with the Guilds governing Castles and the Mayors of the 5 Metros.
    A team of 6 players cannot progress a Node on their own. They will have to be relying on other players to some degree.

you don't have to go to pvp.and it's better to draw an extra alt character than to participate in pvp because in the long run the alt character is worth more to him.
    Ashes is designed so that PvP is a key part of most opportunities available.
    So... pretty much everyone will be participating in PvP sometimes. Alts do not help avoid that.

and these people will disappear for 5-12 months depending on how difficult the character and the development of the professions will be.the professions are important, but I wouldn't allow people to dive into it at such a level and because of this, the pvp content and everything else would be pushed into the background.it is possible to solve this within the game, but they don't communicate that much.there are times when I would regret spending it alt time. But then it wouldn't bother me that someone has more characters.
    I couldn't follow the logic of most of the above.
    Some people might disappear after 5-12 months. That has nothing to do with Alts.
    I have Alts in WoW that are almost 20 years old. My decision to stop playing WoW after Cataclysm had nothing to with Alts and everything to do with hating that MMORPGs have an endgame. And my return to WoW with Shadowlands and Dragonflight is signifcantly caused by Seasons and Battle Passes putting an end to endgame.
    Alts really have nothing to do with not being social in WOW - and everything to do with it being a fairly static game, where nothing changes significantly year after year. Everyone on every server pretty much flows through the same themepark rides, so there's not much to talk about.

In Ashes, if you're away for a couple weeks, a couple of towns those alts were relying on might be gone - and it would be necessary to form new relationships with people in the new towns.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member

many people like pve and trade. if 1 person will be able to handle 3-8 professions, it can take the time of the entire game.
    Perhaps what you mean to say is that 1 person with several alts could focus on just PvE and Trade.
    They would still have to interact with the Guilds governing Castles and the Mayors of the 5 Metros.
    A team of 6 players cannot progress a Node on their own. They will have to be relying on other players to some degree.

you don't have to go to pvp.and it's better to draw an extra alt character than to participate in pvp because in the long run the alt character is worth more to him.
    So... pretty much everyone will be participating in PvP sometimes. Alts do not help avoid that.

and these people will disappear for 5-12 months depending on how difficult the character and the development of the professions will be.the professions are important, but I wouldn't allow people to dive into it at such a level and because of this, the pvp content and everything else would be pushed into the background.it is possible to solve this within the game, but they don't communicate that much.there are times when I would regret spending it alt time. But then it wouldn't bother me that someone has more characters.
    Some people might disappear after 5-12 months. That has nothing to do with Alts.
    I have Alts in WoW that are almost 20 years old. My decision to stop playing WoW after Cataclysm had nothing to with Alts and everything to do with hating that MMORPGs have an endgame. And my return to WoW with Shadowlands and Dragonflight is signifcantly caused by Seasons and Battle Passes putting an end to endgame.
    Alts really have nothing to do with not being social in WOW - and everything to do with it being a fairly static game, where nothing changes significantly year after year. Everyone on every server pretty much flows through the same themepark rides, so there's not much to talk about.

In Ashes, if you're away for a couple weeks, a couple of towns those alts were relying on might be gone - and it would be necessary to form new relationships with people in the new towns.

so a small team of 6, they won't be interested in the siege, the big ones will do it.only residents of 1 smaller city will be not 1 metropolis guilds member.so when I wrote that for 5-12 months, I meant that they are in the game but you don't meet them. Because you develop your character to max level and max your profession and then you start 1 new character and again and again.

You you buy 1 plot with a team and you farm it. 1-2 hours of wood cutting 1-2 hours of mining, then you process the raw materials, then you make weapons, since I have all the trades, because of the alts, you make everything for yourself for sale. and it will take your whole day.

Cities come and go from moving to the winner's city with 4-6 people easily. on the other hand, my 3-8 caste and 3-8 profession will remain. And I will do the profession that is the most worthwhile in the city, there is little wood, I cut wood, if it is metal, then I mine it.

farm for 1 hour and earn 100 silver with it. Or go pvp and I can use my expensive potions and at the end I can repair my equipment and at the end you get 1 gg or not even that.

But if I've been chopping wood all week because I only have 1 profession, maybe I'll go to 1 pvp event, but if I have many professions, I might just change professions and enjoy it as much as others the pvp

• Options
    xmixxmix Member

I would be happy if you could not only respond to the title and read 1-2 comments so that you can actually understand what it is all about.If you can't speak , you don't have to force him.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited February 14

so a small team of 6, they won't be interested in the siege, the big ones will do it.only residents of 1 smaller city will be not 1 metropolis guilds member.so when I wrote that for 5-12 months, I meant that they are in the game but you don't meet them. Because you develop your character to max level and max your profession and then you start 1 new character and again and again.

You you buy 1 plot with a team and you farm it. 1-2 hours of wood cutting 1-2 hours of mining, then you process the raw materials, then you make weapons, since I have all the trades, because of the alts, you make everything for yourself for sale. and it will take your whole day.

Cities come and go from moving to the winner's city with 4-6 people easily. on the other hand, my 3-8 caste and 3-8 profession will remain. And I will do the profession that is the most worthwhile in the city, there is little wood, I cut wood, if it is metal, then I mine it.

farm for 1 hour and earn 100 silver with it. Or go pvp and I can use my expensive potions and at the end I can repair my equipment and at the end you get 1 gg or not even that.

But if I've been chopping wood all week because I only have 1 profession, maybe I'll go to 1 pvp event, but if I have many professions, I might just change professions and enjoy it as much as others the pvp

You are assuming here that professions are the only way to make money.

Maybe you spend an hour chopping wood and get 100 silver as you say. Or maybe I come along and take half of your wood and sell it back to you.

Or maybe in the hour you make 100 silver, I defend a caravan and am given 50 gold in return. Or maybe I farm glint and make money that way.

If someone only has one profession, and that profession isn't overly profitable, they just go about making money in other ways.
  • Options
    Doesn't really matter whether the small team of 6 is interested in a Siege.
    If they are citizens of a Node, they will be interacting with other citzens of that Node.
    In Ashes, a team of 6 players cannot do much with their Professions without interacting with other players - even if they each have 3-5 alts.

Who are you buying the plot from?

Just because you make an assertion that it can be done easily does not make it true.

That's not really the way Ashes works.
    It's not about whether you go to a PvP event. PvP will come to you, regardless.
    Doesn't really matter how much you enjoy PvP.
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One

there are 3 blacksmiths in the city whose main character is goldsmiths, they will make a living from this as this will be one of your main sources of income. They will open +6 sub-character blacksmiths for you. logic out the rest by what will happen to the market.it doesn't matter if 5 people or 15 people have the chance to collect.I think this could be a problem with the alt in the longer term, not after 1-2 months but within half a year.maybe the wood or metal you farm could be sold for 1 silver, but they won't even buy it for 10 bronze anymore.but it depends on the balance anyway.

Oh I understand what you are describing. I'm saying it doesn't play out that way in real life.

An over saturated market by one player drives prices down, which drives away competion. Which then raises prices which brings back competition.

The small profit margins make it barely worth the extraordinary effort in competitive times, followed by frustration in noncompetitive times when he starts getting undercut once again. That's just one example of the market correcting itself.

Your rationalizations don't factor in any human or market dynamics.

Also dividing the player base (especially in the early days of the game) or denying alts cause far more problems than they solve.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Noaani wrote: »

You are assuming here that professions are the only way to make money.

Maybe you spend an hour chopping wood and get 100 silver as you say. Or maybe I come along and take half of your wood and sell it back to you.

Or maybe in the hour you make 100 silver, I defend a caravan and am given 50 gold in return. Or maybe I farm glint and make money that way.

If someone only has one profession, and that profession isn't overly profitable, they just go about making money in other ways.

I know there are other ways to earn money. But if you have a lot of alt characters and you have many professions. You don't participate in pvp events because you don't even want to.

In a caravan system, I doubt it would work well from what I've seen of itthe trader will have too much cost and too much to lose.You buy carts, equip you, the raw materials inside are yours, and you also have to pay the mercenaries. It takes 20-30 minutes to go from one city to another, and then you have to go back to your city. And the 1-hour wage of 20-24 people will not be cheap. And they won't pay 5x or 10x prices for your goods. Because another player or max city will buy it from you. But if that's what I want, I'd rather go to the city where the raw material is cheap and transport it myself with my mercenaries .

"If someone only has one profession, and that profession isn't overly profitable, they just go about making money in other ways." But this topic is exactly that if you have alts and several professions. You don't have to look for an alternative.

My goal would have been to have 1 server where only 1 character could be created. I think it would have more positives than negatives. Of course, this also has its negative sides.they start 10 servers, 1 of them should be like this and if there are enough interested people to keep it.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Doesn't really matter whether the small team of 6 is interested in a Siege.
    If they are citizens of a Node, they will be interacting with other citzens of that Node.
    In Ashes, a team of 6 players cannot do much with their Professions without interacting with other players - even if they each have 3-5 alts.

