Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

So apparently it is already starting ... ... ? ... ... (Companies whining and bitching about Ashes)

AszkalonAszkalon Member
edited June 27 in General Discussion
I am aware that like basically Everybody else, i too am just a relatively unimportant little Light in this amazing Forum. So i won't blame Anyone who forgot about all the Moments when i commented and posted between January 2024 and the last Weeks,

- > that Companies " SURE WILL " whine and bitch and nag and talk Trash about Ashes of Creation,

-> when they ALREADY DID IT - WITH BALDURS GATE THREE !!! :mrgreen:

Who else got Wind back then in 2023, that whole Companies got all salty and pissy FAST,
saying Baldurs Gate Three is "an Anomaly" - around the Time of Baldurs Gate Three's Release ?

That the Game is SO unnatural, basically a " Freak " among VideoGames,
so that People should NOT expect now such Passion and Competence to make a good Game - to become "the Standard" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgs6JeLCqU

O rly ??? :mrgreen:

Companies hate Sir Steven ?
All pretty much ALL of Intredid's dear, mighty Crew alongside him - who are working now since YYEEAARRSS to make a good Game, without giving up ? :mrgreen: Awwwwww, i am going to play the World's tiniest Violin now for these poor, poor, "SHITTY" Companies - who are afraid of People actually giving their all - and "loving" the Fantasy Universe of the VideoGame they want to create. ;)

I MADE A PICTURE OF THIS, in the Meme-Topic of this Forum !! :mrgreen:
And on April 16th i did load it up there !! x'D

dffyyatmvwrr.jpeg

And i DON'T EVEN NEED an awesome Ability like some Fortuneteller to be able to actually glance into the Future and predict a more or less accurate description of what may come to pass.

Because Companies ALREADY DID THIS ONCE - with Larian Studios !! :D
They WHINED AND BITCHED about a Game apparently not being up to the VideoGame Standart,

while in Truth this " WAS - THE - STANDART " - between at least around 2003 up until 2015. :D

These obstinate, lazy, incompetent Companies should just quit.
People don't want to play bad VideoGames. NOT EVEN as a free to play model !! :tongue:

People want THIS !!
People want what Ashes is about to become. And BOOOIIII i can't wait to have my Revenge as i will deliciously sip on a fine Wine or whatever, while enjoying Intrepid's Success and Entrance into a glorious Age of Ashes of Creation for Years to come,

while other Companies were to lazy, undecided - and COWARDLY - to invest Time, Money - and Effort, into giving the MMO VideoGamers an awesome MMO that they love to play. >:) . >:) . >:)

Ahhh. :heart: the butthurt is already making it's way here. * sn~iiiff * - and it smells like Victory. >:)

I think the next Months are going to be aaaabsolutely delicious. Especially after Alpha Two has started.
Let the BUTTHURT - begin !!!
a50whcz343yn.png

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Other companies which whine about AoC are basically giving us free advertising....potential customers who knew nothing of AoC will now check us out.
  • Options
    DripyulaDripyula Member
    The usual suspects crying about how they are too incompetend to measure up to truly passionate developers.
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 28
    I think some perspective is needed.

The comments made that are discussed in the OP were not from those companies, they were from employees within those companies.

There is a difference - no one on these forums is attributing your comments to the place you work - they are your comments.

The problem is, those comments also had perfect validity behind them.

EA, Activsion and other large companies are simply not capable of producing a game like Baulders Gate 3. Not because they don't have the technical ability, but because these large companies are simply not geared up to create them. It is like expecting a 3 michelin star meal from a McDonalds - that is an unrealistic expectation, it is not what McDonalds is geared up to do. Even the best McDonalds in the world isn't capable of producing 3 michelin star meals.

Realistically, when Ashes releases, the comments you are going to see from most MMORPG developers (the people, not the companies) is that yeah, they played Ashes, and yeah, they liked it.
  • Options
    DimitraeosDimitraeos Member
    edited June 28
    What in the absolute fck is this schizo-babble, manic post? Sir or maam, please...be careful when huffing copium.

We get it, we are all excited about Intrepid's great work so far. But damn...go for a walk or something.
    "Divinity is not just Love, Devotion or Purpose. Divinity is the hammer which we use to crush Corruption."
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Dimitraeos wrote: »
    * Absolute Betamale Comment *

Hold on a Moment there ... ... ... ... fixed. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited June 28
    Noaani wrote: »
    EA, Activsion and other large companies are simply not capable of producing a game like Baulders Gate 3.

