Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What race do you think you'll be?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Want to hear a song? Too bad, I'm a bard/figher, I play the song of pain, my enemies sing it! >:)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I think I'll probably end up choosing a human. But I may also decide on being a elf.
  • Options
    ruairidh said:
    I somewhat hoped to see "different" races from the classical ones, so I am quite pleased with the existence of Tulnars.

I am the mage type, mostly ranged but not exclusively (like the hybrid-fighter you can create in the Elder Scroll games), so most probably I will create an elf.

Besides, it has been proposed that the concept of elves originated from the early humans in Europe witnessing short, fair hair/skin, longer living neanderthals, which were also more robust, so I think it works also historically speaking.
    One of these days I'm writing this story ....
    Elves: Engineered Life Forms

Because humans discovered time travel but physically were unable to do so themselves, so built elves, that's why they're taller, healthier and able to do magic stuff.... advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic and all.....

Though am a little stuck on why time travelling folks would want to steal babies and cows..... :)

Possibly it's because babies and cows are the two most naturally evil creatures in existance?
  • Options
    Megs said:
    ruairidh said:
    I somewhat hoped to see "different" races from the classical ones, so I am quite pleased with the existence of Tulnars.

I am the mage type, mostly ranged but not exclusively (like the hybrid-fighter you can create in the Elder Scroll games), so most probably I will create an elf.

Besides, it has been proposed that the concept of elves originated from the early humans in Europe witnessing short, fair hair/skin, longer living neanderthals, which were also more robust, so I think it works also historically speaking.

Because humans discovered time travel but physically were unable to do so themselves, so built elves, that's why they're taller, healthier and able to do magic stuff.... advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic and all.....

Though am a little stuck on why time travelling folks would want to steal babies and cows..... :)

Possibly it's because babies and cows are the two most naturally evil creatures in existance?
    Not as much as horses. Horses are terrible people.
  • Options
    ruairidh said:
    Megs said:
    ruairidh said:

Not as much as horses. Horses are terrible people.
    I don't know I think the cows subtle stares at you while it munches grass are more threatening... At least most of the time you know when the horse is gonna kick your teeth in. That cow though with it's dead eyes and cold malicious presence...

But babies, babies are just gross.
  • Options
    Bannith said:

I don't know I think the cows subtle stares at you while it munches grass are more threatening... At least most of the time you know when the horse is gonna kick your teeth in. That cow though with it's dead eyes and cold malicious presence...

Not cows sir, not cows, if we're talking big guns, we have to uncover the unwavering truth, what we had under our noses but refused to accept... our true lords and masters... pidgeons!

Now try, try to look into its eyes and not feel the urge to fall on your knees and beg for your dear life while it walks defiantly and glorious toward your newly washed car and uses it as its personal bathroom. TRY!

• Options
    I don't think a Tulnar is the most stealthy of races, but my gut instinct tells me otherwise, so.... LET"S GO!!!
  • Options
    I can't decide until I learn how the racial skins are applied!

Does anyone know if the racial skins will look the same regardless of what race you roll with? Or will each race look unique in the KS skins (I'm thinking a tulnar angel would look pretty rad)
  • Options
    I'm thinking a tulnar angel would look pretty rad
    I'm not sure about the skins, but :astonished: tulnar angel :astonished: sounds awesome.
  • Options
    If I'm allowed to create a Skaven/Ratonga type character with the Tulnar I highly doubt I will ever play anything else! (Maybe a reptile on the side but beast all the way!)
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    I'm thinking a tulnar angel would look pretty rad
    I'm not sure about the skins, but :astonished: tulnar angel :astonished: sounds awesome.
    Right? I just don't know if the tail would work with the rest of the getup, or if they just gently tuck it inside the butt-plate of the angel armor when you apply the racial skin haha
  • Options
    ruairidh said:
    Bannith said:

Not cows sir, not cows, if we're talking big guns, we have to uncover the unwavering truth, what we had under our noses but refused to accept... our true lords and masters... pidgeons!

Now try, try to look into its eyes and not feel the urge to fall on your knees and beg for your dear life while it walks defiantly and glorious toward your newly washed car and uses it as its personal bathroom. TRY!

I am dedicated to the eradication of all avian abominations. Your foolish pigeon cannot claim my soul. However, sadly I am at an impasse because the avian menace controls the horrifying worm population...

I truly feel these things need removed from existence lol...
  • Options
    Vek nation! My first two characters will be be Vek and my third will either be Nikua or Tulnar.
  • Options
    Cleric Dwarf or Human, depending on how they look.
  • Options
    Bannith said:
    ruairidh said:
    Bannith said:

I am dedicated to the eradication of all avian abominations. Your foolish pigeon cannot claim my soul. However, sadly I am at an impasse because the avian menace controls the horrifying worm population...

same with spiders and mosquitoes
  • Options
    ruairidh said:
    Bannith said:
    ruairidh said:
    Bannith said:

same with spiders and mosquitoes
    I honestly don't mind those 2 that much. mosquitoes tend to be useless against me for some reason lol. I get my blood went from sweet to a horribly bitter somewhere along the lines. =P

As for spiders I respect their purpose to eat said skitos and prevent the bug overlords from taking over. That worm though is just an abomination that should never have been... You know it has some kind of nerve venom in its spines? Freaken messed up creature.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I really like the balanced stats that humans always get
  • Options
    Honestly depends on the customization options but probably human because I'm boring
  • Options
    Orc all the way,  Orc warrior class to be specific.... I played Orc in WoW, ESO, EQ, and everything else haha something just fits with Orcs and warriors...or shaman... oooo shaman.... So stoked on this game!  I would love to be a part of the alpha!  I will pre purchase the game if that's what it takes!!!
  • Options
    My first character will probably be an elf... Im kinda addicted to this race
  • Options
    RIP Orc Metropolis. 
  • Options
    Probably Tulnar, if I like the look of them. If not, Il join the Dwarf master race.
  • Options
    I wouldn't play a race I didn't want to see naked. I guess I just have to choose between Orc or Tulnar then  :wink:

• Options
    Ill start with Elf first if I feel like there aren't enough Cleric/Tanks Aka Paladins :P 

Prob' going human main though because I'm BORING
  • Options
    Elder said:
    RIP Orc Metropolis. 
    That's actually a fair point x.x going to need to rally all the lesser popular races to try get our architecture nodes out there x.x a dwarvish node would look wonderful :3
  • Options
    Elfs FTW