Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes is the most hyped game on MMORPG.com because...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Agreed @Absynth

#MMMOGA

• Options
    •Ever evolving world
    •Great Community
    •Interesting PvP options
    •Dev team is top notch
    •Caravan and boat raiding
    •Character Customization
    You forgot "Karthos is playing it, get hyped"
  • Options
    1. Game is funded by 1 passionate mmo gamer
    2.Intrepid studios is very transparent with their goals
    3. World is malleable, promises great fun
    4. promise of no p2w
    5. lots of pve content
    6. interesting housing system
    7. Deep crafting system
    8. Great trading system
    9. balanced pvp, hopefully
    10. Again, no p2w!!!! 
  • Options
    1. Nodes System... This thing is so good T-T
    2. Random ( and sometimes savage) PvP, restricted in order to prevent abuses
    3. Class variety and I hope VIABILITY too
    4. The Dream is real => Hype => We have a lot of expectations so it feels like we can't free ourselves from the game until we have concrete proof that what we expected is not going to happen or will happen. But until now, everything is fine.
    5. Something no one said yet: no p2w
  • Options
    Mentioning some things that weren't said, there's:
    Four pillars
    Subscription based
    Sticks to the theme of the world (no schoolgirl costumes, etc.) [hopefully]
    Wide class variety
  • Options
    - Devs want to create/ invent something new in the MMO world
    - interaction with the world (PVE or PVP etc.)
    - no p2w
    - graphics

I was following the game since several months and the Devs communication is the key factor for me. They managed to make me believe in what they're working on.
    So for the first time in my life I decided to be a backer...
  • Options
    1. No P2W
    2. Node system
    3. Griefer punishment
    4. Caravan
    5. Hidden-trigger events
  • Options
    • No P2W
    • Severe punishment of gankers
    • Subscription model
    • Crafting is meaningful
    • Openness of Devs
    • Caravans
    • Character creation concepts (as we have nothing right now)
    • Class system concepts (still so much more info to go)
    • Hopefully character based skills and not action-y skills of actual person (please no jumping red circles)
    • Housing/Freeholds (big one for me)
    • Impacting the world and it's development - actions/choices have meaning
  • Options
    These are great lists.  Definitely see some themes starting to emerge.  :)
  • Options
    - Not F2p
    - Western

• Options
    No clue =D Love what I see so far but I need more details before I am hyped. At this point I love the community and the node system. As a PvPer I love the idea. Other then that we know almost nothing. 
  • Options
    1. PvP concept at this stage sounds phenomenal
    2. PvE sounds as though it will have active interactions with the game world itself. Not just limited to an, okay lets go fight this mob/boss.
    3. The crafting systems could be genre defining if preliminary indications pan out well.
    4. The node system! Wow what a stellar concept
    5. Monster Coins!!! Who doesn't wanna play a raid boss ?!?! hello!
    6. Class system sounds very promising and could potentially deliver some long outstanding class customization options that have been missing from the MMORPG genre.
    7. P2W ..... thank you. Lets reward our dedicated, hardworking players rather than those who have the largest budget of disposable income.
    8. Dwarves! The best race =D
  • Options
    Belewyn said:
    2. PvE sounds as though it will have active interactions with the game world itself. Not just limited to an, okay lets go fight this mob/boss.
    3. The crafting systems could be genre defining if preliminary indications pan out well.
    6. Class system sounds very promising and could potentially deliver some long outstanding class customization options that have been missing from the MMORPG genre.
    7. P2W ..... thank you. Lets reward our dedicated, hardworking players rather than those who have the largest budget of disposable income.
    Omg are you my fellow lady dwarf friend? :0 \o/
  • Options
    Diura said:
    Belewyn said:
    Baruk Khazâd! <3
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Belewyn said:
    Diura said:
    Belewyn said:
    Baruk Khazâd! <3
    Omg ❤️ I'm not alone xD \o/ p.s I never got a notification for quoting me x.x
    *edit* cos I'm no type sure If you saw cos of lack of notification
    @Belewyn <- I've edited doing @ so you should get notification now? XD
  • Options
    Diura said:

Dwarves Rock! :)
  • Options
    Yeppers, I have all notifications enabled.... MOD life represent. Ever present and ready to be of service =D
  • Options

1. Node system - maybe

I've been giving this a lot of thought, and I confess I'm bit puzzled as to why AoC is so hyped. In fact, I'm a bit puzzled as to why I'm excited about AoC.

The node system is really the only thing that comes to mind for me, but since I'm not sure I can adequately explain the node system, I'm not sure why the idea appeals to me so much.

Not that the other reason given here aren't good reasons (they are), but they aren't unique to this game. Being that the reasons are mostly subjective, I think many of the reasons given could be said for a lot of games out there.

Maybe all the hype is simply mob mentality we've all gotten caught up in ;)

A friend asked why I was so looking forward to AoC, and my response was: "um, it has a node system."  "What's that?"  "Um...it's hard to explain. Check out the website."  

I can't say that I did a very good job of winning him over lol

• Options
    dabudo  :)  I hear you.  That's part of the reason why I made this thread.  It's good to get that elevator pitch down. 
  • Options
    1) Not P2W
    2) Not Chines clone
    3) Something new, with new feels
    4) Devs opening with community 
    5) Combine class
    6) We have rogue who can climbing/parkour 
    7) Payments method 
    8) PvP / Arena
    9) This game looks for a long time