Who are you buying the plot from?

Just because you make an assertion that it can be done easily does not make it true.

That's not really the way Ashes works.
    It's not about whether you go to a PvP event. PvP will come to you, regardless.
    Doesn't really matter how much you enjoy PvP.

I see we will not agree with each other.

let there be 2 cities with 100 people each. one city is not alt, all members of the other city are altosis.in the same way, there are 100 players each, only in one city there will be 100 professions, while in the other there will be 800 professions.100 people cannot completely balance their teams. However, if the city has 800 castet, you can assemble the most optimal teams.maybe there are 2 priests out of 100, so you can compete with the other city.

maybe 1 I will be in a city near the capital and my area will be good with the capital.we trade with him and they don't attack us because we have no chance and we would fail the trade as well

And I don't consider it a great interaction with the city to sell them my unnecessary stuff. so that my team can process everything with all raw materials and produce weapons, jewelry, and clothes.

the purchase of a plot of land, if you have the money you can probably buy it, there may still be minimum requirements, but they are probably not big
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member

Oh I understand what you are describing. I'm saying it doesn't play out that way in real life.

An over saturated market by one player drives prices down, which drives away competion. Which then raises prices which brings back competition.

The small profit margins make it barely worth the extraordinary effort in competitive times, followed by frustration in noncompetitive times when he starts getting undercut once again. That's just one example of the market correcting itself.

Your rationalizations don't factor in any human or market dynamics.

Also dividing the player base (especially in the early days of the game) or denying alts cause far more problems than they solve.

You're too optimistic, what can go wrong will go wrong, it's better to look at it that way, because that's how games work. If they come up with a balance in the beginning, the players will upset it anyway. Because of Altok, the number of professions will increase, but the number of players will remain the same.
  • Options
    edited February 14
    see we will not agree with each other.

let there be 2 cities with 100 people each. one city is not alt, all members of the other city are alts.
    A City with a hundred members that are all alts is not the same thing as a team of 6 where each member has 3-5 alts.
    So… this example supports my claim.
    This example does not support your complaint about a team of 6 players who each have 3-5 alts.

Also, it’s highly unlikely that 33 players with 3 alts each would be able to defend against a Node Siege - so… that Village probably would never become a City.
  • Options
    oOHadesOooOHadesOo Member
    edited February 14
    oOLu_BuOo wrote: »
    Other games have tried this and it doesn't last long term. Old school MMOs like SWG did it to a degree and people pushed constantly for an increase in character limit. People join a server like this, then get tired of the same character or yearn for variety and leave. Or a dominate faction emerges and you either join it or leave.

These types of servers become transient and inconsistent.

This really isn't an alt thread it's a pvp worry thread. Let's manage the pvp system on it's own, instead of fracturing the player base and taking away everyone's alts.

Its not a pvp worry threat its a alts will 100% ruin the economy of the game and highly push solo play over socializing and group play if not regulated threat.

They don't ruin the economy of other games. Why is this one different?

They do. Look at any game where everyone can do every job. How often do you ask someone to craft something for you in ESO ? You don't because you have a crafting alt yourself.
    How often do you buy a valuable gatherable item in MMOs where everyone can do every job? You don't; you just log into your alt, gather the stuff and send it to your main. If you ever do, then it's the cheap ones to save time, but the price for these gatherable items in these games is astronomically low because everyone else can gather them too. You can't make a living in these games as a gatherer unless you use bots and scripts, because the astronomically low price doesn't matter when you have a gathering bot that automatically gathers while you play the game on your main, but that's not a good system or a working economy. If you want to make a living in these games from a job, your only chance to make some money is being a crafter that sells endgame armor. But why would I buy your endgame armor when I can just log into my alt and craft it myself, send it to my main, and safe a huge amount of money?
    It ruined the economy in so many games before there needs to be a system in place that makes it not ruin the economy in Ashes.
    For the empyre !!!
  • Options
    Its not a pvp worry threat its a alts will 100% ruin the economy of the game and highly push solo play over socializing and group play if not regulated threat.
    All of my alts are very social.
    Solo means you don't formally join groups for combat.
    Lots of solo MMORPG players are highly social with other players.
    And alts really have nothing to do with how social an MMORPG player is.