Not because they don't have the technical ability, but because these large companies are simply not geared up to create them.

Quite right, Yes. There is also this fact that many (most ?) of these Companies are run and under Authority of Decision-Makers, who in short : DON'T. PLAY. Videogames. ;)

They are solely interested in Profits. Not in possible Fun of the VideoGamers. This sadly, is something that many, many VideoGamers have not realised over the Years.

It get's really interesting however, is how many People reacted towards "Larian Studios" because Larian made such a wonderful, beautiful and funny Game.

It was not just all Praises and Flowers. That is for sure. Apparently many People critizised Larian Studios for making such a Game,
    because it allegedly "falsely rises" VideoGamers' expected Standards.

Which it does not.

Maybe i am somewhat entitled over here, but my Standart was always this -> " You give fun Game. Then me give You money. " ( :D ) - kind of Standard.

I've boycotted more VideoGames between 2016 and 2023 than most VideoGamers ever did, i think. Now i am aware this is completely insignificant as i am only a single Person myself,

but damn so many VideoGames which could have been good. Very, very good in fact.
    And then it is mostly " Under false Pretenses " - like it was in Aliens, Colonial Marines. :pensive:

I dare say,
    if many, MANY more People would have acted just like me, it would have made Videogame Developers think a little bit more. Respect the Wishes of the Gaming Community more.

We need more People who don't jump at any new, promising looking Game like a Trainstation-Junkie in Withdrawal to the next Shot of his Dealer. ;)

I am not special. I am not extraordinary. My Willpower is not necessarily above anyone else's. ;)

Realistically, when Ashes releases, the comments you are going to see from most MMORPG developers (the people, not the companies) is that yeah, they played Ashes, and yeah, they liked it.

I think this to be the Case as well. Thanks for looking into this Topic, Noaani. :smile:
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Zero self awareness post. This is the kind of shit people point to when they try and broad brush make fun of fandoms lmao.
    "Divinity is not just Love, Devotion or Purpose. Divinity is the hammer which we use to crush Corruption."
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    There is nothing more enjoyable than some nice Peace and Quiet, due to Ignore-List ... ...

bw6sr2v95ek1.jpg

Lovely. Although it seems i can slightly hear the buzzing of a dung-fly in the Distance.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Cool, calm and collected video game enjoyer.
  • Options
    FutuereFutuere Member
    Please step outside and get some fresh air. Turn Youtube and the internet off for a while, things will be ok.
  • Options
    ChonkersChonkers Member
    o:) Based Schizo-post W o:)
    o:)
  • Options
    edited June 29
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Apparently many People critizised Larian Studios for making such a Game,
    because it allegedly "falsely rises" VideoGamers' expected Standards.
    This is the part that isn't technically true.

You will find very little criticizm of Larian. Not none, but very little.

What people said - and quite rightly - is that other companies simply can't do what they did, and so gamers should not expect it from them.

This is an absolutely true statement - and was made in reply to comments from people stating that Larian had raised the expectation of RPG's.

This is a perfectly valid statement to make.

The sequence of events was thus;

Larian released BG3.
    Players loved BG3.
    Developers in other companies loved BG3.
    Person#1 said BG3 raised the bar for RPG' going forward.
    Person#2 said that players shouldn't expect the bar to be raised due to BG3.
    You posted this thread that person#2 criticized BG3.

You are right in stating that BG3 should not raise the bar of what gamers expect from games going forward. That means that you are actually agreeing with the person you are here criticizing, and it is in fact the person they were replying to (person#1 above) that you should be criticizing (if anyone).
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Futuere wrote: »
    * Betamale's Double Account *

I know your Life is shit and so on : and You hate Everyone who talks their Mind while You on the other Hand don't dare to do the same,

but believe me : " You - will - be - okay. "

Someday,
    you find Someone, who will love You just for who you are. Then you don't need to act like an edgy, mouthy Teenager towards People like me in a Forum. Have a nice Day. Yes - on my Igno-List.

Chonkers wrote: »
    o:) Based Schizo-post W o:)
    o:)

Please not You too, Chonkers. :sweat_smile:

I know what the " Checker-Language " in the Internet is,
    and let me tell You : this is the Language of usually braindead " "Lower Secondary Education" -Students,
    or outright " Special Needs School " -Students,

and long Story short - the latter is "NOT" for People with Disabilities - NOT for People who have one or several Handicaps,

No. I mean solely People who REFUSE to learn and educate themself and to improve their Brain -> i mean People who are so obstinate to be lazy and Lowbrow-Ghetto in Society - that they INTENTIONALLY throw their School Education under the Bus.

