Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Images of some 3d models I made to date.

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2018 in Fan Art
On discord today I was asked to display some images of some 3d models I made. They are all WIP. A few have a high poly count which needs to be fixed. The warhammer is ready for the next stage.
Once I am happy with them I will import them to UE4 and add particles and finish off the materials.
I am pretty busy these days so I can only attend to these when I have a few hours to myself.

Warhammer

Battleaxe

Staff with Gem

I was trying something different. Another type of staff with red gem.

Comments

• Uuaaauuuuu  :o

Very awesome and pretty!!!! Congrats @NightshadeRaven
  • JaPeMo said:
    Uuaaauuuuu  :o

Very awesome and pretty!!!! Congrats @NightshadeRaven
    Thanks. When I saw the live stream I saw a staff design. Going to see if I can create something similar.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Cool man
  • This is my first attempt at level design.
  • Really like your concepts !
    edited July 2017
    i like the twisted staff.
  • Really nice work, glad to finally see some concepts @NightshadeRaven
  • Duninn said:
    This is my first attempt at level design.
    How did you get the foaming water. Did you make the material. Other then that the scene looks nice.

• Warkov said:
    i like the twisted staff.
    Yeah thats the one which has a high poly count. Going to see if I can reduce it further without breaking it.
  • That staff is very nice, how hard would it be to make the blue twist a snake, would make a great Necro Staff
    edited July 2017
    That staff is very nice, how hard would it be to make the blue twist a snake, would make a great Necro Staff
    It shouldn't be that hard to make. Just need to make a snake head and attach the spiral to it.
  • @NightshadeRaven Honestly it was a default water texture from unity, though I used a different one for the stream. I later added in the sun, fog around the top of the mountain and a few other features.

Just downloaded unreal4 to try and test level design on it. Inspired by the livestream yesterday.
  • Duninn said:

Just downloaded unreal4 to try and test level design on it. Inspired by the livestream yesterday.
    Give us a yell if you want to know something specific in UE4.
  • Thanks for sharing!
  • @NightshadeRaven

Well I'm a complete newb to it so recommend any good tutorials with level design focus? I saw they had one by default but always looking to learn.
  • Duninn said:
    Well I'm a complete newb to it so recommend any good tutorials with level design focus? I saw they had one by default but always looking to learn.
    Well I suggest you learn the basics first, get used to the interface.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtpYZJvjJJcpCXLncseNFwg is a link to my channel I did some early work with the engine. I tried many things. I now have a better understanding.

• I haven't been well in the last week so I fell behind with creating the next stage. But today I finished stage 2 of the Warhammer.

I added designs to the top, bottom and on the hammer part itself.

I will be starting stage 3 next.

• I haven't been well in the last week so I fell behind with creating the next stage. But today I finished stage 2 of the Warhammer.

I added designs to the top, bottom and on the hammer part itself.

I will be starting stage 3 next.

I hope you feel better soon! The progress looks great, I am glad you are sharing!
  • Some great stuff, hope you get well soon
  • Really great stuff, you have a good future ahead of you and alot of cool things to be created!
  • Step 3 complete. This is the iced warhammer.  The blue bits glow and animate. Will be making a video once I finish it with particle effects.

I was thinking to make a fire lava one once I finished. Seeing all the work will be done inside UE4.

• Looks great, would love to see more elements! Keep up the great work @NightshadeRaven
  • Looks great, would love to see more elements! Keep up the great work @NightshadeRaven
    What do you mean by more elements
    Elemental effects, such as lightning, and the fire lava you had previously mentioned.
    Elemental effects, such as lightning, and the fire lava you had previously mentioned.
    Oh thats coming.. now that I have the warhammer in UE4 I can change to all different elements.
    Oh thats coming.. now that I have the warhammer in UE4 I can change to all different elements.
    @NightshadeRaven can't wait!
  • After wasting a few hours getting all the updates for OBS, I was a little behind in my updates. I had to reconfigure it and that took longer then I expected. So after all that I took a video of all the things I had worked on and also included the 2 warhammers I made.

Now for the particle effects I must admit its an area I still need to look at and learn. I just added 2 that were part of the starter content. So when I get a handle on particles effects its something I'll be revisiting.

The iced warhammer has got some tessellation on it hence the spikes on the glowing bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY1GY2jnHGI

• That is so amazing, good job
  • I needed to go back and fix up some of my rocks I created in UE4 from last year. I change the way I create the materials. If IS wants a few rocks let me know.

• They look great! Nice work