I mean, it pushes solo play, as in, everybody is self-sufficient. You don't need to interact with anyone to acquire your gear or your gatherables. You don't need to search in all chat for a crafter that can craft you something you need and then negotiate a price for that because you have an alt for everything. Obviously, you can always be social. But it's not necessary if everyone can master every job by making alts. And it should be necessary to be social, not an option.
    For the empyre !!!
  • Options
    No its not the vast majority of the current playerbase havent even tested the game yet we didnt even have alpha 2 yet. Ppl dont even know yet what they are gonna like and what not. Just a typical case of ppl having an unchangable opinion about somehting they havent tried out yet.
    I don't know what you are referring to as "current playerbase".
    MMORPG players know what they like and what they don't like.
    Especially when it comes to playing on separate PvE servers and separate RP servers.
    And... by the way... my opinion on the playablity of Ashes has changes pretty much 180 in the last year and a half. (technically more like a 175)
    I don't need to try something once the design is made crystal clear.

Current player base = ppl who plan on playing the game when it comes out.

And you just have to see the irony in your statement yourself, or you're just trying to troll me. If MMO players knew what they liked and what they did not, then your opinion would not have changed 180 in the last year because you knew what you wanted from the start. Now for some people, it's true. I wanted a pvx game 5 years ago, and I am still hyped for that pvx game but obviously a lot of people don't know what they want, so I say try it and judge after since you dont seem to know what you want. Most of the players interested in this game haven't had the chance to play a PvX game before. You don't know if you will like or dislike something you never did before. Therefore, the majority of the ppl currently interested in the game dont know if they like pvx features before trying them out. Just be open about stuff and if you dont like it in alpha 2 then fine, the game is not for you.
    For the empyre !!!
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    see we will not agree with each other.

let there be 2 cities with 100 people each. one city is not alt, all members of the other city are alts.
    A City with a hundred members that are all alts is not the same thing as a team of 6 where each member has 3-5 alts.
    So… this example supports my claim.
    This example does not support your complaint about a team of 6 players who each have 3-5 alts.

Also, it’s highly unlikely that 33 players with 3 alts each would be able to defend against a Node Siege - so… that Village probably would never become a City.

These would only be very extreme examples because of the team of 6 people and the city of 100 people.

Could there be a server where you only have 1 character?
    this is the main question of the forum post.
    I know that there are many positive things that can be achieved with alts, but I think there is also a negative side.

Let's take another example: there is a siege at 19:00 and 20:00. Travel between cities takes 1 hour or 30 minutes. Both sieges last 1 hour.(but there can be a siege and 1 other event on the other side of the world)
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    Other games have tried this and it doesn't last long term. Old school MMOs like SWG did it to a degree and people pushed constantly for an increase in character limit. People join a server like this, then get tired of the same character or yearn for variety and leave. Or a dominate faction emerges and you either join it or leave.

These types of servers become transient and inconsistent.

This really isn't an alt thread it's a pvp worry thread. Let's manage the pvp system on it's own, instead of fracturing the player base and taking away everyone's alts.

They don't ruin the economy of other games. Why is this one different?

They do. Look at any game where everyone can do every job. How often do you ask someone to craft something for you in ESO ? You don't because you have a crafting alt yourself.
    How often do you buy a valuable gatherable item in MMOs where everyone can do every job? You don't; you just log into your alt, gather the stuff and send it to your main. If you ever do, then it's the cheap ones to save time, but the price for these gatherable items in these games is astronomically low because everyone else can gather them too. You can't make a living in these games as a gatherer unless you use bots and scripts, because the astronomically low price doesn't matter when you have a gathering bot that automatically gathers while you play the game on your main, but that's not a good system or a working economy. If you want to make a living in these games from a job, your only chance to make some money is being a crafter that sells endgame armor. But why would I buy your endgame armor when I can just log into my alt and craft it myself, send it to my main, and safe a huge amount of money?
    It ruined the economy in so many games before there needs to be a system in place that makes it not ruin the economy in Ashes.

I'm glad that someone agrees with me. It might be possible to find a solution to these, maybe they do have a solution, but they just don't communicate with us. But maybe they didn't even think about it and don't deal with it. That's why we have the forum to discuss it and, in the best case, they'll read it and at least consider it.

Let's take another example: there is a siege at 19:00 and 20:00. Travel between cities takes 1 hour or 30 minutes. Both sieges last 1 hour.and because of your alt character you can participate in both.

for a player, alt characters can bring a lot of positives, but they probably have negative effects on the community.

if it will take 100 hours to develop 1 character with a profession.I will do 2 in 1 month.but if 500 hours will be 1 character. Then I will not start with 2nd character. And it won't bother you so much if someone has 2-3 there is.

But in my opinion, 1 character on 1 server is still a better solution. It does not require advanced programming knowledge.

There are negative effects of this as well. The biggest one would probably be that you couldn't change caste. You started Pap, the only way you could change caste on that server was to delete it and start all over again.