Please don't use the Word " Schizo ", Chonkers. I mean,
    i could write some edgy, cool Stuff - like : " I am ALWAYS Schizo !! Now, to the Schizo-Batmobile !! "

But actually most People on the Internet who i see using the Word Schizo, are not necessarily smart People. It is more a thing for Entertainers. "Cheap" Entertainers. I know smarter People use that Word, too - but it has been spoiled.

Tainted. Sullied. Stained. The Word has become soiled by People who laugh over a Zero-I.Q. Joke. :sweat_smile:
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited June 29
    This is the part that isn't technically true.

Exactly.

You will find very little criticizm of Larian. Not none, but very little.

What people said - and quite rightly - is that other companies simply can't do what they did, and so gamers should not expect it from them.

When we all want to be completely fair actually,

then Yes. Yes i can accept that not all Video Game Companies "can" do the same. That not all have the Knowhow and so on.

But there is a Difference between People being not able to,
    aaannnd People usually being "FORCED" to bring a Game out like Two Years before it would be really good and finished,

OORR People who "refuse" to put in the Time, Money - and Effort, to create a wonderful Game. I must say it is very disappointing how "restive and ornery" this Attitude and Stance from many VideoGame Companies looks from the outside,

or even worse : IS the actual Attitude and Stance from some Developers.

Like :

" Jeah we want your Money. "
    " But we WON'T. MAKE. a. really. fun/good. VideoGame. "
    " You. can. not. force. us. "
    " We. will. make. what. we. want. And. You. get. either. THIS. - or. nothing. "

And i am fine with it. I rather skip +6 to +8 Games i would have loved to play probably - and get "nothing", as instead being fobbed off with a half-assed VideoGame,

that COULD have been so incredibly much Fun like some former VideoGames in the Past -> but then it is ag~aaaiiiinnnn only such an "half-fun" Knock-off,

next unworthy Successor after a glorious first Game/Predecessor... ...
    It is just tiring.

The Air is just out of this. There is just Zero Surprise with so many Successors of former VideoGames which were all cool and exciting. And usually the second Game then falls flat, or is complete Garbage. :sweat_smile:

This is an absolutely true statement - and was made in reply to comments from people stating that Larian had raised the expectation of RPG's.

This is a perfectly valid statement to make.

The sequence of events was thus;

Larian released BG3.
    Players loved BG3.
    Developers in other companies loved BG3.
    Person#1 said BG3 raised the bar for RPG' going forward.
    Person#2 said that players shouldn't expect the bar to be raised due to BG3.
    You posted this thread that person#2 criticized BG3.

You are right in stating that BG3 should not raise the bar of what gamers expect from games going forward. That means that you are actually agreeing with the person you are here criticizing, and it is in fact the person they were replying to (person#1 above) that you should be criticizing (if anyone).

I have the Impression You missed my Point a little bit, Noaani. Thanks a lot for the good and correct Points anyway however. ;)

What i mean,
    what i meant with my as People call it " Schizo-Opening Comment " here,

is the Fact that the "Trashtalkers" will slowly coming crawling and otherwise emerging out from their Gollum-like Holes and Caves (lol),

and You can expect more or less funny Entertainment in the form of Drama happening in the Months to come. At least when the Alpha Two is finally here.

" MOST " Trashtalkers until now,
    are usually these bitter, miserable little Gamers with a toxic Personality and usually as much Friends as they had Sex-Partners in their Life,
    meaning most have not a single Friend, ( :D )

and those are usually PISSED because they waited for Ashes of Creation since 2018 or even before : and feel entitled to be entertained by Developers "OR" spitefully talk Trash about them, when their Expectations are not met.

For Example the Expectation that Ashes of Creation would have come out somewhere between 2021 and 2024 :tongue: but alas the Game needs longer to become the glorious Ashes we all love and want. ;)

Ashes' Success will come. "Someday". Someday sooner, or later.

But the "now-Trashtalker", sooner or later to be followed by VideoGame Developers of long Story short shitty, bad VideoGames,

want Revenge for being let down for a few Years. ;) . :mrgreen:

They " WANT " to see it fail. For several Reasons.
    ONE is the Reason that they have already probably talked Trash about Ashes of Creation for Years.

