Please do not make this game pay 2 win.

As the title says, If gearing up in this game is HEAVILY pay to win OR RNG evolving system (regrading archeage ex). So that players cant pay 10000 euro's and buy the best gear off the action house or buy charms to regrade better etc etc etc. Every ''mmo'' that came out recently heavily relied on this. I dont mind if you need a bit of a grinding but if you need to rely on RNG on the gear upgrades. 

PLEASE DO NOT DO THESE.

Comments

• Progression shouldn't be behind paywalls but i believe they mentioned they dont want this which is the reasoning for the game being subscription based. Personally i dont mind some rng in gear upgrades..just nothing that destroys all my hard work. 
    ╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
  • They said in one of there videos that they did not want it to be pay to win. I think it was the frequently asked questions one.
  • It's been confirmed that Ashes of Creation won't be Pay2Win :) Happy Days ^^
  • Relwoh said:
    They said in one of there videos that they did not want it to be pay to win. I think it was the frequently asked questions one.
    im just scared that it will end up like BDO / Archeage
  • Diura said:
    It's been confirmed that Ashes of Creation won't be Pay2Win :) Happy Days ^^
    I really REALLY do hope so..
  • Diura said:
    In all fairness other games have promised the same thing only to fall to greed not saying the same will happen here but nothing is confirmed yet. Nice to see someone so positive though :D 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Alluring said:
    Diura said:
    In all fairness other games have promised the same thing only to fall to greed not saying the same will happen here but nothing is confirmed yet. Nice to see someone so positive though :D 
    Well perhaps so but Intrepid have mentioned that they are looking for game longevity and that p2w approach although is a quick cash grab it doesn't provide the longevity they desire. They would like to franchise Ashes ^^
    i would also like to add that remeber Steven is a gamer before a developer so I would imagine his experience in mmos will influence his approach to developing Ashes :)
  • No pay to win.  Subscriptions only. It has been confirmed by the Devs.  
  • Diura said:
    Alluring said:
    Diura said:
    Well perhaps so but Intrepid have mentioned that they are looking for game longevity and that p2w approach although is a quick cash grab it doesn't provide the longevity they desire. They would like to franchise Ashes ^^
    Yes theyre aware of the issue that many others overlook which is good and does indeed give hope for this games future. I am looking forward to the games progression; just dont want to blindly trust another game just yet.
  • Alluring said:
    Diura said:
    Alluring said:
    Diura said:
    Yes theyre aware of the issue that many others overlook which is good and does indeed give hope for this games future. I am looking forward to the games progression; just dont want to blindly trust another game just yet.
    I understand the scars people have from other mmos. I got them too :) I hope with open development we can help steer Ashes into the direction we want and as @CylverRayne has mentioned Ashes will be subscription based so that Intrepid can gain the finances the need to further develop and maintain the game. Still a long journey ahead but lets enjoy watching the progression :3
  • Alluring said:
    Diura said:
    Key difference between Ashes of Creation and other games like BDO and ArcheAge is that those game developers all had to deal with publisher demands for profit and monetization.

Intrepid is self-publishing Ashes of Creation.  Steven has stated that he does not have a board or publisher to answer to.  The responsibility and authority for the project are his alone.  Without the external pressure, we have a much greater likelihood of the game not being P2W, as promised.
  • Its been stated a lot by the devs that they are steering well clear of pay to win, they have confirmed a cash shop for cosmetic items only.
    edited June 2017
    Really? If there is one thing Steven and the rest of the team have made crystal clear, it's that Ashes will *not* be pay to win. There should be no questioning of it at this point. If they did make it P2W, or even Pay to Convenience like BDO, they would lose a *ton* of backers.

Whether they'll be able to meet every single expectation of the community is another matter, but considering P2W is one of the main reasons Steven decided to make Ashes, I think it's pretty safe to say that it won't ever happen under his watch.

(Unless you're one of the crazies who cry about people being able to make alts as P2W, in which case there will be no pleasing you).
    edited June 2017
    Possum said:
    Alluring said:
    Diura said:
    Key difference between Ashes of Creation and other games like BDO and ArcheAge is that those game developers all had to deal with publisher demands for profit and monetization.

Intrepid is self-publishing Ashes of Creation.  Steven has stated that he does not have a board or publisher to answer to.  The responsibility and authority for the project are his alone.  Without the external pressure, we have a much greater likelihood of the game not being P2W, as promised.
    Indeed my hope for AoC is great but guarded until i see more progress; but ive fallen in love with the world in Ashes already it has everything i want in an MMO. I want to see it come to life \o/
  • As of this moment, this doesn't look like it happening. 