I just want to have the option to have 1 out of 10 servers like this and if there is interest to see how it performs compared to the others.are there enough people interested in it?

This server would be good for those who have less time to play. he does not want and does not like to constantly improve(leveling alt characters).and many others, but I won't describe them all.probably those who have a lot of time would not come to such a server.

I understand from a financial point of view. 100 hours for 1 character or 800 hours for 8 characters.

But I hope that there will be enough content in the game to keep you interested even with 1 character on 1 server. on which you cannot do altos.

And the game won't be built on that, so that I have 8 characters, I have 8 professions, I have 8 characters, I have to do daily mission, and it took half my day.and if an event comes, I will be able to do it with 8 characters as well

I think 1 player would be able to decide which one they want, but at least the option would be there.

(I'm sorry if sometimes the sentences come out strange, I write with a translator and sometimes it comes out strange or you write a little differently thanwhat i want... )

• Options
    Vaknar wrote: »
    So your concerns are mostly that of alts taking away from some experiences? From my own experience, I've usually kept most of my playtime to one or two characters on a server, just because that's what my time allows. I know friends who have had many alts, but they also generally had more time to invest!

Same! I only have time to invest into one main character. I don't know how some have more than 10 different characters + several accounts. Must be sooo time confusing :tired_face:
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    I just want to have the option to have 1 out of 10 servers like this and if there is interest to see how it performs compared to the others.are there enough people interested in it?
    Ashes will not have any servers with special/unique features or mechanics.
    All servers will have the exact same rulesets.
  • Options
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member

If the developers are not flexible enough in this area. That's when the broken servers come. There is a problem when the broken server is better than the original one. But this is also just a matter of perspective.

if I could get a normal answer to the problems I described. From someone who has some say in the game.then the topic can be closed.

The admin moderator also wrote but did not answer my question.

you can find solutions that I have described. But either they don't have a solution for it, or they don't care, or they can't describe it.

just because you write it down twice doesn't make anything better.

I know this is the official position of the game.

Anyway, I'd be happy if you didn't comment because you don't add anything to the conversation.

I see that you are a 5-star troll, but you don't need to comment everywhere
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

I would be happy if you could not only respond to the title and read 1-2 comments so that you can actually understand what it is all about.If you can't speak , you don't have to force him.

Awwww. So sorry I hurt your feelings.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member

Awwww. So sorry I hurt your feelings.

You are just a bit of a nuisance. But you keep writing and my forum post is always at the front. It's as if there is more and more interest in it. You increase views and the number of comments.
  • Options
    You don't add anything to your own conversation - except trolling all of the people who disagree with you and/or tell you why it's not going to be a thing in Ashes.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    You don't add anything to your own conversation - except trolling all of the people who disagree with you and/or tell you why it's not going to be a thing in Ashes.

I don't say no to anyone who disagrees with me. But if you get involved in every little detail and don't even want to understand what my problem is. I can't deal with that if you say no to everything and don't even try to understand 10% of my problems.

This is 1 meaningful comment. It's unnecessary. I also follow the game and read the forum wiki.

But this forum discussion is about how it might not even be a good idea .

Unless, of course, they want to put 1 million people on 1 server.

You wrote that different people come out with different server ideas every week.

There would certainly be a demand for it. However, the developers are holding back.

I have listed a problem that can only be with the alt characters, if I could get an answer + a solution, I wouldn't have such a thought that I would play on another server if possible

(I wrote it with a translator, I was too lazy to correct it, it came out strange in some places, try not to misinterpret everything)
  • Options
    edited February 15
    The problems you listed aren't valid.
    Many people have explained that to you.

And then you wrote:
    "I just want to have the option to have 1 out of 10 servers like this."

To which I responded: "Ashes will not have any servers with special/unique features or mechanics.
    "

And then you chose to call me a troll.
  • Options
    xmixxmix Member
    As I said, you had 1 meaningful comment. And now you highlight it and pretend as if you were right about everything else. Are you a psychologist?
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    The problems you listed aren't valid.
    Many people have explained that to you.

And then you wrote:
    "I just want to have the option to have 1 out of 10 servers like this."

To which I responded: "Ashes will not have any servers with special/unique features or mechanics.
    "

And then you chose to call me a troll.

Just because you think they are not valid does not mean they are not. Just because there is no rule set server planed does not mean their should not. I have played MMOs since 1999 and some of my favourite gaming was on rule set servers and gave a little twist on what was the norm, making the server something completely different by just a small change. Making communities and long term players.