" Muuuh. It's a Scam. "
    " I know for a HUNDRED PERCENT SURE it's a Scam !! "
    " It is a Scam like Star Citizen and will keep sucking your Money and never come out - and yada yada yada- "

Like a WoW-Player that got angry and sour over the Years from something -> and keeps constantly saying and claiming that WoW is a dead Game and that it is SO. DEAD. and we just wait and see it will come true sooner or later. :tongue: . :trollface: . :tongue:

A few Times "Narc" came a bit close to become such a Person, but naaah. His Withdrawal from a good MMO have made him an atta-Loyalist to our Cause for a good MMO. Heheheheh. :mrgreen:
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    edited June 30
    I have the Impression You missed my Point a little bit, Noaani.
    Are you sure you stated your point?

Your OP and threat title are all about other companies criticizing Ashes. You stated it has begun already.

Rather than showing us where it begun, you cited a quote from a game developer in regards to Baulders Gate 3. That quote was essentially a weirdly worded piece of praise for the game (basically saying "we can't make anything like this game with the restrictions placed on us, please don't expect this from us").

Now, in this reply, you are talking about gamers, content creators and such - none of which existed in the threat title or the OP.

So, perhaps I have missed your point - but I think that is because you have changed what your point is. The point you are trying to make now is definately not the same as the point you were trying to make in the OP.

The only thing I can summarise is that you are trying to say that you think "general criticism for Ashes will start soon". As a general statement, it is perhaps true - but even then there are considerations to make.

Content creators criticise things if they think that is what their audience wants, or what will get them the most views. Their opinions they talk about are not always the opinions they have, they are the opinions they think will get them more views - much like EA, content creators are essentially running a business, and profit is paramount.

Posters on Reddit will critise Ashes - but that is because Reddit exists for talking shit - regardless of it is what people believe.

Most (not all) gaming "news" websites these days only give positive articles to games that have paid them money in some manner (adds or sponsored articles). Thus, most written media can be ignored.

So, basically, anything a content creator says can be ignored. Anything posted on Reddit can be ignored. Any articles about Ashes can be ignored. Add this to the notion that game developers will not talk shit about a game they didn't work on, and what are you left with?

Twitter/X, forums and Discord.
  • Options

Your OP and threat title are all about other companies criticizing Ashes. You stated it has begun already.

Rather than showing us where it begun, you cited a quote from a game developer in regards to Baulders Gate 3. That quote was essentially a weirdly worded piece of praise for the game (basically saying "we can't make anything like this game with the restrictions placed on us, please don't expect this from us").

Now, in this reply, you are talking about gamers, content creators and such - none of which existed in the threat title or the OP.

So, perhaps I have missed your point - but I think that is because you have changed what your point is. The point you are trying to make now is definately not the same as the point you were trying to make in the OP.

The only thing I can summarise is that you are trying to say that you think "general criticism for Ashes will start soon". As a general statement, it is perhaps true - but even then there are considerations to make.

Content creators criticise things if they think that is what their audience wants, or what will get them the most views. Their opinions they talk about are not always the opinions they have, they are the opinions they think will get them more views - much like EA, content creators are essentially running a business, and profit is paramount.

Posters on Reddit will critise Ashes - but that is because Reddit exists for talking shit - regardless of it is what people believe.

Most (not all) gaming "news" websites these days only give positive articles to games that have paid them money in some manner (adds or sponsored articles). Thus, most written media can be ignored.

So, basically, anything a content creator says can be ignored. Anything posted on Reddit can be ignored. Any articles about Ashes can be ignored. Add this to the notion that game developers will not talk shit about a game they didn't work on, and what are you left with?

Twitter/X, forums and Discord.

Idk what's funnier. The insane rambling from OP or you trying to have an actual discussion about whatever the hell OP is trying to say lmao.

It's like some homeless crackhead screaming about angels on the street and you're there like "yes, interesting...let's consider a few other possibilities first ☝️😮"
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member

Indeed. And you can be sure it will get stronger in the Months to come. The first "scattered, more silent" bitching and whinings were already uttered.

Forgive me if i don't want to link X/Twitter here. ESPECIALLY NOT that Website. :sweat_smile:
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options

Indeed. And you can be sure it will get stronger in the Months to come. The first "scattered, more silent" bitching and whinings were already uttered.

Forgive me if i don't want to link X/Twitter here. ESPECIALLY NOT that Website. :sweat_smile:

Based on your misinterpritation of the quote you talked about in the OP, you'll have to excuse me for not just taking your word for it.