Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Big petition to restore DISAGREE button!

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    It's not negativity. It's called a discussion.

For example, if someone asks you do you like soup, and you say no, is that negativity? :open_mouth:

Because in that case you are being negative by voting no on this poll. xD
  • Options
    And yeah sometimes that happens, some people are (nearly) unmovable, which probably is the case where you just let them be.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Lilem said:
    Voted "No" simply because you can express disagreement by actually replying and explaining what are you disagreeing with, not by stacking "Disagree" counter in someone's profile. 

If we remove all disagree counters, I would also like to remove agee and like counters as well...

Because as you said, people can actually, as you so well put it "express agreement by actually replying and explaining what are you agreeing with, not by stacking agree counter in someone's profile."

Yeah? :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Oh are they? I did not know that. The music in that game was just ahh so good
    Yup, there's even a separate twitter account named "thatnextgame" (a play on the company name, Thatgamecompany).
    The composer for Journey is Austin Wintory, by the way. Great music.
  • Options
    Precisely.
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Cyreph said:
    I was called an alt account created in a huge social engineering effort by bigger publishers to undermine an indie game because I disagreed with the direction of the developers. 

I wish I am kidding about this. So... yeah, let's stay civil.  :)
    Not sure I understand what you just said there, but it sounded pretty insidious.
    It's best not to talk about it, and just enjoy the fact that we are in a forum where the members can never disagree with each other.  :D
  • Options
    mhm I have the soundtrack downloaded. And lol nice
  • Options
    @Cyreph ....are you saying you disagree with disagreeing??? What blasphemy is this!?
    I must research this more!
  • Options
    I see that exact meme so often xD
  • Options
    Hey there,

To clarify a few things - The buttons came with Vanilla, right out of the box. Intrepid wasn't really going to add them to begin with, it just came with it :P 

Also, the forums are meant to be a positive environment. We've already seen people troll and abuse the negative points on a person in order to ruin their validity, and there's really no reason to add negative points to someone - even if you disagree with them. It's silly.

Thank you for your feedback and I'll be more than happy to send it to the team :) 
  • Options
    I'm not going to vote. Going to say however, you missed a great opportunity to put the following poll:

1) This post is insightful and helped me see the benefits of a Disagree button.
    2) I agree with OP that the Disagree button should come back. 
    3) I like the idea of having the Disagree button back.
    4) LOL. Sure, why not?
  • Options
    I'm not really partial one way or the other, but I wasn't super opposed to the disagree button to begin with. Just glad to be here with all you fine folk!
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    lexmax said:
    Cyreph said:
    So is this going to be some Ashes Community inside joke now? When we disagree with someone, we just say we find them insightful? 
    Please don't let this happen! I've given insightful to so many people I'll be bounty hunted IRL!
    I've been tossing out Insightful like Candy, this is a bad idea!
    It's only a bad idea to hand out candy if you're in your a van. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I think if you're going to disagree with someone... you should explain yourself with a counter argument.  Not just give you a simple down vote. 

A counter argument promotes discussion and the exchanging of ideas, perhaps the exchange makes all the parties involved look at the subject in a new light.

So why would I want to keep the Agree button in this scenario?  Shouldn't that be removed "to keep it fair?"
    No, I don't believe so.... because if you agree with someone, what are you going to do, just rehash the same information over again?  No, in this case, just hitting an "agree" says "hey, yeah, I think about it in a similar way" without the need to post that - which really doesn't add too much to the conversation.

That's my 2 copper on the subject, anyways. 
  • Options
    @Cyreph ....are you saying you disagree with disagreeing??? What blasphemy is this!?
    I must research this more!
    I'm not saying I disagree with anything. I... can't. I'm not sure why. It feels like something was there but is now missing in my life. 

:D 
  • Options
    I don't care either way. It's not like you can't disagree, it just takes a few more keystrokes.
  • Options
    I'd rather have it and not need it, but I am not bothered either way. I voted yes just to keep things interesting.
  • Options
    You didn't include a "i don't care option". So I chose no. 
  • Options
    Oh dear god...it's spreading! Is it through contact...through water??? AIRBORNE!?

Nobody touch me I'm sterile!!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    You see important thing here is feedback for developers.

Now when developers read some post that suggests something and they see 120 agrees and 430 disagrees, it's much more clear to them how community feels then if they just saw 120 agrees, and then count through all the comments trying to figure out which people disagree and count that...

They could even conclude, as 120 is big number, that people like that idea... not seeing 430 disagrees that would be there if button existed.

VISIBILITY is the key word here. Specially in discussions that will have hundreds of comments.

Wouldn't you say?
  • Options
    Right now I just think the disagree button is a meme more than anything else. Hell for a while the insightful button is going to be a meme.
  • Options
    I've gone ahead and merged all three topics that were talking about the same thing :) 
  • Options
    I voted yes on accident ;-; I blame small phone screen - I don't like agrees or disagrees because you can always just type out why instead of just saying I do or don't agree.
  • Options
    Gothix said:
    You see important thing here is feedback for developers.

Now when developers read some post that suggests something and they see 120 agrees and 430 disagrees, it's much more clear to them how community feels then if they just saw 120 agrees, and then count through all the comments trying to figure out which people disagree and count that...

They could even conclude, as 120 is big number, that people like that idea... not seeing 430 disagrees that would be there if button existed.

VISIBILITY is the key word here. Specially in discussions that will have hundreds of comments.

Wouldn't you say?
    In that specific example, I do agree with you.  Mainly because I don't think the developers do much reading of what we say on the forums. (And really, why should they?  They should be busy making the game, hot darn it!)
    So if they did make specific posts for feedback in that regard, such a feature would help tally responses for them.

However, I fear that the Disagree button in particular would spend 90% of it's usage just in random discussion between us fans.  Is that a small price to pay for it's legitimate usage times?  Maybe, I don't know. 
    I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not convinced it's useful the majority of the time even though it might be some of the time. 
  • Options
    It doesn't really matter to me. Although now we cant find out who the head naysayer will be, lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    My "Disagree" field just came back in my user profile.... even though you still can't Disagree posts.... Hmmmmm.

EDIT:  And then it disappeared again.    Me thinks they're still playing with things. 
  • Options
    Yeah i think we are witnessing an evolution the very moment it is happening!

• Options
    edited June 2017
    The Insightful button is gone! So are all the related threads. 

Agree has bee removed as well!

Is this the apocalypse?  :o
This discussion has been closed.