Alluring said:
    Diura said:
    It's nothing about being positive, it's really just being neutral. the developers have stated multiple times that they don't intend to go the p2w route or even the pay for convenience route. So there's no need to jump to that conclusion atm.

Their actions thus far in the Kickstarter  (making rewards only skins, even for things like mounts, ensuring early access has no advantage of node advancment etc.) has only strengthened their claims about their wishes to stay away from P2W

If they start doing some stuff to make us doubt that they aren't going stay the current course in terms of being against P2W, then it would be more sensible then to start pleading for the game not to be P2Win.

For me, pleading for the game not to be p2w at this current moment makes as much sense as pleading for the game to not be single player or not to turn sci-fi. 
  • The majority of backers and people here know Intrepid has said Ashes is to be subscription to play. They come with that knowledge.  With the amount of cash pledged and this knowledge I am almost positive you won't see anything else.

Many of us have yearned for a game that was solid and not based on quick fixes of cash.  Those that will one day cry for it to be FTP or to win can go hide in their corners. I don't think Intrepid will bend to their yelling and demands,  They will lose too many people if they do.
  • OP:

What you're hearing from us is what we've watched, read, and reviewed. However, it's of course filtered through our hopes and perceptions, so you seem to be uncertain whether it's "viable" or "real" or whatever.

What I'd happily invite you to do, and strongly recommend that you do, is watch the Twitch streams for yourself, at the very least; they can be found at the following link. When you have seen and shared the thought process of the devs themselves, and especially Steven Sharif, I think you'll find yourself more at-ease.

https://www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation/videos/all
    edited June 2017
    @ All

I am sorry to inform you all that this game is pay to win. You will have to pay to play and to win you need to play so logicly (?) its pay to win.

We all win just by paying. Life is great.
  • Friesian said:
    @ All

I am sorry to inform you all that this game is pay to win. You will have to pay to play and to win you need to play so logicly (?) its pay to win.

:D:D love that logic! Approved  B)
  • HailHydra said:
    Friesian said:
    @ All

Thatis not pay to win, that is pay to play the game just like WoW subscription I WOULD LOVE to pay to play but i would HATE to pay to win. There is a difference
  • zhouikun said:
    Diura said:
    I really REALLY do hope so..
    It's been confirmed it won't be pay to win.
  • The devs have said before that they hated P2W games so I can't see why they would go back on their word
  • zhouikun said:
    HailHydra said:
    Friesian said:
    @ All

Thatis not pay to win, that is pay to play the game just like WoW subscription I WOULD LOVE to pay to play but i would HATE to pay to win. There is a difference
    He was making a joke.
  • they said pay 2 win is just bad for the game as the community and game will die , in the end looked at blessed for example 
  • zhouikun said:
    HailHydra said:
    Friesian said:
    @ All

True.  Pay2Play also offers the opportunity to lose.  So, the game can be just as much Pay2Lose.  :)
  • Some of the best games out there, had expendable gear. The skills were where the power was, the grind was in the skills and levels, and the gear was not as big a deal (ie it didnt take you a year to build a set of gear)

In many of these games, gear was full drop, so death resulted in you needing to get more gear. Darkfall online comes to mind here.

I am not certain what their plans are for this, but im hoping we avoid some RNG based modding system for gear. That type of progression isnt productive for a game and ends up leaning power to those who can sink real money into it via legit or not so legit methods to overcome this hurdle.

• Possum said:
    zhouikun said:
    HailHydra said:
    Friesian said:
    @ All

True.  Pay2Play also offers the opportunity to lose.  So, the game can be just as much Pay2Lose.  :)
    Ive got a trauma pls the word p2w oh boy..
  • When I subscribe to anything it is for enjoyment or learning.  Games are no exception.
    I will be paying to play and enjoy.  
    edited June 2017
    Do some research before posting. This studio is as anti pay-to-win as it gets.
  • Maerik85 said:
    Do some research before posting. This studio is as anti pay-to-win as it gets.
    I think it's always ok to ask, especially for a newcomer. I personally don't mind to answer a question that was already assessed, as long as I can help a new member find his way throughout the forums and the amount of information already available about the game.

But that's my humble opinion, don't mind me too much :smile: